PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Should we loan out Bayliss?

We now have a lot of midfielders and a lot of quality. He is still treated like an 18 year old at PNE and he just isn't, he needs games. I'd loan him to a good league 1 club. Would shudder to look at a pecking order now but he isn't getting a game any time soon. This is a waste.

Agreed. Don’t need the rotation options quite as much now the schedule is more or less back to normal.

No. Look at what Ledson has become when everyone had written him off. Saturday aside when he was out of position his performances have been steady the last few games. Think he will come good given time
Unless DJ and Pearson leave this window the oppotunity to "come good" will be even more restricted that it was before January. The best way to develop is to play (Harrop being a prime example of how a player can be half way through their career and still be a kid in develoment terms due to lack of minutes on the pitch); bung him off on loan and get him experience

Unless DJ and Pearson leave this window the oppotunity to "come good" will be even more restricted that it was before January. The best way to develop is to play (Harrop being a prime example of how a player can be half way through their career and still be a kid in develoment terms due to lack of minutes on the pitch); bung him off on loan and get him experience
I doubt Pearo and DJ will still be here at the end of the window.

If they are then a half season loan would be practical

I doubt Pearo and DJ will still be here at the end of the window.

If they are then a half season loan would be practical
Depends if any interested clubs have on-field urgency to do a deal now rather than in the summer, and if it makes financial sense for the additional outlay given all that's going on in teh world and the knock on effect on teh business of football. I'm personnaly of the view I expect them more likely to move in the summer than now (based purely on my own presumtive reading of things rather than any inside info, admittedly), henc emy differing view on Bayliss, but the fact the manager is still bring in seemingly quality midfielders suggests he isn't looking/expecting Bayliss to break through at this stage

If DJ, Pearson and Harrop leave this window he’ll be needed as cover.

Too early to write Bayliss off yet anyway, he’s barely had any game time. Ledson is a prime example of being patient with a player until they get a chance to nail down a starting place.

No. Look at what Ledson has become when everyone had written him off. Saturday aside when he was out of position his performances have been steady the last few games. Think he will come good given time
I don't know if Ledson is the success story that proves the point. I think he has been quite bad for a while and wouldn't shed a tear if he left in some capacity either.

Still presents as rather tentative and struggling with physicality of the Championship. If the Manager thinks Bayliss is good enough, he stays at Deepdale, picking up first team minutes as Sub until we are safe from relegation when he gets some 90 minute gigs. If he still fails to impose himself then, presumably a long term loan elsewhere will be necessary.

We now have a lot of midfielders and a lot of quality. He is still treated like an 18 year old at PNE and he just isn't, he needs games. I'd loan him to a good league 1 club. Would shudder to look at a pecking order now but he isn't getting a game any time s

I think the lad struggles in terms of not having a clearly defined role in the team in the way a lot of our other midfielders do. I think he’d benefit from identifying his key strengths as a player and demonstrating how they can be useful for the side and that he can offer something others don’t.

I think the same applies to Harrop but he’s a slightly different case. His good qualities doesn’t really seem to be geared towards anything.