PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not certain where I stand on this one.
Give me the high tempo, pass to feet, in your face, get at the opposition tactics that AN used to use and he stays.
But the worrying about every opponent. Hoof and chase is dull and frustrating.
We have some damned good players who are exciting to watch but they are stiffled.
I understand the need to manage some games and defend from the front. When we are pressing and harrying then it is a solid part of our team.
I am deeply concerned by our home form. This certainly needs to be addressed.
I genuinely don't think that AN knows his best team or formation at the moment.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. He’s got the golden excuse of loosing the spine of the team in January, bedding in new players, blah blah. Partly which he could blame on PR and TH for letting contracts run down.

Ultimately, I know it’ll be TH’s decision but I think he’ll stay until the end of the season. Rebuild and see what happens next season, if it continues like this I can see us looking for a replacement.. (plus we’d be into his rolling contract - cheaper to pot?)
He does seem to have the knack of pulling a huge result when he looks dead and buried, but a defeat on Wednesday and we start to look in trouble.

I certainly wouldn’t trust Neil if we got dragged into a relegation battle, for the reasons you mentioned he’d start to deflect responsibly and play the blame game which he already has done to some extent.

We need an upturn in form immediately before we can think about reassessing in summer.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. He’s got the golden excuse of loosing the spine of the team in January, bedding in new players, blah blah. Partly which he could blame on PR and TH for letting contracts run down.

Ultimately, I know it’ll be TH’s decision but I think he’ll stay until the end of the season. Rebuild and see what happens next season, if it continues like this I can see us looking for a replacement.. (plus we’d be into his rolling contract - cheaper to pot?)

^^^This^^^

Even if we started sliding towards the relegation zone I'm not convinced TH would push the panic button as by that point we'd be running out of games to get someone in to turn it around.

I do think how we do between now & the end of the season will make Trev's mind up as to how he wants to play it next season.

Having said that I just don't think he wants to pay him off unless he has to though.

Fortunately it's on sky tomorrow so don't have to decide if I waste £10

Same applies to me but not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Even my missus says "I don't know why you bother, all you do is sit there & shout at the TV" & I'm beginning to think she's right.

I think he loses next few his job becomes untenable. Fans will be back in stadium by September and there's no way he'd still be here if the results and performance was the same. I feel PR and TH are not daft as obviously it will have a dramatic effect on possible season ticket sales so I think when a new manager is brought in is very important in terms of next season.last thing they want is sack AN and new manager have a poor start now and then fans apathetic for next season. So my opinion is they will sack AN end of season and then fans be enthusiastic about New manager next season.

^^^This^^^

Even if we started sliding towards the relegation zone I'm not convinced TH would push the panic button as by that point we'd be running out of games to get someone in to turn it around.

I do think how we do between now & the end of the season will make Trev's mind up as to how he wants to play it next season.

Having said that I just don't think he wants to pay him off unless he has to though.
I’m pretty convinced Hemmings would press the button. Seeing what happened to the fire sale of players Charlton had to do - and salary caps in Div 1 etc. Ridsdale referred to this in his last interview. I listened to that remark thinking AN was in borrowed time if our position slips further. - which it has

I reckon he's got 2 games.

Has to win both, otherwise, it's untenable. However, no idea who comes in and makes a difference if that happens.

I reckon he's got 2 games.

Has to win both, otherwise, it's untenable. However, no idea who comes in and makes a difference if that happens.

Well given that he is still here now then he presumably has at least one game left.

Well given that he is still here now then he presumably has at least one game left.
Monday morning, back at work. Might well get called into the advisors office for a serious discussion.
We can only wait and see how it all plays out

I’m pretty convinced Hemmings would press the button. Seeing what happened to the fire sale of players Charlton had to do - and salary caps in Div 1 etc. Ridsdale referred to this in his last interview. I listened to that remark thinking AN was in borrowed time if our position slips further. - which it has

Relegation would be a catastrophe for TH & I think this would be pretty much the only reason he would get rid of him.

Difficult balancing act though in terms of when it would happen should we start to slide.

Monday morning, back at work. Might well get called into the advisors office for a serious discussion.
We can only wait and see how it all plays out

As I recall both CB and AI were dismissed before the week-end was out though PB got potted on a weekday. So as you say we just have to wait and see. But whatever it is all fairly dismal.

On lancs live AN talks about almost starting again in terms of the squad. Yes and then we start again at the beginning of next season when our loans return to their respective clubs. This is panning out how I thought it would. Its mindless nonsense from top to bottom, we could have been developing our own perm signings but we’re helping out other clubs giving THEIR players game time then returning them at the end of the season. Gordon, Molumby, Iverson are not our future. You can add SVDB, Lindsay and Evans to that list also.
We will be regrouping in league one at this rate!

AN out!

It's a shit show, but that's a club decision, not a managerial one. Trev clearly has his eye on the free agency market in the summer, hence this sticking plaster approach to fixing the squad for the second half of this season.

I’ve probably exaggerated it a little because it really annoyed me and I was already seething at the general amount of incompetence and lack of urgency - but Gordon was running at speed towards the Cardiff area and Evans just ran, very slowly, alongside him and then actually got in his way.

Gordon had to wave him away quite forcibly because a highly experienced forward was getting in the way of a teenager, the teenager knowing a site more about the runs a forward should be making than a bloke with hundreds of games under the belt.
A bit harsh on Evans is that for one misdemeanour in a game
When Potts is on the pitch he simply gets in the way of just about everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.