PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who is your gas/electric with and how much do you pay?

Another handy hint, once youve used a price comparison site and found a better deal dont do the transaction through that site, use a site like quidco to get the cahback instead of the price comparison site:

As an example you could easily get these amounts, in your account, as opposed to sites like look after my bills getting the cash.

enrgy.png

Another handy hint, once youve used a price comparison site and found a better deal dont do the transaction through that site, use a site like quidco to get the cahback instead of the price comparison site:

As an example you could easily get these amounts, in your account, as opposed to sites like look after my bills getting the cash.

View attachment 3621
You retired people really do have very little in a day 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

We are with Pure Planet.... 4 bed house but only two adults living in it.

£96 a month in the period November-April dropping to £64 a month from May to October ( we have just had the email advising the new rate )

That covers both gas and electric
Snap, we are with Pure Planet and I think they’ve been pretty good so far. 4 bedroomed detached. £104 November -April. £69.50 May - October. That’s for Leccy and gas. And a lovely new smart meter. We actually

Wife just confirmed those costs, so it’s even cheaper then I actually though.

Last edited:
You retired people really do have very little in a day 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I was thinking the same about my retired brother....... we are trying to sell my Mums old house and in order to start the process we have to complete 4 or 5 forms..... he has spent about a week now nit picking every detail... I feel like saying , just sign the F***ing things.....

Snap, we are with Pure Planet and I think they’ve been pretty good so far. 4 bedroomed detached. £110 November -April. £75 May - October. That’s for Leccy and gas. And a lovely new smart meter.
I must admit my missus is all over it every time our contract is running out and she hasn’t previously found anyone better than pure planet....

I must admit my missus is all over it every time our contract is running out and she hasn’t previously found anyone better than pure planet....
Agree, best deal I’ve found. I’ve just edited the above post as the Mrs said it was less than I’d originally typed. £69.50 in summer, £104 in winter. And she has been working at home for over 12 months now, so heating was on all day, virtually every day up to a couple of weeks ago.

Worth remembering that energy deals are a bit of a postcode lottery as well

Agree, best deal I’ve found. I’ve just edited the above post as the Mrs said it was less than I’d originally typed. £69.50 in summer, £104 in winter. And she has been working at home for over 12 months now, so heating was on all day, virtually every day up to a couple of weeks ago.
Your bills are almost the same as ours HC..... we are 64 and 96

Me and Mrs Ando have been working at home for the last 13 months....

Was with bulb paying £110 a month combined. They told me it will be increasing to £156. Switched to Evolve who were offering a 12 month fixed rate for £113. We live in a 3 bed detached and there are 3 of us here, though my missus works from home at the moment which is probably adding to our electric usage. What do you pay and who with?

I am with Bulb... Just checked on Uswitch and they could hardly better it. A couple of deals would save me 0.13%... not worth the hassle.

I decided to sign up for lookaftermybills, they've just emailed me to say they will switch me to the cheapest deal they can find, which is £26 a month more than the cheapest I've found in less than a minute of searching, thought it sounded too good to be true and will be cancelling the service

View attachment 3621

I won’t use Quidco etc. I see them as bloodsuckers taking money out of the economy for doing sweet FA.

It might feel like easy money but ultimately that money will come from the consumer base as a whole.

I won’t use Quidco etc. I see them as bloodsuckers taking money out of the economy for doing sweet FA.

It might feel like easy money but ultimately that money will come from the consumer base as a whole.

Like when Bulbs "refer a friend and we'll give you both £50" offer is being paid for out of your and your friends monthly direct debits? That sort of zero added value.......?