PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Iconic moments (mostly goals)

Just been thinking about last 20 odd years and some goals that stand out for what they meant at that moment in time. Ones that made you go proper crazy

not many in last 5 years....

beckfords hatrick Wembley
Beckford half way line v Swindon
Garner chest and volley.v Rotherham
Rankine vs brum play off semi
Macken half way line vs man city
Nogans brace v arsenal
Nugent vs Leeds play off semi
Nugent vs Crystal Palace dribbled the whole pitch
Fuller dribbling whole pitch vs Burnley 5-3
Jacko 1-0 vs Wigan away
Tom Clarke 1-0 away blackpool
Mcgeady free kick vs brum

There’s many more but I don’t want to hog it
Post your faves

Mooney against Mansfield after having his head bandaged, Ellis with his third at Bloomfield after Briggs had assaulted him, Skilful Bob at Hartlepool, John Thomas against Wrexham in the re election season., Worthington against Wolves.

More than 20 years ago but I’m using the career of Cliff Richard as my starting point.

Mcgeadys equaliser at Ewood, you just knew that would be the goal that sent them down. Epic.

Michael Holt dragging it wide from 5 feet out in an appalling 0-0 home draw with Rotherham

(Or, his last minute equaliser v Spurs)

Battering Cardiff 6-0, followed by Ross Wallace's free kick against Birmingham, followed by St Ledgers winner against QPR to put us in playoffs by 1 goal.

Some absolutely belting games and memories.

Battering Cardiff 6-0, followed by Ross Wallace's free kick against Birmingham, followed by St Ledgers winner against QPR to put us in playoffs by 1 goal.

Shout out to McKenna's screamer against Brum too.

Roy Tunks twatting Franny Burns after a defensive cock up that almost cost us promotion and forced us to rely on Dai Davies performing miracles a few days later.

Roy Tunks twatting Franny Burns after a defensive cock up that almost cost us promotion and forced us to rely on Dai Davies performing miracles a few days later.

If you’re having that I’ll have Ryan Kidd running back into the pitch after getting sent off to batter a Carlisle player.

I‘ve just remembered Lee Fowler’s last minute goal at Bradford in the cup when Big Sam thought it was a good idea to play himself up front.

Tony Ellis, 0-1 at Carlisle

They absolutely battered us for 90 mins, missed a pen i think and then we scored

Absolute robbery and gloriously hilarious!

Also 0-2 at Carlisle , Russ Wilcox beauty in FA Cup, beamed live back to Deepdale on jumbotron!

Mad that all those moments occurred within two months of each other, maybe less. Under Alan fucking Irvine as well.

Nugent goal in 2-0 win against Derby in first leg of play-offs, ‘05.

If you’re having that I’ll have Ryan Kidd running back into the pitch after getting sent off to batter a Carlisle player.

I‘ve just remembered Lee Fowler’s last minute goal at Bradford in the cup when Big Sam thought it was a good idea to play himself up front.
I was there at Bradford. Great days despite the fact we were shit.

McGeady's mazy run v Brum at Deepdale Feb 2017.

Geoff Wrightsons goal from the half way line v Scarborough (I think it was Scarborough).

Barry Sidall v Port Vale 😲

The Saville & Wilko hatricks v Mansfield.