PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Getting to your last 'read' post on threads in the News section

Muzza

Patron
Hi JK/mods,

For some reason, just in the News section, when you click on a thread title it takes you straight to page 1 instead of your last read post. All the other sections are fine. Is there an issue?

Thanks, Muzza.

IT often does that when you click on the thread title Muzza. But if you look to the right of the thread title it says 'yesterday at 11pm' or 'today at 9.56am' etc and that it how you usually get to the latest post.

IT often does that when you click on the thread title Muzza. But if you look to the right of the thread title it says 'yesterday at 11pm' or 'today at 9.56am' etc and that it how you usually get to the latest post.
Ta for the tip. It's never happened to me before though, every time I click on the thread title normally (and on all the other sections) it takes me to the last post that I had read.

It should normally only do that if you've already looked at the thread or a post, i.e. if you follow a notification then that overrides your "last seen" state in my experience but will have a tinker

I was wondering that. Appears under every posters username, but I’m guessing not under your own.

Edit. Just realised what it is. A patron can pay to upgrade a non patron to patron status. Can’t see it being overly used to be honest 😳

I was wondering that. Appears under every posters username, but I’m guessing not under your own.

Edit. Just realised what it is. A patron can pay to upgrade a non patron to patron status. Can’t see it being overly used to be honest 😳
Me neither. Nice idea but don’t think it will last. Just cluttering up the screen.

Me neither. Nice idea but don’t think it will last. Just cluttering up the screen.

It has already actually been used and its only been live for an hour.

I am always conscious not to clutter screens but the option only appears on landscape or on desktops (not on portrait) like many other features to keep mobile browsing simpler.

It has already actually been used and its only been live for an hour.

I am always conscious not to clutter screens but the option only appears on landscape or on desktops (not on portrait) like many other features to keep mobile browsing simpler.

It doesn’t bother me in the slightest but on the Ipad it’s there in Safari in both landscape and portrait.

It doesn’t bother me in the slightest but on the Ipad it’s there in Safari in both landscape and portrait.

Ah must be an android thing then. Some settings are impossible to change on IOS as apple as a pain up the backside for non apple official licensed software.