PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Season Tickets 21/22

Me too. I know there are lots of "issues", but I can't imagine not going to Deepdale next season. It's been too long watching soul-less footy, no fans, on the telly. And, the ST income is pretty important. I know, PNE have their troubles and we have our moans. The recruitment policy may be questionable, the leadership at the club may be questionable, the players themselves may be questionable. But, I don't want to have to "choose" the games I go to, worry about getting a ticket for any "big games", concern myself over getting play-off tickets. I'm sure there will be plenty on this forum who tell me those worries won't be necessary next year. I don't care. This is MY club, I've supported them for 45+ years, I've watched them apply for re-election to the old Division 4, I've stood on the Fulwood End next to the barriers stopping me from going to the condemned part of that stand. I've watched crap games, exciting games. I've stood and watched the crane lifting that huge girder into the TF Stand. I've watched Moyesey run down the touchline to throw his hat at Teppi Moilanen in sheer frustration. I've laughed at Westley, walking out with his coffee mug before a game. I've shared drinks in the Sumners, packed out on Boxing Day, my Lord, the sheer joy of football on a Bank Holiday! I've seen great players and dreadful players. I've been THE ONE those players have applauded at the end of a great game, and I've been in total unison with all those around me, cheering them back. I've been to all the play-off finals (except the one we actually won 'cos we are away on holiday, typical!) and had great days out in Cardiff, pints in hand sharing football talk with fans from Bolton and West Ham. I've seen some wonderful goals and experienced high and low emotions. I've shouted at the players when they're not "fit to wear the shirt" and I've cheered them to the rafters when they are.

Am I giving up on them now, just because we're going through another tough period? Not a b****y chance. I can't wait to be back.

As I said a few days ago, for those of us who took the ifollow option, they should offer some concessions. The expectation was to be back in Deepdale by November or December, but that wasn’t to be. ST holders paying full price would have been well out of pocket and need to be compensated. However, I hope they don’t go down the COVID certification route. Surely they can’t simply ban people for not having a vaccination?

As I said a few days ago, for those of us who took the ifollow option, they should offer some concessions. The expectation was to be back in Deepdale by November or December, but that wasn’t to be. ST holders paying full price would have been well out of pocket and need to be compensated. However, I hope they don’t go down the COVID certification route. Surely they can’t simply ban people for not having a vaccination?
Anyone who believed that were naive in the extreme.

Won’t be buying season tickets next season, due to medical issues not a boycott or “stand” against the club/players or whatever.
Have bought season tickets for 2 seasons recently knowing I couldn’t attend but wanting to keep my regular place as in recent seasons against medical (and my wife’s!) advice I did manage to attend a few home games.
Will be personally gutted when fans are allowed back, but happy for our fans at home, and especially away where the atmosphere created by travelling nobbers belies our home attendance. Have to support vicariously & rely on comments on here.
Once a nobber, always a nobber. KTF.

Won’t be buying season tickets next season, due to medical issues not a boycott or “stand” against the club/players or whatever.
Have bought season tickets for 2 seasons recently knowing I couldn’t attend but wanting to keep my regular place as in recent seasons against medical (and my wife’s!) advice I did manage to attend a few home games.
Will be personally gutted when fans are allowed back, but happy for our fans at home, and especially away where the atmosphere created by travelling nobbers belies our home attendance. Have to support vicariously & rely on comments on here.
Sorry to hear that, keep safe fellah.

Anyone who believed that were naive in the extreme.
Agree.

I think people should manage their expectations for the remainder of this calendar year so they aren't caught out again next season.

Although I will renew my season ticket, I am doing so under the assumption the 2021/22 season will be subject to all sorts of protocols, restrictions and possible (in my opinion, quite probable) further lockdowns.

There are still massive challenges ahead for the world in terms of keeping corona under control, which we will see a resurgence of next winter.

Mainly, the possibility of having to deal with updating vaccines to combat variants - then re-vaccinating the entire population - and dealing with the disaster that is going to be this summers holiday season.

Whether lockdowns/restrictions should remain in place into the winter is another debate. But I think it's naive to think corona will be as good as gone by June 2021.

I’ll be buying one. I would die for this club. This isn’t Man Utd Chelsea, or Southampton Town. It’s Preston NE and it’s closer to our hearts and bonds us like nothing else. We are the greatest club in the North West and even if we only win one more game in our history, we will all die happy and content.
That’s the spirit Boges!👍

Southampton Town though?.......

Agree.

I think people should manage their expectations for the remainder of this calendar year so they aren't caught out again next season.

Although I will renew my season ticket, I am doing so under the assumption the 2021/22 season will be subject to all sorts of protocols, restrictions and possible (in my opinion, quite probable) further lockdowns.

There are still massive challenges ahead for the world in terms of keeping corona under control, which we will see a resurgence of next winter.

Mainly, the possibility of having to deal with updating vaccines to combat variants - then re-vaccinating the entire population - and dealing with the disaster that is going to be this summers holiday season.

Whether lockdowns/restrictions should remain in place into the winter is another debate. But I think it's naive to think corona will be as good as gone by June 2021.
I know we're going over old ground here, but whilst corona won't be gone, the threat of it overwhelming the NHS almost certainly will be, so lockdowns and restrictions that ruin many peoples' social and economic welfare won't need to be in place to protect it.

The threat of variants is being overstated in my opinion. Yes, viruses mutate and change, but none of these supposedly dangerous current variants are evading the current vaccines. And the chances of a new one emerging that totally evades any of the current vaccines are incredibly low. And in this country, the elderly and the vulnerable are already scheduled for boosters that are adjusted to variants in September.

It's not going to be a case of the world locking themselves indoors every time a variant emerges and waiting for the government to vaccinate another 30, 40, 50 million people before we're allowed outside again. That's neither sustainable nor neccessary, and not the way these types of diseases are managed long-term.

Regarding season tickets, whilst I don't think lockdowns will affect next season in terms of attendance, I can understand anybody being reticent about buying one, because it might be that attending a football game in the next 6-12 months is a rather different experience to that of pre-March 2020. So perhaps the footballing authorities along with the government (and eventually PNE) need to start spelling out exactly what attending a football game (at Deepdale) will look like before fans are asked to stump up their cash.

Season tickets should be a grand each to make up the shortfall... 2 Grand if you haven't got a " clean " card... and then for a premium you can infect everyone...... This is getting funnier by the minute. ;)

Sorry to hear that, I hope they keep the iFollow games so you can still at least watch from home if you want to.

I know we're going over old ground here, but whilst corona won't be gone, the threat of it overwhelming the NHS almost certainly will be, so lockdowns and restrictions that ruin many peoples' social and economic welfare won't need to be in place to protect it.

The threat of variants is being overstated in my opinion. Yes, viruses mutate and change, but none of these supposedly dangerous current variants are evading the current vaccines. And the chances of a new one emerging that totally evades any of the current vaccines are incredibly low. And in this country, the elderly and the vulnerable are already scheduled for boosters that are adjusted to variants in September.

It's not going to be a case of the world locking themselves indoors every time a variant emerges and waiting for the government to vaccinate another 30, 40, 50 million people before we're allowed outside again. That's neither sustainable nor neccessary, and not the way these types of diseases are managed long-term.

Regarding season tickets, whilst I don't think lockdowns will affect next season in terms of attendance, I can understand anybody being reticent about buying one, because it might be that attending a football game in the next 6-12 months is a rather different experience to that of pre-March 2020. So perhaps the footballing authorities along with the government (and eventually PNE) need to start spelling out exactly what attending a football game (at Deepdale) will look like before fans are asked to stump up their cash.
I knew you would reply saying this - I've read your posts on this subject across a few threads, and I pretty much agree with them all.

Especially your sentiments regarding whether future lockdowns (and associated economic and social disaster) are necessary.

That's why I differentiated between what I think should happen, and what I think might well happen if cases begin to escalate in the autumn.

I'm just trying to manage my expectations.

While 2021/22 may not be affected by indiscriminate, nation wide lockdown it will almost certainly be subject to all sorts of hoop-jumping regards testing, providing documentation, social distancing, mask-wearing, possible segregation of vaccinated and non-vaccinated etc.

The 'matchday experience' is going to be one big reminder that corona virus is very much still a part of our lives and sanitary in every sense of the word.

Again, I'm not passing judgement on whether that is right or wrong, but I think that is very much what the 2021/22 season will look like. And anyone buying a ST should factor that probability into their decision to shell out 400+ notes.

I am genuinely sorry to say for the first time in many years I won’t be renewing my season ticket, unless the end of the season gives me hope that Trevor has finally learned the lesson that going for cheap options is not working and the club is going backwards , the mis management over the last few years with player recruitment and extending contracts of players who are not good enough for the championship has been staggering.
I’ve been a North End fan for over 50 years, not all of them as a season ticket holder I admit , but they are my team and would never dream of supporting any other, but the last eighteen months or so the club and the owner seem to have taken the loyalty of the fans for granted ,especially the season ticket fiasco before the start of this season . I will definitely go on next season at home and away ,how many games in each case will depend on performances the manager and the players we bring in and I’m not expecting us to be challenging to get promotion or bring in lots of million pound players all I want is to see players fighting for the shirt hopefully good football when possible and a better connection between the club and the fans .
Maybe the season after I will once again be tempted to to renew a season ticket all I need is hope the club is going forward not backwards .

I knew you would reply saying this - I've read your posts on this subject across a few threads, and I pretty much agree with them all.

Especially your sentiments regarding whether future lockdowns (and associated economic and social disaster) are necessary.

That's why I differentiated between what I think should happen, and what I think might well happen if cases begin to escalate in the autumn.

I'm just trying to manage my expectations.

While 2021/22 may not be affected by indiscriminate, nation wide lockdown it will almost certainly be subject to all sorts of hoop-jumping regards testing, providing documentation, social distancing, mask-wearing, possible segregation of vaccinated and non-vaccinated etc.

The 'matchday experience' is going to be one big reminder that corona virus is very much still a part of our lives and sanitary in every sense of the word.

Again, I'm not passing judgement on whether that is right or wrong, but I think that is very much what the 2021/22 season will look like. And anyone buying a ST should factor that probability into their decision to shell out 400+ notes.
I can totally understand the reticence and the negativity that some people hold, and the tendency to envisage the worst case scenario. With the past 13 months we have all endured, and all the twists and turns, it has felt like one bad thing after another. So I am not criticising anyone for thinking in this manner at all. I just don't think there is much rationale behind some of it. There's no scientific basis behind the idea that a totally vaccine resistant variant could suddenly emerge. For sure, there's a chance of a variant emerging which the current vaccines have reduced efficacy against, but that would be managed via adjusted vaccines on an ongoing basis and wouldn't be a public health emergency which would require lockdowns.

At the end of the day it's the government's job and not mine to promote the efficacy of their vaccination programme, and Boris Johnson seemed to be doing a pretty bad job of it today with his comments. If they want businesses to stop claiming furlough and financial support and to start getting customers back through the door and the economy to start recovering properly, then having essentially scared the public into compliance in the last year, they will have to put the same resource and fervour into encouraging people to start operating fairly normally again soon, or many businesses, most of which aren't like PNE with a billionaire subsiding it, will hardly be able to make it off the life support they are currently on, particularly in the hospitality and entertainment sectors.

Like I said regarding the football match day experience, I think it's up to clubs and the authorities to make it clear what match attendance is going to look like and then fans can make up their own minds. Although, again I know this has already been discussed, if social distancing 'legally' ends on 21 June, I don't know how any restrictions or measures can actually been enforced on football clubs. It's all still up in the air really.

As I've posted before I'm very much 50/50.

Had one longer than I care to remember but Riddlers ridiculous initial stance on ST refunds along with a couple of other things has really made me lose faith in any kind of notion that the Club truly cares about the fans.

The COVID stuff does slightly concern me so would have to see how that pans out & that's before you even consider price.

I will wait to see what the package is, what the cost is, what the COVID protocols are & how the squad shapes up over the summer before I make a decision.