PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

That Trump fella.

Yeah, definitely the preferable of the two but it was said repeatedly it was a case of the least bad option.

There is a reason they are no longer classed as a full democracy

I really don't see it that way. You've got a somewhat senile man in charge of the free world, and a press that barely even covers it. In fact, they continually praise him, although he's been seen about 3 times in 3 months.

But is it because he stole the vote 🤣?!

It's insane that he is talking about running again in 4 years. I'd be amazed if he sees the midterms

He simply HAS to say that at this stage. That’s one ring skyAus got right - he’s be ripped to shreds if he said he’d be standing down - a lame duck.

I really don't see it that way. You've got a somewhat senile man in charge of the free world, and a press that barely even covers it. In fact, they continually praise him, although he's been seen about 3 times in 3 months.

But is it because he stole the vote 🤣?!
Biden isn't senile, not yet at least. I despise most of his politics and there are question marks about him as a person but Trump was literally dangerous.

Still don't get this argument, and we were having it pre election.

How?
Sorry STF - it’s bloody obvious to me - and all recorded in this thread. I’m not up for repeating what is, to me, blatantly obvious.

You only need look at the power-crazed, self-indulgence of Trump when he lost to get just one of many clues. He was happy to destroy the country rather than accept defeat.

Biden isn't senile, not yet at least. I despise most of his politics and there are question marks about him as a person but Trump was literally dangerous.

Unfortunately, I've watched 2 loved ones pass away with dementia. Biden really reminds me of my Grandad who'd need to take several trips to the garage freezer for soup. The sentence structure is very similar.

Literally dangerous? Who's more likely to lead the US into a new war?

Sorry STF - it’s bloody obvious to me - and all recorded in this thread. I’m not up for repeating what is, to me, blatantly obvious.

You only need look at the power-crazed, self-indulgence of Trump when he lost to get just one of many clues. He was happy to destroy the country rather than accept defeat.

Fair enough Reg.

I'm a fan of living in reality, however. Reality no longer exists in US political journalism. Just a narrative.

At least with Trump, there was an endless barrage of scrutiny, but there was scrutiny.

Unfortunately, I've watched 2 loved ones pass away with dementia. Biden really reminds me of my Grandad who'd need to take several trips to the garage freezer for soup. The sentence structure is very similar.

Biden. Trump was doing his best to trigger a civil war and over throw democracy.

He did more damage for race relations and civil rights than every president over the last 50 years combined.

His foreign policy wasn't the worst but domestically the man was more dangerous than any western leader in my lifetime

Fair enough Reg.
I'm a fan of living in reality, however. Reality no longer exists in US political journalism. Just a narrative.

At least with Trump, there was an endless barrage of scrutiny, but there was scrutiny.
I think we need to qualify that and say that you like living in your own perception of reality!

Endless barrage of scrutiny for Trump? Really? There was certainly a lot of ‘noise’. But the guy literally threw out journalists who crossed him. Destroyed people as he has done throughout his career. He let how many of his closest aides go to jail in order to protect him in investigations? Was it 10?

Refused to engage with enquiries etc. First President in forever to keep his taxes hidden. I am sure there is much to add to the list of ways he evaded scrutiny.

Biden? I am guessing with this bit now - but I am not surprised if the political press pack are collectively drawing breath. And also not surprised if all new regimes get a softer time when they first come to power - before there is a catalogue of their actions to delve into.

I think we need to qualify that and say that you like living in your own perception of reality!

Endless barrage of scrutiny for Trump? Really? There was certainly a lot of ‘noise’. But the guy literally threw out journalists who crossed him. Destroyed people as he has done throughout his career. He let how many of his closest aides go to jail in order to protect him in investigations? Was it 10?

Refused to engage with enquiries etc. First President in forever to keep his taxes hidden. I am sure there is much to add to the list of ways he evaded scrutiny.

Biden? I am guessing with this bit now - but I am not surprised if the political press pack are collectively drawing breath. And also not surprised if all new regimes get a softer time when they first come to power - before there is a catalogue of their actions to delve into.

If you can't see the vast difference in the way the media has gone after Trump from day 1 and the way it has portrayed Biden from day 1 then I have no words.

I would also not be shocked to find that Joe is on such an unfortunate path - and I even implied that in the months leading up to the election-

But I retracted it with tail between legs when I found that a lot of his hesitation and awkwardness was down to him controlling his stammer. And also that many videos had been very carefully manipulated to extend hesitations and to falsely portray certain events and mannerisms as other signs of dementia.

I would also not be shocked to find that Joe is on such an unfortunate path - and I even implied that in the months leading up to the election-

But I retracted it with tail between legs when I found that a lot of his hesitation and awkwardness was down to him controlling his stammer. And also that many videos had been very carefully manipulated to extend hesitations and to falsely portray certain events and mannerisms as other signs of dementia.

That's completely understandable.

However, all videos I've seen of Biden from 1990-2010 he has never struggled to communicate to this degree.

Having had a stammer as a child myself, I can certainly say there's not the level of embarrassment you would expect to see after an episode.

If you can't see the vast difference in the way the media has gone after Trump from day 1 and the way it has portrayed Biden from day 1 then I have no words.

What on earth....? My last post pretty much said that the media is giving the new incumbent an easier time at this stage!!!!

Anyway, Trump was a narcissistic, psychotic megalomaniac- who demonstratively lied, imprisoned children, literally put to death more people on death row than any President in history* - generally picking on controversial cases involving black people with questionable convictions. Organised an insurrection. I could go on.

He desperately besmirched Biden - with outrageous and farcical claims of massive voter fraud. Etc etc

And you wonder why Trump maybe got a bit more heat from the journalists?! I have no (more) words

What on earth....? My last post pretty much said that the media is giving the new incumbent an easier time at this stage!!!!

Anyway, Trump was a narcissistic, psychotic megalomaniac- who demonstratively lied, imprisoned children, literally put to death more people on death row than any President in history* - generally picking on controversial cases involving black people with questionable convictions. Organised an insurrection. I could go on.

He desperately besmirched Biden - with outrageous and farcical claims of massive voter fraud. Etc etc

And you wonder why Trump maybe got a bit more heat from the journalists?! I have no (more) words
Trump made an enemy at almost every juncture. They were all out to get him and with good reason. I've watched You've been trumped and the follow up a few times, his behaviour towards ordinary and vulnerable folk was just dispicable.

Personally, I would not have voted for either of them if I was American - I refuse to vote for the least worst. Third party/independent, for me.

Agree with you about this - who was worse is a matter of perspective. From here, there is a strong argument that Trump was less likely to kick off a conflict in the East Med/Ukraine than Biden. making him less awful. They are a pair of horrors, though.

The only ones soliciting election fraud were Trump and his cronies - “I just need you to find me 11,000 votes”.

Be patient and you could see him (and them) facing prosecution for those well-documented acts.
Be patient and you might see mom back in the White House in 2025!