PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

Aitch

Patron
From the BBC gossip page

Preston North End and Derby County are interested in Luton Town striker James Collins, 30, with the Republic of Ireland international also in demand in the United States. (Telegraph)

I’ve been called out on Twitter by Luton fans for questioning the interest in Collins.

My issue isn’t the player himself but more why we need another experienced, older head striker when we have Evans.

What we need is something different. A pacy, on the shoulder sort of striker as a different option to Riis and Evans.

If this happens then I'd guess Evans isn't being offered another contract. Do we want to of that type of player ?

From the BBC gossip page

Preston North End and Derby County are interested in Luton Town striker James Collins, 30, with the Republic of Ireland international also in demand in the United States. (Telegraph)
We need to get James Beet on the case......

Wouldn’t be the worse signings....
Be honest Ando, do you know much about either of them other than Collins has scored against us

Collins has scored 7 goals all season. 4 of them came against us, 3 of those in 1 game. Bradley offers almost nothing that Lindsey doesn’t (wasn’t in the Luton team that beat us)

Moult will go so we will probably have room to add another striker even if Evans extends his contract.

Collins has done really well at this level in the last couple of years but not sure we need another experienced target man if we‘re keeping Evans.

We need pace.

Moult will go so we will probably have room to add another striker even if Evans extends his contract.

Collins has done really well at this level in the last couple of years but not sure we need another experienced target man if we‘re keeping Evans.

We need pace.

Classic nobbers, out done by Peterborough United who secured their Toney replacement and has now scored 25 goals this season

Classic nobbers, out done by Peterborough United who secured their Toney replacement and has now scored 25 goals this season

I'm convinced the best scouting method for forwards is to let Posh identify their target and then come in and gazump them. They never seem to miss. They seem to turn any striker into a 30 goal a season machine.