PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best Butter Pies in Preston.

They LOVE pies over here (and sausage rolls), but apart from obviously there not being a chance of a butter pie, you won't even get anything close to our style of meat and potato either. Meat pie is standard (beef in gravy) which is eaten with tommy k (which I find wrong, gravy and tommy k doesn't work for me). But most pie places have a plethora of flavours. Beef, cheese and bacon is a favourite. There's a vegan pie shop round the corner from me called Funky Pies which is really good, even as a meat eater, they do a solid pie/mash/peas/gravy combo. Yum, getting hungry now!

Also, if you don't eat a pie straight out of your hand... forget about it!

Tommy K? Call out his name.....

Decided to pop into Higginsons in Grange over Sands, en route back from Ulverston, this afternoon.

There were no “pork only” pies left☹️

I was left with a choice of Pork, Apple and Black Pudding Pie or Pork and Chili Jam Pie.

Choosing which one to have proved to be quite a challenge. In the interests of fairness, I had one of each!

Bloody delicious!😋

Decided to pop into Higginsons in Grange over Sands, en route back from Ulverston, this afternoon.

I was left with a choice of Pork, Apple and Black Pudding Pie or Pork and Chili Jam Pie.

Choosing which one to have proved to be quite a challenge. In the interests of fairness, I had one of each!

Bloody delicious!😋
It has to be done .......

Bloody delicious!😋
Is that the big big shop across from The Post Office?

Lovely golden glazed crusts.

Bloody delicious!😋

Ulverston? Grange-over-Sands?

I prefer the chippy in Arnside (y)

"That's another fine mess!"

Or walk over the hill from grange drop down into Cartmel and stop off for a bit of sticky toffee pudding at the village shop.

I've done the hill over the top of Cartmel. Once, ashamedly, when having an affair with a good friend. 😊

My favourite part of the Cumbrian coast though is up at Nethertown. It's going to be my first trip out once I've had my second jab. A day return on the train to Nethertown and then a lovely peaceful walk along the beach to Braystones. It's such a lovely peace and quietful place. You have it all to yourself. And the residents in the seaside properties always have a friendly chat with you.

I've done the hill over the top of Cartmel. Once, ashamedly, when having an affair with a good friend. 😊

My favourite part of the Cumbrian coast though is up at Nethertown. It's going to be my first trip out once I've had my second jab. A day return on the train to Nethertown and then a lovely peaceful walk along the beach to Braystones. It's such a lovely peace and quietful place. You have it all to yourself. And the residents in the seaside properties always have a friendly chat with you.
Thanks I'll have a look there when we can travel again. Stunning views across the bay.

Bloody delicious!😋
You need to get there in the Morning if you can giro, couple of pies and sit on the Benches at the Church overlooking the Bay.

My wife and i have driven all the way to Arnside from Euxton just to have a Chippy tea on a Sunday ( 2 or 3 times )

Just a 92 mile round trip.................

I used to live off Cadley Causeway between the ages of 8 and 21 so Gallighans was my “ go to “ pie shop..... they were lovely !!
I lived in the butchers shop at the end of Cadley causeway/woodplumton rd. Every Friday was Galligans pies wrapped in tissue paper. They were absolutely lovely!

I get cold shivers when I think about that butchers......

In 1969 we were playing Chelsea in the FA Cup replay at Stamford Bridge.....

It was a midweek game , afternoon kick off.

When I arrived at the butchers the big clock on the wall said that it was 4-41pm.... PNE were leading 1-0

By 4-43pm we were 2-1 down - the game finished at 4-44pm

Oliver actually said ‘here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into’. He never actually said the oft quoted fine mess, although there was a film called ‘Another Fine Mess’.