PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shit show, but that's a club decision, not a managerial one. Trev clearly has his eye on the free agency market in the summer, hence this sticking plaster approach to fixing the squad for the second half of this season.

That's as maybe but it doesn't absolve AN from blame.

Agree it doesn't make it any easier for him if that is the case but at the end of the day the buck stops with the manager.

It's up to him to get the best out of what he has & he's failing to do that consistently.

That's as maybe but it doesn't absolve AN from blame.

Agree it doesn't make it any easier for him if that is the case but at the end of the day the buck stops with the manager.

It's up to him to get the best out of what he has & he's failing to do that consistently.

Its not trying to absolve him from all responsibility. Just blame the right people for the right problems.

This situation was easily predictable months ago: the best players would be sold, for next to nothing, and not adequately replaced, meaning the 2021/22 season would be spent battling relegation.

In fact, things could turn out even worse - we could struggle to stay up this season if things don't improve fast.

Everyone on here was around during the re-election season.

Everyone on here is a middle aged, brexity, thick, miserable bastard.

Thank fuck it isn't representative of all of our fans. You're all fucking mental.

And so it goes on.

Weird how some people have bought into this narrative about the forum. 🤔

It's such a precarious position that we are in. Currently 10 above the relegation places (wednesday have a game in hand so could be 7.) Then you look at our next run of games. Qpr, Huddersfield, milwall and Bournemouth. Don't know about you guys but i don't see anything from those games apart from maybe a point nicked at Millwall. Potentially 1 point from 12.

I know it's ifs, buts and maybes. But by next saturday we could really really be in the shite. I suppose my question is do we pull the trigger now or wait and see what happens in say the next 4?

A minimum 4 points from the next two games for me, so lose Wednesday and Trevor needs to act . In fact surprised he didn’t go after Saturday. He’s definitely lost the majority of the fans but there again , Trevor doesn’t seem to care about us .

Would he keen on others thoughts on this

Iversen - top 6 champ

Browne - mid table rb
Hunts - mid table
Lindsay - mid table
Cunningham - mid table

Whiteman - league 1 stepping up
Molumby - top 6 team
Ledson - mid table

Sinclair - top 6 champ
Evans - league 1 stepping up
Gordon - top 6 champ/lower prem

I think that is a relatively fair evaluation of our players, when you look at that, he is underachieving as I think we should be around 9/10th based on my rough evaluation there.

in a nutshell he is underachieving slightly but the dire football makes it much much worse.

I do feel like if we were playing fast and flowing football but were in a similar position then we might not be annoyed with the current regime

Would he keen on others thoughts on this

Iversen - top 6 champ

Browne - mid table rb
Hunts - mid table
Lindsay - mid table
Cunningham - mid table

Whiteman - league 1 stepping up
Molumby - top 6 team
Ledson - mid table

Sinclair - top 6 champ
Evans - league 1 stepping up
Gordon - top 6 champ/lower prem

I think that is a relatively fair evaluation of our players, when you look at that, he is underachieving as I think we should be around 9/10th based on my rough evaluation there.

in a nutshell he is underachieving slightly but the dire football makes it much much worse.

I do feel like if we were playing fast and flowing football but were in a similar position then we might not be annoyed with the current regime
Don’t entirely disagree with any of your individual player assessments but what you haven’t mentioned is that 7 of the 11 players you have listed there only joined the club last month.

They were never all going to click straight away, we can’t judge what is essentially a new team after a few weeks.

We should be better than we are, given the new players, and the passage of time. But we're got progressively worse. I don't think this is related to losing Pearson, as we've coped without him. It could be related to losing Fisher and Davies, but even so, we aren't attacking well, we lack ideas and now confidence.

I ask this, does Alex know what the problem is?

We could do all that and he's still not coming back. Either he's involved in Everton's team next year, or theyre looking to send him to one of the top teams in the division.

Tammy Abraham didnt go back to Bristol, Harvey Barnes didnt go back to Barnsley, Harry Wilson didnt go back to Hull. All moved to better teams the next season to play along side better players.

If you saw some of Gordon's facial expressions on Tuesday, he obviously thinks the players he is playing with are complete shite. He looked almost dumbfounded at points (Barky's miss, Evans' nearly running into him) at the standard of player around him.

Some of their fans have said he'll be an England international

Their academy / Under 23s set up is supposed to be one of the best in the country

Frankly I was surprised that Preston got him

We’re wasting Gordon, because we haven’t got out ship set up. We’ve clearly taken on a lot of change and the staff can’t cope or haven’t had the time to organise it, coupled with the championship being so demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.