PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Time for Bayliss surely??

We edge closer to safety and for that, I salute the efforts of Frankie McAvoy who has played his hand well enough for me.

But does it feel to anyone else like Bayliss getting ten minutes would, according to the last two managers, usher in the second ice age? How fucking awful is this lad in training to be deemed lower down the pecking order than Billy fucking Bodin or even Maguire for that matter. For a team that is so devoid of anything like attacking flair is it fair that his last game was against Wycombe in the cup (a team comprised of the bench) and since then the inclusion of him seems unquestionably an awful idea. He is, by all accounts from Coventry, a very good league one attacking midfielder with versatility. I saw little attacking or versatility today and haven't for fucking ages.

I am a fan who watched Darren Carter be an automatic starter and accepted that, (kind of). He simply cannot be that fucking awful. Please, for the love of God, give the lad a sprinkling of a chance.

I’d rather have the teens over half the names on the team sheet at the minute, give em a chance to stake a claim and show what they can do

Stokes number 44 was very lively and caused us problems in the first half. He was an academy graduate

Bayliss has made 9 league appearances - I wonder if a 10th triggers an extra payment installment or something?

Good call. If so, we are truly fucking stupid. Game time at this level for the likes of Hugill and Robinson increases value just as much.

I’d rather have the teens over half the names on the team sheet at the minute, give em a chance to stake a claim and show what they can do

Stokes number 44 was very lively and caused us problems in the first half. He was an academy graduate

Stoke have some really good talent coming through their academy at the moment...

Norton is really good at the moment, needs couple more seasons with Stoke then he's ready to move on to the premier league.

D'Margio Wright-Phillips is another one who's really good and same as I said about norton above, needs a couple of solid seasons then definitely good enough to move onto bigger things plus he's a really nice lad.

Bayliss has made 9 league appearances - I wonder if a 10th triggers an extra payment installment or something?
This would be considered a joke by fans of most teams, but a genuine possibility here. Surely you don’t blow your entire transfer budget on one player and build in to the deal an additional payment after 10 games (less than a quarter of a season)? Having said that it’s North End, so entirely plausible.

We scratch our heads at Liverpool buying Davies and not using him, yet we have pretty much done the same with Bayliss. We aren’t Liverpool, they didn’t blow their budget on Davies. We don’t know how he looks in training or why he’s not playing but I’m personally very uncomfortable with what we appear to have done to this young lads career so far.

That would be an astonishing installment clause if true. The only other suggestion is that Bayliss doesn't show enough in training - which means he hasn't been doing so for nigh on three years - in which case why on earth is he still here? He can't be considered a 'prospect' or 'one for the future' any more either because to be that you have to show glimpses of talent, have folk buzzing about you, and we haven't seen anything. It really is baffling.

It does appear a strange purpose, given that outwardly we like to suggest we are a club that develops talent to sell on as a means of financial survival. With the relative loss on Davies and Pearson our business model looks a little flawed.

This would be considered a joke by fans of most teams, but a genuine possibility here. Surely you don’t blow your entire transfer budget on one player and build in to the deal an additional payment after 10 games (less than a quarter of a season)? Having said that it’s North End, so entirely plausible.

I can't remember what it was now, but I seem to recall there being a bizarre clause in the agreement with Middlesbrough over the talentless Mr Ripley... That was around that time too.

The whole instalment payment thing is spurious, but it is baffling after signing Bayliss with such fanfare and then not to use him. Very odd. Maybe like the Andre Green saga he just fell out with AN, but with AN gone you have to ask wtf is going on!

It does appear a strange purpose, given that outwardly we like to suggest we are a club that develops talent to sell on as a means of financial survival. With the relative loss on Davies and Pearson our business model looks a little flawed.
We need a under 23s squad it the the only way to bring on young talent but will Hemmings do it ?? I don't think so !!

His confidence must be on the floor. He arrives as a multi-million pound signing with a famous footballing future within his grasp.

Injury aside, he waits patiently for the moon and stars to align and gift wrap the kind of game which, in a manager's eyes, is just right for him.

He watches from the stands as first picks deliver some of the worst performances in living memory; players still considered better than him.

We were either incompetent to sign him. Or our coaching and man management has been incompetent since he signed.

Get him on loan. Get him games. Get his confidence back. If only for his sake if nothing else.

Need to get him involved for the remaining Games hopefully this gives him a boost for the New Season.
Presumably he starts with a clean slate when the new guy comes in.
If we get something out of the Derby Game he should definately start the last 3 games (IMO)