PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Frankie McAvoy

I think we'll struggle next season no matter who's in charge..Hope I'm wrong. :eek:
We have actually finished the Season strongly which bodes well for the next one, often a poor finish carries over.
I do not think we will struggle per se but neither do i think we will challenge the Play offs, although with a good start and a bit of confidence you never know.
Got to be at least 'half full' neither too optimistic nor pessimistic!!

Yes. Three of our last five championship seasons we had nothing to play for and in all them seasons we had one win in our last seven/eight games. We currently have four.

Disagree about the ‘lucky’ win against Swansea. We was the better side by a country mile. Not winning that game would have been two points dropped.
The goal we scored was a very fortunate own goal.

I personally am very grateful for the job done by FM as relegation would have been very damaging. My concern about him as longer term is can he set the team up any other way then the way he has stuck with this far and can he change the lump it forward way ? Admittedly it has got us out of the mess we were in but I am finding it hard to accept that this is our future.
It might well be that any manager appointed would need better players before the entertainment value could be cranked up.

To be fair we kept going, kept putting balls in the box and earned that luck.

That's not a case for or against Frankie but we fully deserved that win.

Back to today I thought both teams where having a good go and whilst Barsnley may have had one eye on the play off I felt we earnt the win and was not just given it on a plate.

What Frankie has done is install some confidence back in the side and lifted some of the gloom for which he deserves credit regardless of if he gets the job full time.

They did make 2 changes, it was weakened. No idea why their manager never felt the need to make more.

Not a clue who has a big game in 2 days time?
Well, we must have played a weaker team given we made one change.
BTW it was you who mentioned ‘having a big game in two days time’.

You could say that but end of the day you make your own luck. Under Alex Neilwe would have grabbed onto the point yet under Frankie we got men forward took a shot in the 90th minute and it favoured us. Had we played it safe like we would under mr personality then it would have been opportunity loss.

So would I... Both teams today had nothing to play for not just Barnsley....... Quite refreshing that we won a game towards the back end of the season........Totally out of character. :D
I agree. Especially in a meaningless game. Just disagree in belittling the Barnsley model (not by you) just because we beat them in a game that made no difference to either side.

I personally am very grateful for the job done by FM as relegation would have been very damaging. My concern about him as longer term is can he set the team up any other way then the way he has stuck with this far and can he change the lump it forward way ? Admittedly it has got us out of the mess we were in but I am finding it hard to accept that this is our future.
Define 'future' though AN was here 4 years or so and it proved too long. Very few Managers (Head Coaches) these days are here for the duration.
To me FM with a view to bringing Gally through in a couple of years.
Although that wont pan out if we have 'disastrous' results but equally that could be the case whoever they appoint!

I never once said they had a big game in two days time.
This what you posted but I didn’t understand what you meant so that is why I asked you:
Players naturally will protect themselves, or not be as committed in a nothing game knowing they've a big game 2 games later. It's understandable for players to be like that.

If we'd of got beat today then FM would of struggled to land the job full time imo, looking at the alternatives I'm 50 50 now

We got the ball into a dangerous area and when that happens you can sometimes reap rewards.
A bit of credit where it's due wouldn't go amiss.
I actually said when we drew vs Norwich that was a game under Neil we would have lost.

I criticised Neil for under performing with our squad and by some was slagged off for saying we shouldn't expect any more. Frankie has taken over, and has made us get results that mostly I think we should be getting.

How on earth do you get " established " unless you are given a run of games?
So that relegates the game to the level of a pre season friendly then doesn't it?

Not reading too much into the result other than it's nice to finish a season on the front foot after quite a few years lately where we've had a poor last few games.

And that post never said they had a big game 2 days later. It said 2 games later.
Thanks, I understand what you mean, sorry I miss read it. However, that being the case then why not be like Swansea and others and rest most of the players unless they wanted to keep up the momentum? Why risk injuries if it is a nothing game for them and their lads wouldn’t want to risk getting injured?

I know. Liverpool and Leicester must be gutted they loaned us their players.

You say ‘what love in’ yet there are still
Some fans crying because he isn’t playing despite us winning three in a row so there must be some ‘love in’ for them to want him to play so much.

How have we treated him like shit FFS. I would rather we treat our current players well than some
Wannabe from Everton.
Why do you think Premier League clubs send their players out on load? Same as us, it's to get players match practice to develop them.

We shouldn't be taking players on loan if we've no intention of playing them, otherwise clubs will think twice before loaning players to us in future.