PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Referee thread

Got the basics right and allowed the game to flow. Wasn't any major decisions to make which perhaps helps people's opinions but always in control of the game and appeared to know what was going on. Well apart from towards the end when QPR had a corner and two players on iversen and he had a go at the captain for pushing even though he was on the front post.

Decent performance from Darren England tonight I thought. Let the game flow. Streets ahead of other over officiating we have had in recent games.
Fair play to you for recognising this
it’s all too easy to comment on the rubbish ref and how he spoiled the game and not acknowledge when a ref is seen and not heard 😏😏😏

I'm usually one to pan referees but thought Darren England had a good game tonight. Allowed the game to flow and hardly noticed him.

Last edited:
Decent apart from needlessly stopping the game for a non-existent head injury.

Even though though he shouldn’t really be criticised for that.

Even though it was right in front of him.

Best we have had in a good few weeks. Could have given penalties to either side but saw both shouts for what they were. I thought he let the game flow not once did I feel the need to shout at the telly at him.

I might be wrong, but i dont think we have ever lost with him reffing one of our games either. Shame we can't have him every week.

It’s good to give the referee some credit.... they are not all attention seeking duffers.