PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Referee watch

He wasn't given much choice to be fair to him. His assistant calls him over and points out that Browne lashed out at a player (which he did). Straight red.

The other guy should have gone too but Browne isn't 17. Should know better.

He wasn't given much choice to be fair to him. His assistant calls him over and points out that Browne lashed out at a player (which he did). Straight red.

The other guy should have gone too but Browne isn't 17. Should know better.

So what's his excuse for the absolute piss poor decision to give west brom that penalty, where the player clearly dived! which won them the game the other year?

So what's his excuse for the absolute piss poor decision to give west brom that penalty, where the player clearly dived! which won them the game the other year?

I'm not making excuses for him. If your official tells you their was violent conduct (and there was) you have no choice though. Browne just needs keep a calm head and get him back after.

To be fair at first glance it looked a pen from the town end, the ref looking from a similar angle could have thought their was contact. The blame should go to Austin for the dive more than anything.

It was a poor decision given the whole moment. But sums up where we are that our captain and manager are sent off. This is a shambles now.

He was dreadful. He gift wrapped that game for Boro.

Not for me. Neil's team selection was wrong, Storey's mistake an unfortunate one and Browne needs to act his age. The ref has his back turned to the event when it happened so he has to take the fourth's word. Why he doesn't mention the Boro player to the ref I have no idea.

I've reffed, trust me, it's tough going. Petitions to get rid of people are pathetic.

Not for me. Neil's team selection was wrong, Storey's mistake an unfortunate one and Browne needs to act his age. The ref has his back turned to the event when it happened so he has to take the fourth's word. Why he doesn't mention the Boro player to the ref I have no idea.

I've reffed, trust me, it's tough going. Petitions to get rid of people are pathetic.
Am I right in thinking that because the assistant saw the incident (but not the referee) no retrospective action can be taken against Morsy?

Makes the decision even worse

If you were at the game I think you'd be going nuts at how unjust the decision was

To be fair at first glance it looked a pen from the town end, the ref looking from a similar angle could have thought their was contact. The blame should go to Austin for the dive more than anything.
It did to me from the Finney as well. You just hope that the referee on the pitch who is supposed to be mega experienced and be in a good position makes the right call. Suppose we've been unlucky to be on the end of 2 contentious decisions by him.

Am I right in thinking that because the assistant saw the incident (but not the referee) no retrospective action can be taken against Morsy?
The referee cannot say he saw it because to do so would be tantamount to admitting he doesn‘t know the laws of the game - so his match report will surely not mention the punch. The same for the assistant, he can’t say the assistant told him about it because it was a clear red card offence.

I was on the Town End with the same angle as the ref and it was patently obvious that the West Brom player deliberately ran into Rudd after he pushed the ball too far, it was a terrible decision. Apart from the red card he was poor tonight, missed several obvious fouls on our players and couldn’t wait to give Boro free kicks. Couldn’t even get his timekeeping right.

I was on the Town End with the same angle as the ref and it was patently obvious that the West Brom player deliberately ran into Rudd after he pushed the ball too far, it was a terrible decision. Apart from the red card he was poor tonight, missed several obvious fouls on our players and couldn’t wait to give Boro free kicks. Couldn’t even get his timekeeping right.
No decent referee should be 'anxious' to give anybody anything. Why should they have an axe to grind?

I'm not making excuses for him. If your official tells you their was violent conduct (and there was) you have no choice though. Browne just needs keep a calm head and get him back after.

Is that really what happened? Did the ref see none of 2 (some say 3) hits from Morsy - nor Browne's pretty tame reaction? Yeah... no fault from the ref then!

I don't put much blame on Browne. Sure, he shouldn't have done what he did... but that was quite some provocation. It's not like he has a big history for this sort of reaction - and is probably indicative of stress and unhappiness in the camp.

Didn’t see the incident at the time but after watching a replay it’s a definite red card for Browne.

Morsy gives him a forearm On the back of the head as he’s landing and he probably should have gone as well.

Daft decision by Browne but the stick he was getting on here from some was fucking ridiculous.

Notice Warnock took Morsy off at half time which was a clear indication that he was by no means innocent despite " not having seen it" comments to the press after the game. He knew precisely what had gone on and was lucky that both didn't walk. Brett Ormerod commented that Morsy's reputation preceded him regarding dirty play and winding people up when he was at Wigan.
When things aren't going for you, these situations like the sliced own goal make things worse sadl.
I can't wait for this season to end!!