PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Religion, specifically christianity.

In my opinion it is. Why is my opinion that it is all bollocks worth less than those who believe?

There is fuck all proof either way. There is as much proof of unicorns, fairies, elves, munchkins, Father Christmas etc as there is for god.

What would you say to grown ups who still believe in those?
So you do mock those who follow a religion.

Thanks for confirming.

These strident atheists are as bad as religious fundamentalist bigots. OK Prof Roberts, you don't believe, we get it. You're perfectly entitled to your views but why bang on about them and go out of your way to be offensive?

You can be pretty sure she wouldn't have been so openly disparaging about Islam.
You do realise you’re not defending Islam here, you’re doing the opposite, you’re highlighting the issue and danger with upsetting certain followers of said religion. Why risk your life ?

So you do mock those who follow a religion.

Thanks for confirming.
I’m saying the whole thing is on a par with a fairy tale. Whether you want to believe that good luck, if it brings you comfort, good luck. If you want your right to believe and practice defended, I’m right behind you.

But religion is there to be mocked.

Just this week there was a religious festival where many of that religions followers died on a pilgrimage.

Do you accuse them of dying for a fairytale @Snicky?

You drive past the mosque on Watling Street Road and look in the car park and one is clearly marked “Women only Car Park”

Its 2021 for fucks sake and it wouldn’t be allowed anywhere else.
Two different entrances to the mosque that's why, but yeah, I've longed wished for a mosque that lets women be involved. Okay, maybe they don't want to go, maybe they actually like being housekeepers and are fine with their husbands being the pillars of the community, but it's not really for anyone to dictate.
As I said before, if Muhammad was fine with his wife attending to the wounded soldiers on the battlefield, why do men have a problem with a woman praying in the same room as a man? After all, men are told to lower their gaze. I think it's easier for clergymen to tell women off than it is to tell men off though.

Two different entrances to the mosque that's why, but yeah, I've longed wished for a mosque that lets women be involved. Okay, maybe they don't want to go, maybe they actually like being housekeepers and are fine with their husbands being the pillars of the community, but it's not really for anyone to dictate.
As I said before, if Muhammad was fine with his wife attending to the wounded soldiers on the battlefield, why do men have a problem with a woman praying in the same room as a man? After all, men are told to lower their gaze. I think it's easier for clergymen to tell women off than it is to tell men off though.
I know why there are two car parks and that there are also two entrances. Segregation based on gender.
Its wrong.

They didn’t die for a fairytale. The same way the hillsborough victims didn’t die for football.

There was an accident.

Very poor analogy there raefil.
Your reply would have been different had it been a different religious group.

It wasn't an analogy, I was wondering whether you would dare say of that group that for absolute certain you would have said of another particular religion.

Your reply would have been different had it been a different religious group.

It wasn't an analogy, I was wondering whether you would dare say of that group that for absolute certain you would have said of another particular religion.
Why the fuck do you continue to try and guess what I will or will not say? You have been unbelievably shit at it for many years, so give it it up.

Have I ever commented on the stampedes that have killed hundreds over the years during the hajj?

No. So why would I do it when it involves orthodox Jews? There is only one of us who has negative views of Jews raefil.

But religion is there to be mocked

Religion is personal to someone, it matters. It's there to give people hope and purpose. Just because it doesn't sit right with someone, it doesn't make it any less worthy of respect.

As a teetotaller I wouldn't spend a whole afternoon at the pub buying overpriced lager, then peeing it all in the toilet hours later . However, what I will say is this, if people want to go and get jarred at the pub, let them, it's been a hard year, people deserve whatever gives them hope, happiness and whatnot. I'm not mocking those people, they're entitled to do as they please and I can respect why they do it, even though it's not my way of life.

Why the fuck do you continue to try and guess what I will or will not say? You have been unbelievably shit at it for many years, so give it it up.

Have I ever commented on the stampedes that have killed hundreds over the years during the hajj?

No. So why would I do it when it involves orthodox Jews? There is only one of us who has negative views of Jews raefil.
Touched a nerve have I?

Good.

Religion is personal to someone, it matters. It's there to give people hope and purpose. Just because it doesn't sit right with someone, it doesn't make it any less worthy of respect.

As a teetotaller I wouldn't spend a whole afternoon at the pub buying overpriced lager, then peeing it all in the toilet hours later . However, what I will say is this, if people want to go and get jarred at the pub, let them, it's been a hard year, people deserve whatever gives them hope, happiness and whatnot. I'm not mocking those people, they're entitled to do as they please and I can respect why they do it, even though it's not my way of life.
Same here, I agree, which is why I’m not mocking those people. Only the basis for their beliefs. Where does it stop if mocking beliefs is not allowed? Does anybody get a free ride? Are all beliefs free to be practised and preached? We do not have blasphemy laws in this country.

If religion was left alone there would have been no enlightenment, no separation of church and state. We would still be living under the medieval practices of church rule.

If religion was left alone there would have been no enlightenment, no separation of church and state. We would still be living under the medieval practices of church rule.

True, I'm all for having my religion being criticised or scrutinised, in fact I criticise or scrutinise a good 75% of what the clergymen tell me I should be believing. Like the whole depictions of Muhammad issue, I felt like people mocking him knew it would touch a nerve, but at the same time, if my community openly accepts Muhammad as someone who did X, Y and Z, then can we really blame people for not criticising him at least?
I just think that it's difficult to separate the beliefs from the believers when mocking. It's hard to mock a religion without also mocking the person who believes it.