PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Get Appleton before Bristol City do

No way Hemmings would pay compo for any manager (except the 50p he had to chuck Stevenage's way).

This. Fair dues that Appleton and Moore are probably the most sensible suggestions should Neil go but the club won't pay for either of them after paying off Neil. Who is available unemployed?

I just hope Whoopi is right and we could sell it to Pearson. He's a hard bloke to manage though and speaks his mind, not something the club have had since Davies and they said they would 'never go back' to that (ie. Being told how it is). I think Hemmings would scoff at the suggestion of someone who tells him he is doing plenty incorrectly.

Potentially, anyone's available.
It all depends on how attractive we are as a club and how much Mr. Hemmings is willing to shell out in compensation, salary and transfers because plenty of potential managers I'm sure would want some guarantees on budget.

I imagine that would be a one way conversation, "You'll get what you're given, lad and be grateful. Your back garden is a fair size, you could fit a couple of houses in there."

Id be up
OOC: Cook, Pearson, Wagner

Contracted, but popular suggestions: Appleton, Moore, Ainsworth (please no)
id be up for Wagner, doubt we would get him. But, a bit of a continental change could be welcome at pne

Would be interesting anyway

Annoyingly, the change would prob do Al Neil good, and he would end up taking a team to the play offs, maybe up and become a top manager at another club

Always seems the way!

Wagner took Huddersfield up with negative goal difference so I wouldn't expect that ride to be exciting... Bear in mind we thrashed them at deepdale that year too

I think whoever comes in will struggle to do any worse than AN. I think its quite clear we’re ready for a new direction. Nobody can argue that our football has been largely awful to watch and hugely ineffective.
Im sick of turning the game because I cant bare to watch. Thommo is highly rated, surely he should be given a chance to see what he can do?

No thanks. People think Neil has a dour demeanour, Pearson makes him look like coco the clown.
Couldn't give a shit about the demeanour of a manager.

A dour manager is "honest" and "tells it how it is" when he's winning, and "miserable" or "couldn't motivate his way out of a paper bag" when he's losing. People on here loved Neil for his demeanour when we were doing well.

An upbeat manager is "inspiring" and "a breath of fresh air" when we're winning. But he's "clueless" or "full of shit" when he's losing.

We fans will always find a reason to complain. Neil being a miserable bastard isn't why we're failing. The man could be Ned Flanders on speed and we'd still have the same issues.

OOC: Cook, Pearson, Wagner

Contracted, but popular suggestions: Appleton, Moore, Ainsworth (please no)

That's about the rub of it. I think like Levy did with Potch, when someone better gets fired, Neil becomes more sackable. Have an idea where we are going before becoming rudderless. I just don't think TH will want to pay for a manager.

I think whoever comes in will struggle to do any worse than AN. I think its quite clear we’re ready for a new direction. Nobody can argue that our football has been largely awful to watch and hugely ineffective.
Im sick of turning the game because I cant bare to watch. Thommo is highly rated, surely he should be given a chance to see what he can do?

Who at this level, with our budget is playing good football right now? Literally the lowest scoring Championship of all time this season.