PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Trevor's next big decision..

Sadly it's not making a positive appointment at relegated threatened PNEFC, but what tie to wear at the up and coming Grand National meeting at Aintree where his true passion of training race horses to compete at the highest level and winning. Please sell the club.

I really dont get this grudge against his owning horses. :rolleyes:
Sadly it's not making a positive appointment at relegated threatened PNEFC, but what tie to wear at the up and coming Grand National meeting at Aintree where his true passion of training race horses to compete at the highest level and winning. Please sell the club.

He's spent over £117m of his / his companies money on PNE since 2010.

Substantially more than his investments in the horse racing industry that's for sure.

Finding a backer that is going to subsidise the club to the tune of over £13m like last year (£6m in share issues and an extension of £7.7m in interest-free loans) is like searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or an individual that is a cross between a Billionaire and Father Christmas.

In other words, almost impossible.

The club lost £300,000 a week last season. I'm not Hemmings biggest fan but christ be careful what we wish for.

He invests a lot of time and money on his passion, he owns our football club for his own business interests, and leaves it floundering year on year, no plan, no passion, no nothing. Sell it Trevor and leave us to start again. The sad thing is he won't sell it because it suits his own business model plan. INGOLtraining ground scandal, nicely swept under the carpet etc.

He invests a lot of time and money on his passion, he owns our football club for his own business interests, and leaves it floundering year on year, no plan, no passion, no nothing. Sell it Trevor and leave us to start again. The sad thing is he won't sell it because it suits his own business model plan. INGOLtraining ground scandal, nicely swept under the carpet etc.
Conjecture.

@Deepdaledan makes a good point. Listen to the latest From the Finney podcast, and then come back on here and post your views when you‘re better informed.

He's spent over £117m of his / his companies money on PNE since 2010.

Substantially more than his investments in the horse racing industry that's for sure.

Finding a backer that is going to subsidise the club to the tune of over £13m like last year (£6m in share issues and an extension of £7.7m in interest-free loans) is like searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or an individual that is a cross between a Billionaire and Father Christmas.

In other words, almost impossible.

The club lost £300,000 a week last season. I'm not Hemmings biggest fan but christ be careful what we wish for.
Absolutely. I know for an absolute fact that Mr Hemmings is, and has always been, a supporter of the club and I cannot understand were the idea comes from that he doesn’t love the club. Disagree with how he runs the clubs maybe, want him to spend more money maybe (you’d be being unfair but you’re allowed to do so) but he absolutely does love the club. Somebody on Twitter was slagging him off yesterday for never going on the games. He’s nearly always there, I corrected him (not something I normally do) but was ignored.

As an aside, I also have a membership at Old Trafford. I’m going to go away and chastise myself for not donating that money towards our overpaid primary donnas benevolent fund.

As an aside, Cloth Cap is as big a favourite as you’ll ever see for The National. Mr Hemmings and his trainers have played a blinder with him, he was as big as around 66-1 for a time but now he’s 5-1. He’s a fantastic horse.

Last edited:
He supports £300,000 worth of losses a week for his own business interests?

I've heard it all now

“He leaves it floundering”Without Hemmings investment the club would go bust. How is that “leaving It floundering”?

Its the magic tax money tree. By losing money on PNE you can gain even more back in tax advantages elsewhere. Or sommat....

People seem to be of the impression he's being taxed at over 100%...
tbf, TH - and PNE's ultimate parent company - are located in an offshore tax haven, so I don't think the tax angle has much mileage where TH is concerned.

The fact is, he owns the business, so he owns the bills - whereas fans are prospective customers that TH has to attract with an appealing product worth their time and money; not treat as cash cows whose support can be taken for granted.

TH is putting a lot of money into PNE each week, and yet we're doing worse and worse on the field.

It seems most of that money is being wasted on poor investments and bad projects.

Does that still make us a "well-run club", as some people still claim?

Who's advising TH to spend his money on these things?

It's difficult to criticise someone who consistently foots the bill for a failing business.
However, he is at the top of this failing business model, and I find it absolutely baffling how he's happy to cover the losses every year, and continue to muddle along without trying to change things and make the club more self sustainable. We are so behind the curve in every aspect of the football club it's frightening.
I do think he's being taken for a ride by his so called advisor, who to me seems to be using the club as a vehicle to pursue his own football manager fantasies.