PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If not Neil then who?

If we want to improve then we need to be upgrading on players like Lindsay. We can do better imo.

As jamesOB says above too, Bauer will be returning and there is little point having Bauer, Huntington AND Lindsay all in the same squad. We need to add someone a bit more mobile.

We've fallen into the trap of signing mediocre loan players quite a few times in recent years, I hope we don't do it with Lindsay.

But good luck to him anyway, he hadn't kicked a ball for 12 months before he came in. He hasn't done too badly in the past few weeks and his prospects of finding another club will be improved as a result.

You know we’re going to sign him because it will be on a free and not too much on the wages.

I think we will sign him and then sign another more mobile CB.

The results under Frankie might have signalled to PR and TH that the players are not as bad or mediocre as first thought, which means we will probably do things on the cheap again.

You know we’re going to sign him because it will be on a free and not too much on the wages.

The results under Frankie might have signalled to PR and TH that the players are not as bad or mediocre as first thought, which means we will probably do things on the cheap again.
Yet another of these cases - "we'll sign this slow, cheap guy now, then later we'll sign a better, more expensive guy who we should've signed in the first place".

Only we never sign that second better guy.

Yet another of these cases - "we'll sign this slow, cheap guy now, then later we'll sign a better, more expensive guy who we should've signed in the first place".

Only we never sign that second better guy.

TH/PR can now rely on the excuse we can‘t sign the second better guy because of limited squad numbers.
Obviously never heard of “get it right first time.” (Or are deaf due to cost. 🤫)

I would rather we spent the bulk of any transfer budget we have on the best striker we can get for that money rather than dilute the quality across 3 or 4 others

TH/PR can now rely on the excuse we can‘t sign the second better guy because of limited squad numbers.
Obviously never heard of “get it right first time.” (Or are deaf due to cost. 🤫)
tbf, PR never promises these second, better signings - he'll just present even the duffers he signs as if they're the best signings ever/only signings possible.

It's just a strange belief of some fans that it's OK if we sign a duffer today because we're sure to sign a proper player tomorrow, to play alongside him/cover for him when he's always injured/cover for him coz he's crap.

Never seems to work out like that though.

It baffles me how people think we can get Mcann. It's a sideways step for him. In fact he will probably be backed better in the summer than what he would here. We're no bigger than Hull.

He would be affordable (if Hemmings was pursaduded to pay compensation for someone).

It's been made clear he would be interested and he is being considered.

Frankie would be cheap to get rid of if things don't go well and the advisor knows he can work with him.

I'm not sure how high up the list Ainsworth was but given Wycombes recent form he will now be under serious consideration alongside a few others as those who are pushing for him have more evidence to back his appointment.

I would not be surprised if they don't confirm anything until the end of the month just to see the lay of the land is for a couple of people they like.

Would Lindsay be on a free? I was under the impression he had another year on his Stoke deal tbh.
I think with Bauer returning, we don't really need Lindsay as a signing. But I guess it will depend on what system the reshape will be based on.

Check out an interesting article on the BBC Sport website wondering if Callum Davidson has taken St. Johnstone as far as he can

He would be affordable (if Hemmings was pursaduded to pay compensation for someone).

It's been made clear he would be interested and he is being considered.

Frankie would be cheap to get rid of if things don't go well and the advisor knows he can work with him.

I'm not sure how high up the list Ainsworth was but given Wycombes recent form he will now be under serious consideration alongside a few others as those who are pushing for him have more evidence to back his appointment.

I would not be surprised if they don't confirm anything until the end of the month just to see the lay of the land is for a couple of people they like.

I suspect if it is going to be Frankie we will find out very soon.

He isn’t on a free

I don't see why they'd rush. They presumably can finally talk to other candidates once their seasons finish.

If they have decided it will be Frankie then they will get it done asap so everyone can have a break and they can get on with the huge job of planning for next season.

New contracts for Gally and Thommo to sort out too.

If it isn't going to be Frankie (which I would be surprised) then I agree it would take longer.

If they have decided it will be Frankie then they will get it done asap so everyone can have a break and they can get on with the huge job of planning for next season.

New contracts for Gally and Thommo to sort out too.

If it isn't going to be Frankie (which I would be surprised) then I agree it would take longer.

You'd hope there will be an interview process before they decide if its FM or not?

I’ve been an advocate of Ainsworth & still am. But feel unless the club are prepared to back him then keeping Frankie is probably the best option.

if we’re not prepared to overhaul our defence with genuine quality then I’d say the 5-3-2 is here to stay as it gets results & we’d be solid but not spectacular. I fear for Sinclairs future in that formation as he’s very a much a ‘luxury’ in that formation.

If we sign Lindsay on a permanent it will a clear bellwether of which way we’re heading....

I’d have SVDB & Iversen back for sure.

Barky’s contract needs nailing down now.

As others have said - huge couple of months ahead.....
I have a feeling this will happen....and I agree with you😕

Too often outplayed?
We was the better side v Swansea, Derby, Coventry and Barnsley. That’s already half his matches.
Swansea we scored a 90th minute own goal but our performance deserved that.

Saying Forest were level above us is complete and utter rubbish in my opinion. Brentford were a level above us - we lost 5-0. Forest didn’t win their individual battles when it mattered.
what I've seen is that we are willing to compete and by going direct we have scored goals, but our midfield did not seem able to stop theirs from creating danger, or pose the same threat going forward. FM has got the team to defend better and attack more prolifically, but is the overall play any different? Do we see quality on the ball, or an attacking style? This is why there is debate taking place as how we should play and whether the 3 points is significant in itself.

You'd hope there will be an interview process before they decide if its FM or not?

They will have probably already spoken to out of work managers.

They will also be aware of compensation clauses. If the owner is unwilling to pay compensation it may make the decision easier.