PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lancashire Cricket 2021

pbc373

Patron
Thought we should have a thread for the upcoming season which starts today with a 2 day friendly against Essex.

Couple of decent signings made overnight, Finn is an interesting one considering Davies has done a decent job, don't know too much about him. Bird a bit of a stalwart but has had a reasonable Sheffield Shield season so not finished yet. Yesterdays announcement of Shreyas was an exciting one as discussed on the white ball thread.

It's at Chelmsford where it's a balmy 13 degrees.

Mahmood managed to get rid of Sir Alistair in his first over, since then Essex have gone to 74-1 at lunch. Believe it or not there is a live stream to the game. It's a weak looking Lancashire line up

Essex currently have someone at the crease called A Player, thought that only happened in football with A Triallist

Thought we should have a thread for the upcoming season which starts today with a 2 day friendly against Essex.

Couple of decent signings made overnight, Finn is an interesting one considering Davies has done a decent job, don't know too much about him. Bird a bit of a stalwart but has had a reasonable Sheffield Shield season so not finished yet. Yesterdays announcement of Shreyas was an exciting one as discussed on the white ball thread.

This system where teams can sign someone for a few weeks is a joke IMO. Very nice to sign this lad... but "For the One-Day Cup" only. It makes a mockery and should not be allowed.

Essex currently have someone at the crease called A Player, thought that only happened in football with A Triallist
I think he's South African, he's related to the golfer, Gary. 😀😀

Joking aside, it's too cold for cricket.

Finn Allen was signed last week, just for the T20, and is only a very occasional keeper. He hasn’t played many games but his record is simply stupendous.

This is some catch by young Lavelle, he’s very highly rated and he’s took a few similar blinders.

No Gleeson for the first half of the season, hence Jackson Bird being signed. He signed last week as well and hit a run a ball half century in the Sheffield Shield along with 7 for less than 20 - signing for the greatest club in the world has inspired him!

Saqib Mahmood got Cook twice in 1 day, they were all out for 120 and are batting again until close, we‘ll bat all day tomorrow. If he stays fit, I think this is his season.

Saqib Mahmood got Cook twice in 1 day, they were all out for 120 and are batting again until close, we‘ll bat all day tomorrow. If he stays fit, I think this is his season.
I hope you haven't jinxed him. Noticed he retired not out 2 after 3 balls. I get Vilas retiring on 79, but Saqib retiring to give Hurt and Morley a knock for the last few overs seems odd. First ton of the season goes to Rob Jones

I hope you haven't jinxed him. Noticed he retired not out 2 after 3 balls. I get Vilas retiring on 79, but Saqib retiring to give Hurt and Morley a knock for the last few overs seems odd. First ton of the season goes to Rob Jones
I've been trying to find out what happened because I noticed that earlier. He was apparently hit on the head, obviously not nice but hopefully not too serious.

Lancs v Derby in a Friendly....

Derby 176 all out

Someone called Jack Blatherwick got two wickets ( I have never heard of him, but he sounds Lancastrian )

What a great side that 1972 side was - i can rhyme it off without having to check any google searches :

Wood
Lloyd
Pilling
Lloyd ( CH )
Hayes
Engineer
Hughes
Simmons
Lee
Lever
Shuttleworth

You can also throw Ken Snellgrove and John Sullivan into the mix as fringe players....

Last edited:
What a great side that 1972 side was - i can rhyme it off without having to check any google searches :

Wood
Lloyd
Pilling
Lloyd ( CH )
Hayes
Engineer
Hughes
Simmons
Lee
Lever
Shuttleworth

You can also throw Ken Snellgrove and John Sullivan into the mix as fringe players....
The first live game that i went to as a 12 year old Lancashire Fan was Lancashire v Kent in the 1972 Gillette cup semi final...

The game was rain interrupted and Kent had to come back the following day needing 48 to win off 12 overs with about 6 wickets left..... they didnt make it !!

How times have changed...............

Wood
Lloyd
Pilling
Lloyd ( CH )
Hayes
Engineer
Hughes
Simmons
Lee
Lever
Shuttleworth
Indeed, a great side, especially in the one day format. Nowadays, the purists would turn their nose up at the long tail, well, 9,10,11 and Big Jack's lack of mobility when fielding.

Indeed, a great side, especially in the one day format. Nowadays, the purists would turn their nose up at the long tail, well, 9,10,11 and Big Jack's lack of mobility when fielding.
Spot on Janie.... You cant imagine big Jack diving "Chris Jordan like" on the boundary to take a stunning catch