PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Cycling

I knew yesterday was going to be a good (brutal) stage but bloody hell!! What a ride from Hugh. Buzzing for the lad.

Hugh Carthy can time trial.

This is going to be a fantastic end to the Vuelta this week. We've been treated to three fantastic Grand Tours this year.

Hugh Carthy can time trial.

This is going to be a fantastic end to the Vuelta this week. We've been treated to three fantastic Grand Tours this year.
just had a look at the overall standings, Carthy is 47 seconds down, Roglic has 32 more bonus seconds than Carthy, if they got rid of the bonus seconds there'd only be 15 seconds separating the top 3

surprise winner at Milan san Remo today in Jasper Stuyven, but 300km in just over 6h 30m is ridiculous speeds!

reading reports that Roubaix is in doubt again due to France going back into lockdown, really hope they can get it on this year, by far the best monument of the season and looking forward to seeing the first womens race

surprise winner at Milan san Remo today in Jasper Stuyven, but 300km in just over 6h 30m is ridiculous speeds!

reading reports that Roubaix is in doubt again due to France going back into lockdown, really hope they can get it on this year, by far the best monument of the season and looking forward to seeing the first womens race
Loved watching today, cracking finish.
Fingers crossed Paris Roubaix happens.

UCI says there is a slot in October if it can't happen in April. Fingers crossed for April and rain!

Quarter of the week he’s got big balls hasn’t he he’s taking the piss - Tom Pidcock on Wout Van Aert 😂🤣

No one can compete with Pogacar, he's going to smash all the records in the tour if he stays clear of injury, 7 stage wins already and 2 GCs (soon to be 3) and he's still only 23

2 UAE riders tested positive for covid, Pogacar has obviously been in close contact to them over the last few days but tested negative, this could have a huge impact on the GC

I’m not arsed about road cycling. Too much Lycra and leg shaving for me. But I do enjoy the Downhill mountain biking. People cycling down a mountain at high speed against the clock - probably one of the most dangerous sports there is. The latest World Cup event from Switzerland is on Red bull tv at the weekend if anyone is interested.
Downhill at speeds of around 60mph wearing nothing but lycra with the risk of coming off is pretty sketchy!

2 UAE riders tested positive for covid, Pogacar has obviously been in close contact to them over the last few days but tested negative, this could have a huge impact on the GC
🤞🏻I don’t wish anyone ill but for anyone to win this TDF it’s gonna be crashes or COVID-19 and as we know pogacar basically never crashes and if he does he doesn’t even break his skin so anything that’ll get Thomas/Yates/Pidcock closer to a tour win yeah I’ve got my fingers crossed

Yessssss he his human the robot ran outta oil TDF is ALIVE!!!
The loss of key team mates made the difference today, Jumbo got that tactically perfect today, didn't expect the gap to be so big at the end though, think the gap is big enough for Jumbo to defend that to Paris now

I still think pogacar will win what with a few monster mountain stages left and more importantly that late long 40km ITT that’ll suit pogacar and maybe Thomas down to the ground but I’m just glad it’s opened up the race.