PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did it all go wrong? He came in, played a high tempo, fast, on the floor, counter attack style football.I switched it on for 5 minutes today. Couldn’t see the ball for 4 of them as it was 40ft in the air.

It really is terrible to watch and it’s not exactly like we’re top of the league. Chorley played a direct style today and were far more entertaining than us.

I’m not sure if it’s new players or a new manager but something has to give soon.

Chorley had a targetman that could actually win a header.

Admittedly, he was playing against kids, but still.

With so many games coming up we played a weak and unprepared side today

as much as it was hard to watch the Manager is focussed on a hectic league schedule, I don’t like us playing crap but we had a good December AN was nominated for the Manager of the Month, let’s keep things in perspective

His strengths our developing players and tactics geared to individual opponents

when playing twice a week he can’t do either, now he has the chance to do some training ground work, judge him in 2 months time not based on 90 minutes today

If you play badly, why is it demoralising to be told so. were they hoping he didn’t notice ? You have to be a big boy to play professional footy at this level. I think he did right to call it as he saw it
Never said it was the wrong thing to do. Said it was demoralising. It certainly isn't morale boosting. And for fringe players specifically (players no matter how much effort they put it, already know that they aren't good enough)

A genuine question as I didn't watch/listen to the game.
How did the new boy play?
Thought he was decent, given he was played on the right when he seemingly plays a DM position and had no help from Rafferty. Has pace, looked to get forward, tracked back and had a lot of composure on the ball.

Multiple times you could see him pointing and telling players where to pass it, who to, etc.

I'm not concerned with one off cup game cameos, he's not good enough for PNE and he entered the game when it was already won.

I'm more concerned about how we get rid of the equally poor players in our squad and replace them with better.

The game largely passed the midfield by

you can see he is technically good but struggled to get involved, hopefully with better players around him he will show more

Molumby was poor but the way he carried the ball gives me some hope, different to the rest of our midfielders.

Isn't it amazing how people see a game/players performance differently.
Apparently, he was "Poor", "technically good" and "decent".🤣
He was technically fine, just ran into trouble and didn't effect any part of the game.

Nothing like Pearson in terms of protecting the defence and mopping up.

Considering he playing furthest right of the midfield 4 you can hardly expect him to mop up
I was expecting him to be that sort of player, knowing nothing about him, he's clearly not, I didn't say I expected him to do it today.

We are either very good or damn right awful. On a good day we can be brilliant so the players are obviously good enough. On a bad day (too often of late) we seem to resort to "hoof football" - as the manager has stated in the past that he doesn't instruct them to play this style of football (I use the word football loosely) then he must admit it is his fault because he is unable to instill his instructions, tactics and belief into them.
Today he showed little or no enthusiasm and his post match comments showed his style of management isn't going to change

I was expecting him to be that sort of player, knowing nothing about him, he's clearly not, I didn't say I expected him to do it today.
Tbh I wasn't expecting him to play where he did.

I'd probably say he more of a Browne type than a Pearson. Definitely a utility player.

Status
Not open for further replies.