PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Harrop to Ipswich?

Won't get a chance to prove you wrong.AN seems to prefer playing the enigma that is Brad Potts and past his best Gally or even players who want away and won't re-sign. His goal/game ratio excellent for someone who rarely gets played in his favoured position. Come on Alex if DJ & Pearo don't want to play for PNE give the lad a chance before we lose yet another good un(Dolan)springs to mind.
Fair enough. Carter certainly had extended runs in the team whereas I cant remember Harrop being given a good run. What is his goal/games ratio?

Won't get a chance to prove you wrong.AN seems to prefer playing the enigma that is Brad Potts and past his best Gally or even players who want away and won't re-sign. His goal/game ratio excellent for someone who rarely gets played in his favoured position. Come on Alex if DJ & Pearo don't want to play for PNE give the lad a chance before we lose yet another good un(Dolan)springs to mind.
Harrop is not an 18 year old youth player, as much as he might look like one.

''Doesn't seem part of AN's long term plans''

How can you possibly know that?
Granted a the moment he doesn’t get much game time, again possibly we don’t know the full reason for that

But he has just signed not long ago, a contract extension, are you saying that was without the Managers knowledge or consent?
It called an opinion mate, of course I don’t bloody know it ffs

I'm not bothered where Harrop goes as long as its a fairly good Div 1 team...... where he can either prove he can do something OR prove he isnt up to mens football. I'm 50 50 on the outcome but he just flits about all over without doing much all too often.

HE could be a good 10 to replace DJ if we had forwards he could play off.....but so far we havent and he hasnt.

I'd probably loan out Adam Jack and Josh E too...... keep Raff as back up LB and let josh get more game time elsewhere ready for next season.

I'm not bothered where Harrop goes as long as its a fairly good Div 1 team...... where he can either prove he can do something OR prove he isnt up to mens football. I'm 50 50 on the outcome but he just flits about all over without doing much all too often.

HE could be a good 10 to replace DJ if we had forwards he could play off.....but so far we havent and he hasnt.

I'd probably loan out Adam Jack and Josh E too...... keep Raff as back up LB and let josh get more game time elsewhere ready for next season.
We can’t make the same mistake again leaving ourselves short at full back and having to rely on Rafferty.

Surely only if we sign another full back? We made that mistake last season and ended up having to play Ledson there!
Browne and Moulumby can both do RB.... Fish & Raff can both do LB.....

What I meant was no point loaning Raff and keeping Josh E on the bench.... better for us the other way round for next season.

no problem getting a new RB if thats the plan.....

Browne and Moulumby can both do RB.... Fish & Raff can both do LB.....
All out of their natural positions.
What I meant was no point loaning Raff and keeping Josh E on the bench.... better for us the other way round for next season.
From a player development perspective I understand what you’re saying but we have to put the team first. There is no point loaning someone out at the moment and leaving us one Hughes injury away from unbalancing the whole defence yet again.

Wants too long on the ball for a player his size and ability. If he is to succeed he’ll need to beef up.

Robinson and Johnson were the same. Both had decent ability but both were too easily brushed off the ball. Bulk up, work on ball retention and body position when he receives the ball. There’s a player in there somewhere but don’t think he’ll shine for AN

Andy Bays asked Neil about Harrop leaving this month, Neil said that he doesn’t like talking about players by name in the media, so won’t talk about him only to say that he’s had a private chat with some players about leaving.

Needs to go out and learn how to play men's football and influence a game. He's got capable technique, but with less than 100 professional appearances (many as sub) he's more akin to a 20 year old finding their way in the game than a 25 year old almost half way through their career.

Don’t think we’ll ever see Harrop’s true potential under AN, if Grayson hadn’t left just as Harrop was signing personally think things would’ve been different for Harrop. He’d certainly of had more games and more than likely played in a position that suits his game

Don’t think we’ll ever see Harrop’s true potential under AN, if Grayson hadn’t left just as Harrop was signing personally think things would’ve been different for Harrop. He’d certainly of had more games and more than likely played in a position that suits his game
Ahead of DJ, Browne or Robinson? I doubt it.

Last season was his chance to stake a claim down the left, between Robinson leaving & Sinclair joining.

Neil isn't to blame for him not being better than other players in the squad.

Ahead of DJ, Browne or Robinson? I doubt it.

Last season was his chance to stake a claim down the left, between Robinson leaving & Sinclair joining.

Neil isn't to blame for him not being better than other players in the squad.
Opinions as others have mentioned playing from the left isn’t his natural position, Browne didn’t play in a 10 under Grayson. Under Grayson we were able to change formations a lot more than under Neil, I’d argue Harrop is more technically gifted than others that have benefited from more games under Neil. Harrops main downfall under Neil is that he doesn’t track back as much as he’d like, I’d also throw in if we’re portioning blame Barkhuzen isn’t as good under Neil as he was under Grayson

Opinions as others have mentioned playing from the left isn’t his natural position, Browne didn’t play in a 10 under Grayson. Under Grayson we were able to change formations a lot more than under Neil, I’d argue Harrop is more technically gifted than others that have benefited from more games under Neil. Harrops main downfall under Neil is that he doesn’t track back as much as he’d like, I’d also throw in if we’re portioning blame Barkhuzen isn’t as good under Neil as he was under Grayson
Complete myth that, we've played a bunch of different systems this season, never mind ones before.

Grayson was much, much more rigid.

Harrop played wide left for United and has played wide left in the majority of games for us, there's just no way he was ever playing ahead of DJ and Browne that season when he hit double figures. The reason he hasn't played is because we've always had better players in front of him, plus a year-long injury.

Barkhuizen only made 12 starts under Grayson. He's also been one of our best players under Alex Neil.

If he's not making use of his ability often enough, he's not good enough. We can't afford to keep players who have 1 good game every 1/4 of a season.

Yeah, we've probably not seen him consistently enough playing large parts of games, but there's obviously a reason for that..... He rarely impresses when given the chance.

It's no use having someone who has decent /good ability on the ball, if he's not going to fight, battle, affect games, bust a gut for the shirt etc.. ..for example: like Maguire, Barky, DJ, Pearson, Browne do. - He just always looks weak and disinterested whenever I've seen him.

BPIG hit the nail on the head above 'he'd be a great 5 a side player'

2 completely different things.

I swear under Grayson we only ever played 442 or it’s similars

Anyone who can’t see how much Neil changes formation needs to try facing the pitch. Sometimes he changes it too much

I swear under Grayson we only ever played 442 or it’s similars

Anyone who can’t see how much Neil changes formation needs to try facing the pitch. Sometimes he changes it too much
tbf, it would be equally easy to write (with equal "accuracy"):

"I swear under Neil we only ever play 451 or it’s similars

"Anyone who couldn’t see how much Grayson changed formation needed to try facing the pitch. Sometimes he changed it too much."

🤷‍♂️