PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Former PNE Players Thread

Paul Coutts and Tom Clarke are putting a decent spine together at Salford, who are 4th in the 4th Division and 3 points behind the automatic promotion places.
Darren Ferguson and Michael Appleton both in the top 3 in League One with Posh and Lincoln City.
(But let's stick with Peter Ridsdale and Trevor Hemmings, and their master plan at Deepdale).

Paul, nobody wants to see Salford promoted. A nothing city, full of bellends, and a club ran by a guy who thinks he is some of judge, jury and executioner on everything. Sacking Alexander after a half decent start, so that he won't be there for the delayed EFL Trophy final. Paying massive wages. Supporting the bailout because it benefitted both Man Utd and Salford but barely any other clubs in between.

I hope they finish 8th by a point and do so for the next 27 seasons. Seeing them capitulate last night to Morecambe was beautiful.

I hope they finish 8th by a point and do so for the next 27 seasons. Seeing them capitulate last night to Morecambe was beautiful.
Good win for the Shrimps was that, Derek Adams is doing a cracking job. The Morecambe fans aren't too impressed with ex PNE man, Ben Pringle. In fact he barely plays.

Wayne Brown has taken over at Colchester, wasn't he the fella who got into a bit of trouble after revealing he was a BNP supporter?

Indeed he was. Nigel Pearson basically sacked him at Leicester. He didn't just 'reveal' that he supported the BNP, but apparently boasted about it, in a mixed race dressing room and when challenged, went into a racially abusive rant about how ethnic minorities were 'killing the country'.

I wasn't happy when we signed him and wrote to Maurice Lindsay to complain. In fairness, he quickly replied, claiming he was unaware of Brown's background and was totally against racism. He also pointed out that some of his (Lindsay's) closest friends, like Jason Robinson, were black and that Darren Ferguson was married to 'a black lady'!

Anyway, as it happened, Brown was pretty awful and thankfully didn't stay long.

Like a few others that we signed, he played well against us but did very little when we signed him. If I remember correctly though, Grayson often played him out of position - on the right or centrally.
I think Neil took a look at him when he took over as manager but only played in a couple of friendlies.
Kyle Reid is another example of a player who was signed after a good performance against us as was Eoin Doyle.
To be fair Doyle is prolific in league 2 and reasonable in league 1. Championship a step too far.

I think Neil took a look at him when he took over as manager but only played in a couple of friendlies.
Kyle Reid is another example of a player who was signed after a good performance against us as was Eoin Doyle.
To be fair Doyle is prolific in league 2 and reasonable in league 1. Championship a step too far.
we should never have signed Doyle permanently after his poor season on loan