PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Retained List (Confirmed)

Quite bizarre if so. I think we all assumed it was just another case of meddling from above.

It's notable in his three starts and twelve sub appearances for Ipswich, as a team they scored just one goal whilst he was on the pitch. Every Ipswich report I read about him suggested he made zero impact game after game.

Harrop is 25. I am sure he's very talented in his back garden with no opposition around. But in terms of championship football he's a total liability if he starts. And not exactly a game changer from the bench either.

So, so slow and lightweight. Can't beat a man ever. No defensive awareness. Poor in the tackle. Can't head a ball. His trickery amounts to him messing about with the ball for too long before doing a 5 yard back pass. His creativity is so overblown.

He's been dining out on a Man Utd background and a few long range strikes for far too long. Cos that's all he offers. If we can somehow get him the ball in absolutely acres of space he might score a 25 yarder now and then. And that's about it.

More important than his limited skillset is the fact he can't play in multiple positions. Only as a 10. And only in a 10 as long as the rest of the team make up for his lack of involvement. Playing him anywhere else teams will struggle.

We will be very lucky to move him on without paying most of his wages. Cos there's not much demand for his special brand of over-ratedness.

So you don't rate Harrop then :ROFLMAO:

I thought Harrops loan move to Ipswich could really kick start his career. Sadly he failed to make any good impression there at all. Another League 1 loan move beckons I think.

There's a lot more we need to get rid of yet, Stockley, Earl, Rafferty, Ripley for a start. I wouldn't be concerned if Huntington and Maguire left as well.

I thought Harrops loan move to Ipswich could really kick start his career. Sadly he failed to make any good impression there at all. Another League 1 loan move beckons I think.

There's a lot more we need to get rid of yet, Stockley, Earl, Rafferty, Ripley for a start. I wouldn't be concerned if Huntington and Maguire left as well.
I still think we should persist with Earl, there's something in there I reckon but not had much chance to show it

I’d keep Sinclair, best finisher at the club, only one who can create something from nothing.

Yes he probably isnt suited to a 352 but what about in behind the striker?

Also will we play 352? Surely not all season there will be times we have to change and adapt. To base all of our players on 1 formation is asking for trouble.

Quite bizarre if so. I think we all assumed it was just another case of meddling from above.

It's notable in his three starts and twelve sub appearances for Ipswich, as a team they scored just one goal whilst he was on the pitch. Every Ipswich report I read about him suggested he made zero impact game after game.

Harrop is 25. I am sure he's very talented in his back garden with no opposition around. But in terms of championship football he's a total liability if he starts. And not exactly a game changer from the bench either.

So, so slow and lightweight. Can't beat a man ever. No defensive awareness. Poor in the tackle. Can't head a ball. His trickery amounts to him messing about with the ball for too long before doing a 5 yard back pass. His creativity is so overblown.

He's been dining out on a Man Utd background and a few long range strikes for far too long. Cos that's all he offers. If we can somehow get him the ball in absolutely acres of space he might score a 25 yarder now and then. And that's about it.

More important than his limited skillset is the fact he can't play in multiple positions. Only as a 10. And only in a 10 as long as the rest of the team make up for his lack of involvement. Playing him anywhere else teams will struggle.

We will be very lucky to move him on without paying most of his wages. Cos there's not much demand for his special brand of over-ratedness.
.....yeah but nobody's perfect 😊

I’d keep Sinclair, best finisher at the club, only one who can create something from nothing.

Yes he probably isnt suited to a 352 but what about in behind the striker?

Also will we play 352? Surely not all season there will be times we have to change and adapt. To base all of our players on 1 formation is asking for trouble.

You want him as a fourth number 10?

We can adapt, but you ned to ensure you have adequate numbers to play your preferred formation first, surely- a player and cover for every position.

Problem is who’s gonna take him on loan after the Ipswich farce? If anyone does it’ll have to be in League 2 you’d wager, or maybe one of the teams promoted from there
I don't doubt he may be hard to shift, that wasn't the point I was making though. Just because he may be hard to shift, it doesn't mean we have to find a role for him by playing him out of position (like up front) or playing him instead of better players we've got.

As I said earlier I think he will end up out on loan again with PNE paying a decent amount of his wages. Thankfully, since January the lower league salary cap has been quashed, but most League 1 clubs still won't be able to contribute a great deal to his wages, and they may not want to spend decent wages on him anyway because he's done nothing at that level in the past 4 months.

I just can't see how he continues at PNE or where he fits in to be honest.

It’s a squad game.

You’d have thought there was room for your top scorer.

It is a squad game, and I don't have anything against him being a part of that squad- but I wouldn't fancy paying our top wages to sit on the bench every week, it's just plain wasteful. If he can hack it as a striker, then great. If not, I'm not desperate for him to stay.

Both Browne and DJ, based upon the season just gone, need to pull their collective fingers out.

As it stands, imo, Potts is the #1 in the 10.

People seem quick to jump on Harrop but both Browne & DJ (since they signed their new deals) have by enlarge been dire.

Don't get me wrong with a clean slate Harrop absolutely needs to pull his finger out but he isn't the only one.

The difference is / was Browne seems to get a game no matter what his form is like. DJ as well to a lesser extent.

Harrop would get a game & you were 99% certain that no matter what he did he'd be back on the bench or in the stand the week after.

Nugent should've been given 12 month deal when he signed.

Bodin shouldn't have got that 12 month extension sometime in 2019 when he hadn't shown enough at this level and was already picking up injuries.

Both would've therefore been released last summer.

Nugent shouldn't have been signed at all.

Agree about Bodin though.

AN was, believe it or not, the driving factor behind Harrop getting a new deal.

He’s another one we’ll end up loaning out because no one will match the wages he’s on here, and rightly so.

I find that absolutely incredible TBH.

Genuinely baffling what AN's thought process was there.

People seem quick to jump on Harrop but both Browne & DJ (since they signed their new deals) have by enlarge been dire.

Don't get me wrong with a clean slate Harrop absolutely needs to pull his finger out but he isn't the only one.

The difference is / was Browne seems to get a game no matter what his form is like. DJ as well to a lesser extent.

Harrop would get a game & you were 99% certain that no matter what he did he'd be back on the bench or in the stand the week after.
DJ I agree has been absolutely terrible. No effort all season pretty much which is unlike him.

Browne I will stick up for a bit because he doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going. One week he’s playing right back then number eight then number ten and if you are being switched between a number of positions your performances are going to dip.

He hasn’t played many games as his number ten position under Alex this season. It’s been Potts/molumby/DJ.

The last five games of the season he started as a number ten and I think that was his best form of the season. So that’s his position moving forward not at bloody right back.

Harrop I was quite excited about when he first came to PNE but he just doesn’t seem to have the physicality to play every week. As a midfielder he needs to do more than just score a ‘worldie.’ The number ten position is the most important one for me.

DJ I agree has been absolutely terrible. No effort all season pretty much which is unlike him.

Browne I will stick up for a bit because he doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going. One week he’s playing right back then number eight then number ten and if you are being switched between a number of positions your performances are going to dip.

He hasn’t played many games as his number ten position under Alex this season. It’s been Potts/molumby/DJ.

The last five games of the season he started as a number ten and I think that was his best form of the season. So that’s his position moving forward not at bloody right back.

Harrop I was quite excited about when he first came to PNE but he just doesn’t seem to have the physicality to play every week. As a midfielder he needs to do more than just score a ‘worldie.’ The number ten position is the most important one for me.

I do agree about Browne being shunted about the team but even when he's played in his supposed best position he's not pulled up any trees. Don't get me wrong I like him but he needs to be more consistent especially if he's supposed to be leading by example as the captain.

DJ for me has always been inconsistent, brilliant 1 week & useless the next. He's very rarely had a consistent run of form apart from maybe the period when Rangers were sniffing round him. No doubt about his quality but he needs to pull his finger out.

Harrop as I said I'd like to see get a decent run in the side, for him to have a right go & prove he's good enough for this division. I'm not sure any of that will happen though.

I do agree about Browne being shunted about the team but even when he's played in his supposed best position he's not pulled up any trees. Don't get me wrong I like him but he needs to be more consistent especially if he's supposed to be leading by example as the captain.

DJ for me has always been inconsistent, brilliant 1 week & useless the next. He's very rarely had a consistent run of form apart from maybe the period when Rangers were sniffing round him. No doubt about his quality but he needs to pull his finger out.

Harrop as I said I'd like to see get a decent run in the side, for him to have a right go & prove he's good enough for this division. I'm not sure any of that will happen though.
I just wonder where Harrop would fit in a 3-5-2?? I think nowhere is the answer. Regardless of his ability, I just don't think it would suit him one bit an for that reason, as far as keeping him is concerned, I'm out!!

DJ for me has always been inconsistent
That's why he plays for pne in the championship. He's a class player, his contribution to our football team for the past 6+ years has been exceptional.

Had a poor season no doubt about it, look at the rest of the squad who have also been way below par, but I think some of the support talk about him in such a derogatory way, you're so wrong that he's never had a consistent run of form, he won player of the season last season for one.

That's why he plays for pne in the championship. He's a class player, his contribution to our football team for the past 6+ years has been exceptional.

Had a poor season no doubt about it, look at the rest of the squad who have also been way below par, but I think some of the support talk about him in such a derogatory way, you're so wrong that he's never had a consistent run of form, he won player of the season last season for one.
Well said. A bit of balance after lazy comments about his lack of effort.