PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil You're An Embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onyedima is much stockier than I recall him being. Flattened Raff for the first goal and the same would have happened to anyone!

I'd take Raff and Earl if going on the attack but Fisher and Hughes are the better players.

On the topic of Accy doing well (before the fixture buildup from COVID and having terrible facilities leading to postponements builds up and derails their season) would John Coleman not be a sensible managerial appointment? Gets his lads to fight which is something we're sorely lacking at the moment.

Onyedima is much stockier than I recall him being. Flattened Raff for the first goal and the same would have happened to anyone!

I'd take Raff and Earl if going on the attack but Fisher and Hughes are the better players.

On the topic of Accy doing well (before the fixture buildup from COVID and having terrible facilities leading to postponements builds up and derails their season) would John Coleman not be a sensible managerial appointment? Gets his lads to fight which is something we're sorely lacking at the moment.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Definitely a bad day for him, but whilst he has been good recently I cant think he has had a game where he looked assured defensively.

So naive at times today and it seriously cost us
Earl ought to be persevered with this season. There's something there, despite a horror show today.

If we're gonna have a mediocre season (which, let's face it, we are), we may as well blood him and give him the chance to learn from his mistakes. Better idea than sending him to L1, which some are suggesting.

Delete your account mate, youre never coming back from this

Fine...I'd take Browne. At least has a good scoring record from there
Yes but Browne can’t defend when playing there which makes it pointless playing a right back at all

As it’s stands, fisher remains undroppable

Care to explain further? Okay, maybe not Hunts or Bauer
I just find it funny how you're talking about Fred Onyedinma, a 24 year old winger known for his pace, as if he's Peter Crouch.

Rafferty, as hard as he tries, is fucking useless. It isn't his fault he isn't good enough, but we should never have signed him in the first place. As entitled to your opinion you are, you are delusional.

Earl ought to be persevered with this season. There's something there, despite a horror show today.

If we're gonna have a mediocre season (which, let's face it, we are), we may as well blood him and give him the chance to learn from his mistakes. Better idea than sending him to L1, which some are suggesting.

I agree, he'll have some great moments and some bad moments but definitely adds some impetus.

Fisher and Earl have the potential to be a very good fullback pairing if they can sort their respective issues

So previous managers existed on rolling contracts, do we know the terms that AN is working to.
If he is only signed up for another 18 months at which point do we get him round the table to negotiate his next contract, would anybody be gutted if the club chose not to offer him anything past 2022.

Rafferty is no where near good enough either at defending or attacking.

Now come on Ron I didn’t say the improvement in some of the players wasn’t down to Neil I said it was a possibility it wasn’t all down to him , as for players attitudes it’s for him to sort out every team get injuries , Wasn’t the i Neil himself who said he doesn’t like loan players ,I also never said we should have a top six challenging squad , We cannot defend as it is yes with the players we have but we set up not to concede the first goal and if we do manage to score first it’s back to the wall defend corners with twelve men back at every corner so we’ve no outlet , we have conceded the most goals in the league or very close to it with our tactics yet you are happy for us to defend.
I know you will reply to this Ron you always want the last word fair enough, but we will differ on what we want our club and our manager to do . You have set out your views and I mine we might both be right on some points and wrong on others it is a forum and different views are what forums are for .

Now come on Ron I didn’t say the improvement in some of the players wasn’t down to Neil I said it was a possibility it wasn’t all down to him , as for players attitudes it’s for him to sort out every team get injuries , Wasn’t the i Neil himself who said he doesn’t like loan players ,I also never said we should have a top six challenging squad , We cannot defend as it is yes with the players we have but we set up not to concede the first goal and if we do manage to score first it’s back to the wall defend corners with twelve men back at every corner so we’ve no outlet , we have conceded the most goals in the league or very close to it with our tactics yet you are happy for us to defend.
I know you will reply to this Ron you always want the last word fair enough, but we will differ on what we want our club and our manager to do . You have set out your views and I mine we might both be right on some points and wrong on others it is a forum and different views are what forums are for .
11 men back not 12 😱😂

Ok so the improvement isn't possibly all down to him therefore the decline in other players isn't all down to him, it's works both ways Lenny.

Attitudes sometimes cannot be sorted out, look at Ravel Morrison at Man U, bags of talent but his attitude cost him a world class career and he had better man managers than Alex Neil to sort his attitude out, sometimes players do not listen.

Our first starting back 4 is Fisher, Bauer, Davies and Hughes and that back 4 has started 4 league games all season due to injuries and suspensions, that's why we have conceded so many due to not having our best players out there and no settled back 4. It's not the tactics it's the players at his disposal.

You're saying Neil should be getting more out of the players and squad which I take as results and points therefore we should be higher in the league if that's what you're saying, well higher in the league is getting closer and challenging the top 6, how is he meant to do that if he doesn't have a squad capable of that? Or do you believe we have a top 6 challenging squad? It's an either or answer there.

I want my club to be in the premier league and challenge for the top 6/top 2, it's not the manager that is hindering that as being top 12 months ago shows that, it's the players he has at his disposal and lack of backing by TH, something which is hopefully changing.

I remember going to Hull in Neils first season.

He was a different manager then, he had us playing high tempo, pressing football that was good to watch.

We won 2-1 in the last minute and after this Neil stated

"It was a great result. I thought over the piece we deserved to win the game.

"I had a real decision as to whether I bust the game open with an aggressive substitute or being happy with a point.

"I made the decision to go for the game and they rewarded me by winning the match - one sub creating the goal and one sub scoring the goal."

And for anyone who says we had a different team then.......

8 of the starting 11 are still here.

We had 15 goal attempts that night away from home

Nowadays we’re lucky if we have 7 or 8

Why the hell has Neil changed so drastically?

The football today is a million miles from back then, it’s fucking terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.