PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stockley to Charlton - Loan - (Confirmed)

Because we have to take punts with not much money in the transfer market. When that happens, it's not guaranteed that they'll be better than what we've already got sadly.y

I'll ask again, who should Alex Neil be playing the likes of Harrop and Ginnelly instead of.
I don’t know, you tell me, you’re the forum genius.😉

You’ve missed the main point. The point I’ve been making about these players is IF they aren’t good enough, why have we signed them.

I’m not ITK but I’m pretty sure Stockley, Harrop and Ginnelly didn’t suddenly turn up at Deepdale and say ‘please will you sign me.’ You can’t blame any player wanting to improve themselves not to mention their bank account. It’s not just a few players that aren’t good enough at the moment.

To be fair, Stockley has had more than enough chances. You can’t honestly think he’s good enough for the Championship.

Harrop is a strange one, and definitely needs games. But our midfield is our strongest position.

Ginnelly... we’ve never seen him play. And he’s now in the Scottish Championship. Hope the lad does well but his loan move to Bristol Rovers wasn’t inspiring enough to stick him in the side.

To be fair, Stockley has had more than enough chances. You can’t honestly think he’s good enough for the Championship.

Harrop is a strange one, and definitely needs games. But our midfield is our strongest position.

Ginnelly... we’ve never seen him play. And he’s now in the Scottish Championship. Hope the lad does well but his loan move to Bristol Rovers wasn’t inspiring enough to stick him in the side.
I did say, if we want to get promoted from the Championship that Stockley isn’t good enough, However, if we’re content with just staying in the Championship he‘s a decent option.

That's clear then, you are happy to criticise the manager for not giving these players chances, but you can't even say yourself how you'd put them in the team.

And resorting to sarcasm and personal insults clearly reflects that.
No, I’ve got an opinion which every person is entitled to. I reverted to sarcasm because you always appear to criticise people that don’t share the same opinion as yourself.

I was talking about when Doyle went to Oldham in 2017. Folk wanted him back when he started scoring.

It has happened recently with Ginnelly. A couple of goals in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, folk asking if he should come back and why AN wasn’t playing him in the Championship.

The same will happen if Stockley starts scoring in L1, even though over a 2 year period he's shown he’s not up to it.

I mean, there were folk on here saying Horgan was now a different player after Wycombe’s game at Deepdale. 0 goals and 1 assist in 23 Championship games this season.

I just don’t understand the infatuation with mediocre players who have left the club. Good luck to them and all that but they aren’t here because they’ve made little to no impact.

We didn’t resign Doyle though did we because we knew he couldn’t cut it.

You are completely missing the point, it is not being said that Harrop or Ginnelly shouldn’t have been signed they were the type that were wanted but they aren’t up to standard.

The point being we sign players that we do not need at the time a la Bayliss and we sign players that wether they are good enough or not dont fit into Neil’s requirements a la Stockley.

What I am saying is that if we require a player to play in a certain way We should be signing someone who fits the bill because there is no point signing someone just for the sake of it.

You are completely missing the point, it is not being said that Harrop or Ginnelly shouldn’t have been signed they were the type that were wanted but they aren’t up to standard.

The point being we sign players that we do not need at the time a la Bayliss and we sign players that wether they are good enough or not dont fit into Neil’s requirements a la Stockley.

What I am saying is that if we require a player to play in a certain way We should be signing someone who fits the bill because there is no point signing someone just for the sake of it.
Last summer and this Jan have shown a change in direction.

I wasn’t happy with the one signing in summer but at least we didn’t sign anyone punts.

Jury still out on Evans, I suppose - but at least it’s only a loan.

It was a replacement for Hugill that was required if we were going to stick to the way Neil wants us to play, Hugill could play with his back to goal.

Neil could have signed a player that was in this style, of course because of the budget he was under he wouldn’t have been as good, but at least he would have fit into his game plan.
Moult is good with his back to goal to be fair, just perma-injured.

No, I’ve got an opinion which every person is entitled to. I reverted to sarcasm because you always appear to criticise people that don’t share the same opinion as yourself.
Where did I criticise you for having an opinion ? You’re perfectly entitled to think what you do, I’ve never questioned that.

I was debating normally with you, which is what happens on football forums.

You didn’t respond to a particular point I made and then deflected from that by insulting me and trying to paint me as the bad guy. If anyone has resorted to criticising other posters, rather than engaging in the opinions and debate, it is yourself.

Last summer and this Jan have shown a change in direction.

I wasn’t happy with the one signing in summer but at least we didn’t sign anyone punts.

Jury still out on Evans, I suppose - but at least it’s only a loan.

This is good and we can only hope that we can keep it up.

I know we didn’t, and I’m glad we didn’t. That wasn’t the point I was making. I was talking about fan opinions regarding these not good enough players when they leave.
I’m not missing the point, I have been banging this drum for years.

We should always be looking to sign players who suit our system, that hasn’t always happened for various reasons. However it isn’t really down to the manager. Regarding the example of Stockley, he identified numerous mobile target men like Moore before we worked our way down the list to someone like Stockley.

Budgetary constraints and interference from above like the Nugent signing lead to signings coming in that aren’t particularly suitable. At the moment it seems we are doing a bit better.