PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

MLB 2021

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
Patron
Not long to go now before the season opener on 1 Apr. Thought I'd kick off the thread with some key news, which is that the A's will be fielding two teams in the MLB this year.....one, as traditional, in the AL West, but the other as a new team now playing in the AL East, though that team will still play under the name of the Toronto Blue Jays.

Not long to go now before the season opener on 1 Apr. Thought I'd kick off the thread with some key news, which is that the A's will be fielding two teams in the MLB this year.....one, as traditional, in the AL West, but the other as a new team now playing in the AL East, though that team will still play under the name of the Toronto Blue Jays.
Have the Jays picked up some A’s players then?

Is this broadcast live in UK anywhere?
BT sport tend to show a US daytime game or two during the season in the UK evening, but this rotates between all the teams/leagues so if you follow one team they won’t be on often. I think you can get subscriptions through mlb or other websites to watch all games.

The bet365 app shows all the games so that’s how I tend to watch.

Is this broadcast live in UK anywhere?
I subscribe to MLB.com. About £100 for the season which gets you all 2000 odd games. If you follow a certain team then it's a bargain as each team plays 160 games so the math is easy!

BT sport tend to show a US daytime game or two during the season in the UK evening, but this rotates between all the teams/leagues so if you follow one team they won’t be on often. I think you can get subscriptions through mlb or other websites to watch all games.

The bet365 app shows all the games so that’s how I tend to watch.
Surely the Bet365 app doesn't show all the games for free?

Surely the Bet365 app doesn't show all the games for free?
I think so. Last few years I have watched them on that. I do have a bet365 account which I put £20 in a few years back. I only use it for placing occasional football bets so I don’t think there is a ‘minimum usage’ amount to be able to watch either

I think so. Last few years I have watched them on that. I do have a bet365 account which I put £20 in a few years back. I only use it for placing occasional football bets so I don’t think there is a ‘minimum usage’ amount to be able to watch either
Hmmm....I may have to look into that. Is there commentary?

Young Snot has been remarkably shy and retiring on this thread thus far. That, one must presume, is due to guilt :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

😂😂

I have only just noticed this. Just because we signed your MVP and snatched (I think) a couple of Bean's wunderkinder you have it in for the Jays 😂?

As the Jays will not be playing in Canada for a while yet, I haven't actually followed very closely. In fact, the only baseball news I have is that Hank Aaron has passed away.

Not wishing to derail your thread so early but I thought this might be of interest (terrible, terrible commentary - I'm glad I didn't watch and listen).

Hmmm....I may have to look into that. Is there commentary?
Yes it seems like the normal tv coverage, think fox sports covers the Brewers games so they have the same local commentators for the home games. It just goes blank for the adverts.

I tend to watch on my phone full screen but on a laptop I think it might restrict the size of the screen you can see, so it may not work so well if you have it hooked up to the tv. Not sure about an iPad.

They don’t have all the spring training games, but I’ve been watching the regular season games through it since 2017

Yes it seems like the normal tv coverage, think fox sports covers the Brewers games so they have the same local commentators for the home games. It just goes blank for the adverts.

I tend to watch on my phone full screen but on a laptop I think it might restrict the size of the screen you can see, so it may not work so well if you have it hooked up to the tv. Not sure about an iPad.

They don’t have all the spring training games, but I’ve been watching the regular season games through it since 2017
I presume you can't follow one team's games though? I couldn't choose to watch the A's every day?

It's opening day!!!!!

Here's a selection of fixtures (please add to it if your team not featured).

Cheats v A's
Twins v Brewers
O's v Red Sox
A's Reserves v Yankees

Fwiw - George Springer is injured.

C'est la vie - there's always next year 😂

You think the people of Montreal would buy in to a half season share of a team?

Oh yes, right now they'd bite your hand off for MLB back in the city in any shape or form. The reception the Jays were getting for pre-season exhibition games was fantastic. I have no idea why there is no AAA, AA, or A minor league team there (at least I don't see one).