PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lots of clubs linked so probably agent talk. Interesting one though...
Agree looks agent led, as 3-4 clubs linked in one article.

We don’t need another midfielder anyway surely.

Agree looks agent led, as 3-4 clubs linked in one article.

We don’t need another midfielder anyway surely.
We don't need a CM I agree, good player though from what I've seen if him.

I'm just wondering if we have looked at him with one eye on the fact that Molumby is only here short term.

We don't need a CM I agree, good player though from what I've seen if him.

I'm just wondering if we have looked at him with one eye on the fact that Molumby is only here short term.
Maybe, although they’ve brought Molumby in this month to play. If he needs replacing they will do it in the summer, not 2 weeks after signing.

Hopefully there is some news about the defence soon. It’s still a bit makeshift at the moment and we lack depth. Bauer out, Davies probably leaving, Storey in desperate need of a loan move imo, and right back continues to be a problem position for us.

All true

All true - went to school with Steve. His Dad, Bill, used to take me and Borth on Deepdale for a couple of seasons around 1995/96. He wasn't much of a footballer though - he was the first player I ever saw get booked in junior football, given for about ten scything fouls on yours truly at Under 11s level.
Ah Steve Borthwick, I was about 3 years below him at high school. Fair to say he was a solid rugby player even back then!

Was there not someone on this forum who used to coach or know Kyle Dempsey? I'm sure it's been discussed a few times that we should have been in for him years ago.

I'm sure he's good mates with Potts too, seem to remember them being in the same Carlisle side together a few years back.

Was there not someone on this forum who used to coach or know Kyle Dempsey? I'm sure it's been discussed a few times that we should have been in for him years ago.

I'm sure he's good mates with Potts too, seem to remember them being in the same Carlisle side together a few years back.
From memory, I’m guessing Dazzler.

PNE looking for a technician with plumbing skills:

Could we be getting a phantom winger without being in the 25 man squad?

Ah Steve Borthwick, I was about 3 years below him at high school. Fair to say he was a solid rugby player even back then!
Bizarrely, until we got to the end of 4th Year, he wasn't anywhere near our best player. He seemed to sort himself out after that.

Lots of clubs linked so probably agent talk. Interesting one though...
I think we were linked with this lad when he was a kid at Fleetwood and he went elsewhere. Ended up in lower leagues

Still very little movement anywhere, especially in the Championship, with most gossip about loan moves.

Other goss seems to be agent inspired as they struggle to create interest for their clients.

I am still convinced that the vast majority of clubs are struggling to pay the bills and whether it’s the January window or Summer window there is going to be very little on the table.

Unless our 3 wannagoes have already got a deal signed and sealed I can see them struggling to get good deals elsewhere.

I think by summer there could be a lot of players looking for employment, virtually every club has an accountant or owner saying no dosh to spare.

Last day of this window will be very interesting.

He's only 17 years old, not adversed to the idea but difficult to think he'd cut it in the Championship and we don't have a great pathway to the first team once he moves beyond u-18s.
Dolan not much older and doing fine at Rovers. Plus this lad is already playing 1st team football albeit at a lower level. I genuinely think it is worth a look in this window before someone else steps in. The fact Brian Barry Murphy is their manager may work in our favour. Malumby is not our player and if DJ goes we will be short.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Storey, is he injured or not being selected etc?
After recent performances, he is probably just out of the squad ‘on merit’ so to speak.

He has struggled badly when called upon this season, and is seemingly now behind Hughes in the pecking order as a centre back.

Imo he could really do with a loan move to get regular games until his belt and build his confidence back up, but it would be hard for the club to sanction that unless we sign a couple of centre back in the next couple of weeks.

Dolan not much older and doing fine at Rovers. Plus this lad is already playing 1st team football albeit at a lower level. I genuinely think it is worth a look in this window before someone else steps in. The fact Brian Barry Murphy is their manager may work in our favour. Malumby is not our player and if DJ goes we will be short.
As I said, not against the idea, but it is a big step up.

I'd guess its very infrequently that a 17 year old is signed for the first team in the Championship though.

As I said, not against the idea, but it is a big step up.

I'd guess its very infrequently that a 17 year old is signed for the first team in the Championship though.
Rochdale had that young lad Matheson? Or something? Right back that got snapped up by Wolves I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.