PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wycombe Wanderers v PNE - 13/03/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Won’t be a popular opinion but I like the way Wycombe play! They get the ball forward quickly yeh but once in the final third they are composed and creative. Good on set pieces - playing to their strengths.

Fair play to them - Championship just a step too far for them this time round

I think Neil has confused himself with his own tactics. Now appears unable to set up a defence,
or attack
At least Ainsworth has a recognisable game plan. I certainly don’t recognise ours.

Maguire still on

200w.webp

Neil out yeah yeah yeah

When are those who think he's the issue gonna point the finger at some of our spineless players and the advisor who's shifted us?

I do agree that the owner has to take a big responsibility - not bringing in players or replacing ones that were sold.

I think up till around January I thought Neil was doing a good job with the resources available. I thought give him till the end of Jan and see what he could do with the 8 new players. Then we lose to Rothertham, Millwall, watford, get battered by Cardiff. The worrying thing isn't the results it's the performances. And to be fair I'm embarrassed that we are top for most long balls forward - I think that's disgusting to be fair.

However:

we have broken our transfer record,
he wanted ched evans,
we brought in a sought after young player in Gordan and Iverson then he chooses not to play him,
We break our wage ceiling to sign sinclair and get DJ and Browne to sign new contracts,
We have lost 18 games this season - to put things in perspective - charlton only lost 4 more last season and went down.
We are getting dominated by bottom side Wycombe.

He's been backed now and he can't say otherwise. His constant moaning is irritating. There are certain things you keep behind closed doors not winge to the media like a little bitch. And if he isn't that happy he should just leave and go. If I was working for someone and I wasn't happy then I would leave also.

To be fair it wouldn't surprise me if we lose today he goes.

The players - yes maybe they should take responsibility but playing long balls forward isn't players choice it's clearly tactical.

I’m going to say right now that those substitutions appear to be awful. I can see the sense in making changes...but not those players. I hope these words are shoved down my throat by all and sundry come the end of the match.

I'm gonna defend the forward and Johnson, they've really had some incredibly shite service and credit to Wycombe they defend which is what we are not doing. Soft soft team at the moment
My issue with Evans isn’t going forward, he’s had no chance there, it’s defending set pieces. He’s been a liability there.

Players need to show more enthusiasm also, too many early and late goals in matches