PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who will be relegated from Championship next season?

I would not want to go through what Wednesday/Derby/Rotherham fans had to endure today - but who do we think will be relegation candidates next year?
I always think a team that’s had a poor last quarter of the season is likely relegation fodder start of next - which points to Huddersfield, Derby and Bristol City. And one/two of the promoted sides. Not sure I’d back Peterborough very far up the table...,

I would not want to go through what Wednesday/Derby/Rotherham fans had to endure today - but who do we think will be relegation candidates next year?
I always think a team that’s had a poor last quarter of the season is likely relegation fodder start of next - which points to Huddersfield, Derby and Bristol City. And one/two of the promoted sides. Not sure I’d back Peterborough very far up the table...,

For the love of God let the corpse of 2020-2021 go cold 😂

I would put money on Derby being there or thereabouts for the play offs next season.

Peterborough will score a fair few goals but unless Darren Ferguson can prove he can set up a competent defence at Championship level, they will go straight back down.

I think Hull will be fine under Grant McCann this time, things seem a lot more stable there now.

I could see Coventry really struggling next year, and Huddersfield seem to be in a bit of a mess on and off the pitch.

Yeah, Cov were outclassed by us when we were in a real poor run. That is a poor squad by the looks of things.

Coventry will be back at the Richo Arena next season. I think they will be a solid Chsmpionship side who may well challenge for the play offs.

Yeah, Cov were outclassed by us when we were in a real poor run. That is a poor squad by the looks of things.
Mark Robins has done a really good job to have them safe quite early this year. Against us they looked to be trying all the right things but seriously lacked quality.

Derby if they dont sign some players and sack Rooney.
Worst side all season and their side is full of their youth team, not as good as it has been in previous years.

Other potentials:
Peterborough, Huddersfield, Birmingham, League 1 playoff winners, Coventry, Reading (always do well then bad in alternate seasons), Sheff Utd (seem to have no money now and still really a league 1 side, with the odd splash of quality), fingers crossed the plastics aswell.

Worst side all season and their side is full of their youth team, not as good as it has been in previous years.

Other potentials:
Peterborough, Huddersfield, Birmingham, League 1 playoff winners, Coventry, Reading (always do well then bad in alternate seasons), Sheff Utd (seem to have no money now and still really a league 1 side, with the odd splash of quality), fingers crossed the plastics aswell.
We will see who they appoint and etc. but there's no way Sheffield United will struggle next season with a strike partnership of McBurnie and Brewster at Championship level.

However I'm not sure they'll be right up there unless they sort out some of the off the field problems.

Apparently they're looking at Jokanovic and he's interested in the job.

A little bit early not knowing the finals squads the teams will come up with...
I hope for Derby, but got Huddersfield and Forest for going down.
Posh, probably. And the League One clubs in the playoff do all not look too convincing, too...

I’m surprised Blackburn aren’t getting a mention. They have players out of contract. Loan players who will return to their parent club and Armstrong will probably leave.

Who is going to score the goals for them because Bereton and Gallagher aren’t good championship players. Nyambe looks set to leave too.

I think they will be down there especially if they have Mowbsry as manager.

Other potentials:

If they sack Rooney? Rooney is one of the reasons they were fighting relegation in the first place. Keep him and they will be down there again.

If a takeover fails to materialise at Derby, I think they'll be stuck with Rooney as manager as I'm not sure Mel Morris will want to pay silly money to sack him. If that's the case, I think they are in trouble.

Peterborough and Huddersfield for the other two