PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m off to bed.

Busy day tomorrow catching up on work I should have been doing today.

Iverson,Whiteman and Molumby look decent Mate

Definitely not replaced Davies with today’s signings.

Fisher not replaced.

Stockley replaced with a striker that won’t play.

Nugent not replaced.

Ridsdale said we’d be just as strong if not stronger.....

He was lying again😏
Two centre backs clearly replace Davies and bauer.
Nugent! Why would we replace a player who isn't playing.
Evans is the head scratcher .
Other than that, all positive.

Negative.

We don't sign anybody, negative.

We only sign a couple, should have signed more.

We don't sign any loans. Should have loans.

We sign loads of loans. Too many loans.

We sign more players. They are all shit.

Young players. Aren't proven.

Just fuck off and give them all a chance.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This and then some!!!

Can see it now Gordon & Sinclair on the wings crossing for Riis to score. Molumby, Whiteman and Johnson bossing the midfield. Browne & Cunningham up and down the lines supporting the midfield and attackers. Huntington & Lindsay or Berg Towering at the back and Iversen the Cat in the goal. What is there not to like ?
(I might just change my optimism in a fortnight!!)

Last edited:
Can see it now Gordon & Sinclair on the wings crossing for Riis to score. Molumby, Whiteman and Johnson bossing the midfield. Browne & Cunningham up and down the lines supporting the midfield and attackers. Huntington & Lindsay or Berg Towering at the back and Iversen the Cat in the goal. What is there not to like ?
(I might just change my optimism in a fortnight!!)
Can I have a pint of what you're on?

Terrible window for me, what the hell are we doing with all these loans? Obviously we are going nowhere again this season so we should just rebuild and give it another shot next year. How the hell can we do that now? The nucleus of our starting 11 from now till April isnt even ours and then its a massive rebuild in the summer. I have zero faith with our owner and management, this seasons probably fucked and now next season we will have problems from the off.

Ridsdale will say 'oh we get criticised we don't use the loan market; now the loan market everyone is moaning'

Yeah Peter it's because you loan molumby iversen and Gordon sign whiteman when you've got Davies Pearson and fisher secured and got rid of all the shite you have accumulated over the years in our squad.

The squad has a bit of a sticking plaster feel to it with the 7 loans - probably magnified by the fact we've had a very stable squad for the last few years (to the point of going stale).
Some strange deals both in and out but some good short term signings. Should have enough to be alright this season.
Massive rebuild in the summer.

Summer is going to be exciting.

Can't wait.

Genuinely.
Should be some good calibre players available in summer too. ‘Big’ clubs not able to pay wages & need players to leave etc. Also seems like quite a few OOC players we’ve been linked with in the past...
Folk complaining about so many loans, but look at the window generally. I’d say 80% if not more have been loan deals, it’s just the climate we’re in. I’m glad we’ve kept our powder dry til summer, would have been more pissed off if we’d done what has happened in the past & signed players on long term contracts before without knowing their ability at this level. We’ve tried to sign Molumby permanently, but Brighton not having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.