PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the club have let full backs slide down their list this month then they need to re-assess that judgement urgently.

At right back, we have an erratic Fisher who is out of contract this year, and Rafferty who every game he plays looks more and more out of his depth at this level. He is a liability and imho should have been sent off for that challenge today as he didn’t make any attempt to win the ball, just like vs Blackburn. Desperate stuff.

At left back, Hughes is limited and clearly not someone we can get 40+ games out of a season. Whenever Hughes is missing Earl seems to be injured every time as well, and he has had his defensive struggles too.

Desperately need full backs. Obvs need a centre back but we also need someone who can dribble past someone. Next few games will be against teams sitting back, and nobody bar Riis can really do that

If we wanted a decent RB why did we not try for Billy Jones who recently went back to Crewe on loan, He is still only 32

A lot of experience at this level and higher, did a very good job here before
It would have been an option for a couple of years
Relatively Cheap (always a plus at this Club now)
And definitely an improvement on what we have

Desperately need full backs. Obvs need a centre back but we also need someone who can dribble past someone. Next few games will be against teams sitting back, and nobody bar Riis can really do that
Not sure Riis has shown the ability to beat a man tbh. He's got the speed to get onto deep passes into space, but not gonna get that against teams sitting deep.

Expect Evans to start in that situation.

A word on Ben Davies, was excellent again today alongside Hunts. He is going to be a huge miss when he leaves.

Honestly I thought both Hunts and Davies have had much better games recently. In the second half Joao was notably pulling on to Davies and was bringing the ball down almost uncontested.

Hunts had a few shaky touches here and there. But as is often the case, he starts and we just dont seem to concede

Not sure Riis has shown the ability to beat a man tbh. He's got the speed to get onto deep passes into space, but not gonna get that against teams sitting deep.

Expect Evans to start in that situation.
Sorry, he’s got quick feet which allows him to take a defender on one-on-one. In the vein that nobody else, Barky Potts and Sinclair, are particularly able to do

Not suggesting he could blitz past them, but he is definitely the most likely to beat someone

If we wanted a decent RB why did we not try for Billy Jones who recently went back to Crewe on loan, He is still only 32

Browney doing a fine job at rb. He is our most creative full back by a country mile and good defensively

Guess Fisher is out of here if he's just getting benched.

Wonder if he'll be used in a swop deal for another lower end championship RB who's in last 6 months of deal.

Browney doing a fine job at rb. He is our most creative full back by a country mile and good defensively
He's a Mid Fielder
Filling In
Billy Jones knows that position, played there or LB all his playing life
For me at least it would have been a no brainer

He's a Mid Fielder
Filling In
Billy Jones knows that position, played there or LB all his playing life
For me at least it would have been a no brainer
Hope you’re not suggesting we should have signed Jones?
He’s been useless for years now

Hope you’re not suggesting we should have signed Jones?
He’s been useless for years now

That’s exactly what he’s doing

Trying to put this as nicely as possible because I love him as a player, but he does strike me as a bit of a weirdo. The bollock tickling influence doesn't help his case here.

Come to think of it, had he ever been on press duty? Think I can recall an interview with pretty much every single player except for him.
How have you got the impression he’s a weirdo just from watching him play football🤷🏻‍♂️

What does it matter if he hasn’t done press duty?

Not sure if he has but again, it means nothing to me if he hasn’t.

That said, from My point of view, it looks as if his services are no longer required With what Neil said last week about not playing players who won’t be here next season🤷🏻‍♂️

Who knows though

Honestly I thought both Hunts and Davies have had much better games recently. In the second half Joao was notably pulling on to Davies and was bringing the ball down almost uncontested.

Hunts had a few shaky touches here and there. But as is often the case, he starts and we just dont seem to concede
A major reason why we have only conceded 5 in the last 7 games

Obviously we need another CB for pure numbers but a good wide player to start at home is just as important imo.

Should go all out for that Tyler Roberts.

Status
Not open for further replies.