PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Frankie McAvoy

Why do you think Premier League clubs send their players out on load? Same as us, it's to get players match practice to develop them.

We shouldn't be taking players on loan if we've no intention of playing them, otherwise clubs will think twice before loaning players to us in future.
Loan Players have a place but I think that 'loan' Players need to come in at the start of the Season on at least a Season long loan to be 'part of the squad' unless it is purely a short term measure to cover serious injury.
To me the only position 'emergency' covers is keeper, like in the Iverson scenario, (who i would like on a Season long loan).

Thanks, I understand what you mean, sorry I miss read it. However, that being the case then why not be like Swansea and others and rest most of the players unless they wanted to keep up the momentum? Why risk injuries if it is a nothing game for them and their lads wouldn’t want to risk getting injured?
Not a clue, that's their managers decision. Do you think no Barnsley player had 1 eye on their huge play off game?

What love in? He's hardly played ffs.

The problem I have, and many others, is that we've treated him like shit. That's hardly going to encourage Premier League clubs to loan players to us who need game time is it?
Don’t agree. Gordon simply didn’t improve the standard of the team in his last 3 or so performances

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on Bayliss making 2 91st minute appearances that make no difference to our league status? How do they make us or him better?
It makes him think that he has not been forgotten and that he has a future with the club. Ridiculously brief appearances I agree but he would have come on earlier if our lead had been more comfortable.

What are your thoughts on Bayliss making 2 91st minute appearances that make no difference to our league status? How do they make us or him better?

Disappointing, unfortunately. Finally got a league start, looked okay, only to have Whiteman and Molumby dropped into the squad. Neither AN or FM have made any effort to develop the lad. Can't afford to piss away what few resources we have like that. Another reason why the management and recruitment teams need to be on the same page.

Why do you think Premier League clubs send their players out on load? Same as us, it's to get players match practice to develop them.

We shouldn't be taking players on loan if we've no intention of playing them, otherwise clubs will think twice before loaning players to us in future.

So there is a ‘love in’ with Gordon then. Why on earth should we play a player just because it suits another club. Yes we took a player on loan it hasn’t worked out other players are playing better and the formation frankie plays doesn’t suit him. He isn’t going to change formation just to suit one player - a player he didn’t even sign and isn’t ours next season. That would be farcical!!

This plee for Gordon to be starting from some of our fans is silly now. We have won three in a row for only the second time this season yet fans are demanding him to start. Why should we change formation just to suit one play who won’t even be here next season. It’s completely pointless.

It makes him think that he has not been forgotten and that he has a future with the club. Ridiculously brief appearances I agree but he would have come on earlier if our lead had been more comfortable.
Really? 1 0 up at Coventry after 67 minutes in a game where the result never mattered. 2 0 up today after 49 minutes in a game where the result never mattered. And he gets an injury time appearance in both games. And that supposedly makes him think he has a future here!?

So there is a ‘love in’ with Gordon then. Why on earth should we play a player just because it suits another club. Yes we took a player on loan it hasn’t worked out other players are playing better and the formation frankie plays doesn’t suit him. He isn’t going to change formation just to suit one player - a player he didn’t even sign and isn’t ours next season. That would be farcical!!

This plee for Gordon to be starting from some of our fans is silly now. We have won three in a row for only the second time this season yet fans are demanding him to start. Why should we change formation just to suit one play who won’t even be here next season. It’s completely pointless.
The “love in” is in your head, if there was one it was when Neil was in charge and fans were desperate to try anything to get us a win, that was two months ago.
Do you want us to attract players on loan in future? You just don’t get it, loans are meant to be a win win.

The “love in” is in your head, if there was one it was when Neil was in charge and fans were desperate to try anything to get us a win, that was two months ago.
Do you want us to attract players on loan in future? You just don’t get it, loans are meant to be a win win.

We have two loans literally starting every week. Instead of picking on the one player who don’t starting every week why not focus on the two who are and have said they want to be in here next season.

No it’s in yours because you keep on bringing it up as if there is some big reason why he should be Starting every week.

We have two loans literally starting every week. Instead of picking on the one player who don’t starting every week why not focus on the two who are and have said they want to be in here next season.

No it’s in yours because you keep on bringing it up as if there is some big reason why he should be Starting every week.
Stop being silly, I’m only talking about him because you are. Not anymore though, I’m bored with this. If you don’t understand how the loan system works, there’s no point really.

Stop being silly, I’m only talking about him because you are. Not anymore though, I’m bored with this. If you don’t understand how the loan system works, there’s no point really.

I understand how the loan system works very well thank you but I didn’t realise you HAd to change your whole
Formation to play them.

Just admit you are wrong.

I understand how the loan system works very well thank you but I didn’t realise you HAd to change your whole
Formation to play them.

Just admit you are wrong.
I’ll say one last thing. Like it or not, loan players are part of the team and should be treated as such. The feeling is that Gordon wasn’t given an equal chance to fight for his place, From what you posted earlier you seem to think that loan players are second class compared to permanent signings.
“Just admit you are wrong.”
That makes you sound like a lot of childish posters on here, only interested in proving yourself right and others wrong rather than having a discussion.
I’ve nothing else to say.

I’ll say one last thing. Like it or not, loan players are part of the team and should be treated as such. The feeling is that Gordon wasn’t given an equal chance to fight for his place, From what you posted earlier you seem to think that loan players are second class compared to permanent signings.
“Just admit you are wrong.”
That makes you sound like a lot of childish posters on here, only interested in proving yourself right and others wrong rather than having a discussion.
I’ve nothing else to say.

He played and managed 0 goals and 0 assists. Looked anonymous in games that were a fight like Millwall. He's a part of the squad and has no divine right to start. Changing the formation excludes both him and Sinclair, but has led to better results. Tough titties- if he had more end product, maybe we wouldn't have needed to.

Getting the job shouldn't be a surprise, it's a no brainer, how many of you can remember another situation like ours whereby the 'interim' coach produced results such as these? It might not be a precedent, but by God it's remarkable and only the brave could have foreseen it.

I'm behind FM as are thousands of us, not hundreds, I want to go into the summer positive, not negative and I'm buzzing at the moment......long time since that happened.