PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE and Racism.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
173331327_1741816902667293_3560166130070783208_n.jpg

Stuff has been referred to the police. Blimey, there'll be a few folk nervously awaiting a knock on their door.

Posturing pisses me right off........... Provide the evidence and prosecute. If they have then fair enough but that release suggests that they are wiping their hands of it and passing the buck..You will always find " a small number " of any fuckwits at any event. That's life I'm afraid but not inherent which that big vocal blag might suggest.. In my 40 years North End has never been a basis for racism. Never !

Last edited:
Posturing pisses me right off........... Provide the evidence and prosecute. If they have then fair enough but that suggests that they are wiping their hands of it and passing the buck..You will always find " a small number " of any fuckwits at any event. That's life I'm afraid but not inherent which that big vocal blag might suggest.. In my 40 years North End has never been a basis for racism. Never !
Don't play the numbers game. One person doing it is too many.
Find the fuckwits and get them sorted out early, before the hard of thinking start to join in.
The excuse for racism is usually "that's life" or "it's just banter"

Don't play the numbers game. One person doing it is too many.
Find the fuckwits and get them sorted out early, before the hard of thinking start to join in.
The excuse for racism is usually "that's life" or "it's just banter"

Are you agreeing with me or telling me off for laughing at the club?.... Our lot can't even promote a game properly let alone get involved with politics and social issues. There's a huge difference between " doing the right thing " and " making the right noises ". And that's what winds me up Simon

Posturing pisses me right off........... Provide the evidence and prosecute. If they have then fair enough but that suggests that they are wiping their hands of it and passing the buck..You will always find " a small number " of any fuckwits at any event. That's life I'm afraid but not inherent which that big vocal blag might suggest.. In my 40 years North End has never been a basis for racism. Never !
Reading between the lines the club have received complaints and rightly passed them on to the Police whose job it is to investigate and prosecute any offence committed.
What your perception is of the last 40 years is utterly irrelevant to this situation. If an offence has been committed in the here and now it needs to be dealt with by prosecution if appropriate.

Racist posts on social media begets more racist abuse. The morons are seemingly encouraged by the media coverage.

We're no nearer to eradicating racism in football and society than we have ever been.
If there were more prosecutions and people realised their chance of getting caught was very high it would (or should) act as a deterrent.

Reading between the lines the club have received complaints and rightly passed them on to the Police whose job it is to investigate and prosecute any offence committed.
What your perception is of the last 40 years is utterly irrelevant to this situation. If an offence has been committed in the here and now it needs to be dealt with by prosecution if appropriate.

But you're just stating the obvious.....The club have made a big statement ( fair comment ) and then passed it on. " leave us alone and ring the police "................

Something has been written and the club making a statement does not happen lightly.
Hope whichever pond life is responsible is/are identified and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Also hope that the person or persons responsible do not classify themselves as nobbers.

Posturing pisses me right off........... Provide the evidence and prosecute. If they have then fair enough but that release suggests that they are wiping their hands of it and passing the buck..You will always find " a small number " of any fuckwits at any event. That's life I'm afraid but not inherent which that big vocal blag might suggest.. In my 40 years North End has never been a basis for racism. Never !

Habib Sisoko probably disagrees with you.