PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The “Trans” debate

The concerns about the Tavistock clinic and its loose medical ethics continue. This is the more sinister side of trans activism and I suspect that the fallout from this will be long-lasting.

The concerns about the Tavistock clinic and its loose medical ethics continue. This is the more sinister side of trans activism and I suspect that the fallout from this will be long-lasting.

I don't give a toss about changing sex.. But I do believe that children up to 18 ( or possibly 21 ) shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.... I can't believe that authorities even allow it to be considered.

I don't give a toss about changing sex.. But I do believe that children up to 18 ( or possibly 21 ) shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.... I can't believe that authorities even allow it to be considered.
Neither do I - if someone wants to change, that's fine.

Some of the reports from Tavistock are very concerning - we are starting to lift the lid and seeing what has really been going on. Ideology cannot override medical ethics.

This is Rachel Newton:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0e7DaVUYAEu3J_?format=jpg&name=large

This crime has been officially recorded as being committed by a woman.

Most worrying? It's not the only case of its kind I have been made aware of in the last 2 weeks. Absolutely fucking disgraceful and I'll be writing to my MP about it.
That's not the only time it has happened - quite a few crimes are now recorded and reported as the gender someone identifies as.

"Birthing People", is that what we are reducing mothers to?
So when does a mother become a mother then, when does it become gender neutral friendly for a woman mothering her child to be called a mother? Is it when they feed their child, when they clothe them, when they take them to school, when they wipe away their tears?
Do we refrain from saying a person mothers their child then, they simply become the "Feeding Person", "Clothing Person" etc.

Besides, haven't the women on the LGBTQ+ spectrum wanted for years to be recognised legally as children's mothers?

I’m sure I won’t be the first to say ‘what a complete load of

I’m sure I won’t be the first to say ‘what a complete load of otiose bollocks!’
Im quite sure there wont be many actually saying what a load of "Otiose," Bollocks. :)

My kids, who are all into their 20s still call us "Mummy," and "Daddy."

We still call them little shits!

To avoid cluttering the Labour thread, I will drop this here. A statement from Maya Forstater's lawyer about the implications of the judgement:

An important ruling for women, the gay community, and for freedom of speech in general.

Hopefully, it will now be possible to discuss this issue rationally and find compromises.

Not sure if this is right place to put this but here goes....
Couple of years ago when you could go out! After an evening in Preston we decided on a kebab from micks hut prior to walk back to Penwortham.
Shop was busy so stood waiting, we watched the usual drunken antics of lads just being lads and girls loving the whole night out thing.
Front of queue at the counter were some students... Best described as out of towners and clearly not used to micks hut. So after taking ages to decide they got their order... The guy serving asked "any sauces?"...."ooo no..." came the reply from the students... Up pops Preston lad.. "get some chilli sauce on it".... The students looked at him with utter contempt... "no its ok.. Its spicy enough"... Preston lad.. "just have a bit on.. Makes it much better"..... "no we don't want any"... Preston lad.. "get some on you poofs"......
This is where it went tits up....
One went outside and a few minutes later the cops arrived... This lad got locked up for homophobic public order offence or something... The shop went mad... The students suddenly started crying and exaggerating the effect of what was said, i spoke to one of the cops and told him what had actually occurred not the students version, they took my details and said would take a statement but never did.
This was literally a chance encounter, a bit of drunken humour not a full on nasty attack on anyone. It was milked to the max by the "victim"... If the lad was being deliberately abusive then he would have been challenged for sure, i just thought the outcome didnt reflect what actually occurred.

Couple of years ago when you could go out! After an evening in Preston we decided on a kebab from micks hut prior to walk back to Penwortham.
Shop was busy so stood waiting, we watched the usual drunken antics of lads just being lads and girls loving the whole night out thing.
Front of queue at the counter were some students... Best described as out of towners and clearly not used to micks hut. So after taking ages to decide they got their order... The guy serving asked "any sauces?"...."ooo no..." came the reply from the students... Up pops Preston lad.. "get some chilli sauce on it".... The students looked at him with utter contempt... "no its ok.. Its spicy enough"... Preston lad.. "just have a bit on.. Makes it much better"..... "no we don't want any"... Preston lad.. "get some on you poofs"......
One went outside and a few minutes later the cops arrived... This lad got locked up for homophobic public order offence or something... The shop went mad... The students suddenly started crying and exaggerating the effect of what was said, i spoke to one of the cops and told him what had actually occurred not the students version, they took my details and said would take a statement but never did.
This was literally a chance encounter, a bit of drunken humour not a full on nasty attack on anyone. It was milked to the max by the "victim"... If the lad was being deliberately abusive then he would have been challenged for sure, i just thought the outcome didnt reflect what actually occurred.

I witness this type of 'waterworks' and 'offence' daily. It has become weaponised in a disagreement/dispute. Losing the argument? Play your ace, the victim card.

Some kids are growing up with this way of thinking.

So it's the students who are mainly at fault here?

You might think it's okay for people to go around uttering the term 'poof' with free abandon but have you considered the impact it has on gay people when it's used pejoratively like this (the assumption being that if you can't handle spice, you must be soft and therefore gay)? I appreciate that the bloke was probably just having a bit of harmless banter in his eyes but why couldn't he have just used a word that doesn't marginalise a social group? It's not hard; just call them soft Southern bastards or something (and before you jump on me and say something about that being regionalist, there isn't a long and protracted history of Southerners facing discrimination at the hands of Northerners).

You might think it's okay for people to go around uttering the term 'poof' with free abandon but have you considered the impact it has on gay people when it's used pejoratively like this (the assumption being that if you can't handle spice, you must be soft and therefore gay)? I appreciate that the bloke was probably just having a bit of harmless banter in his eyes but why couldn't he have just used a word that doesn't marginalise a social group? It's not hard; just call them soft Southern bastards or something (and before you jump on me and say something about that being regionalist, there isn't a long and protracted history of Southerners facing discrimination at the hands of Northerners).
Did i say that?
I merely stated facts.
A light hearted comment taken completely out of hand then dramatics when authorities arrive.

Did i say that?
I merely stated facts.
A light hearted comment taken completely out of hand then dramatics when authorities arrive.
It’s quite clear in your description of events whose side you took. Also, how can what you’ve stated be “facts” given you’re the one relaying them? Do you not think your version of the “facts” might be biased?

You also haven’t answered any of the questions I asked you.

It’s quite clear in your description of events whose side you took. Also, how can what you’ve stated be “facts” given you’re the one relaying them? Do you not think your version of the “facts” might be biased?

Surely it’s just your testimony?

This is Rachel Newton:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0e7DaVUYAEu3J_?format=jpg&name=large

This crime has been officially recorded as being committed by a woman.

Most worrying? It's not the only case of its kind I have been made aware of in the last 2 weeks. Absolutely fucking disgraceful and I'll be writing to my MP about it.
How can that be anything other than crazy.

The irony is that it will be (classed as discrimination) one day, trust me. There is no end to where this is all going and you won't like it when you get it.

Unless there is history between you and beagle that is relevant, I think you’re being very hard on him/her/other.

Clear, the local lad’s words were from yesteryear, juvenile and potentially hurtful. But beagle never said they weren’t.

But the point he/she/other seems to be making is that having the police rock up seems OTT.

Maybe you can politely discuss beagle’s use of the word fact rather than testimony. Maybe there’s other discussion to be had But it seems that he told an interesting story and you jumped down his throat.