PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who is your gas/electric with and how much do you pay?

Dirty Harry

Patron
Was with bulb paying £110 a month combined. They told me it will be increasing to £156. Switched to Evolve who were offering a 12 month fixed rate for £113. We live in a 3 bed detached and there are 3 of us here, though my missus works from home at the moment which is probably adding to our electric usage. What do you pay and who with?

Was with bulb paying £110 a month combined. They told me it will be increasing to £156. Switched to Evolve who were offering a 12 month fixed rate for £113. We live in a 3 bed detached and there are 3 of us here, though my missus works from home at the moment which is probably adding to our electric usage. What do you pay and who with?
Had a very similar problem with Bulb. We switched to Avro energy my monthly DD dropped from 120 to 93 and after 12 months we are 240 in credit which theyve just refunded. 5 adults in 3 bed semi.

https://green.energy/

£85 a month for a 4 bed with 3 of us and £115 for the 6 bed(though that’s helped by solar so probably would be higher normally)

Was cheapest on comparison websites when I moved them 12 months ago or but still seemed competitive when I switched tariff with them recently

They are forever competing for new customers, giving good introductory deals, but then moving prices up after first 12 months, it's just too much hassle for me.

British Gas are never the cheapest but always there or there about, we pay £95 pm. I did nearly ditch them after the way they treated their engineers recently but I'm not convinced the rest are any better, they're all a bunch ot twats.

Just imagine how much I spend

Not much I imagine

asgardlargegasbottlesteelstoragea_covs3_xlarge.jpg

Making_coffee_over_a_candleScale-2014.jpg

We are with Pure Planet.... 4 bed house but only two adults living in it.

£96 a month in the period November-April dropping to £64 a month from May to October ( we have just had the email advising the new rate )

That covers both gas and electric

Bloody hell - I pay £180. And I guess average extra £50 in solid fuel. Old draughty 4-bed, occupied 24/7 including my wife who is as nesh as they come!

Bulb. Last time I checked, they were still pretty competitive- but I need to check again.

We're with Octopus, but they put their prices up by 11% at the back end of last year and just been advised of another hike in May, so we'll be shopping around too.

I'm sure I'm paying far too much, with British Gas (who were surprisingly the cheapest last time I switched), was originally paying £60 a month on dual tariff for a 2 bed terrace but since working from home (2 people in the house pretty much 24 hours a day), its gone up to £90 a month, the deal is up at the end of next month so will be looking to switch

was tempted to sign up to one of these auto switching services but not sure if they choose the cheapest or the ones they get the most commission from

I'm sure I'm paying far too much, with British Gas (who were surprisingly the cheapest last time I switched), was originally paying £60 a month on dual tariff for a 2 bed terrace but since working from home (2 people in the house pretty much 24 hours a day), its gone up to £90 a month, the deal is up at the end of next month so will be looking to switch

was tempted to sign up to one of these auto switching services but not sure if they choose the cheapest or the ones they get the most commission from
We signed up to “ Look after my Bills “ but they couldn’t better our current deal with Pure Planet......

About £45 p/m on British Gas for us in an old, draughty terraced house. I’m convinced it’s not enough, but we’re on a smart meter that sends a reading every day so who am I to argue!