PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Message to supporters from Peter Ridsdale.

They act as if loans to Chorley and Brig are top development opportunities. In terms of technical ability you'd probably benefit more from playing U23s against actual good players, rather than in the non-league.

Technical ability isn't what they're trying to learn though, they're supposed to be trying to show they can impact on the men's game, with its physicality and competitive nature.

Good news on the new sponsor & potentially better deals on season tickets though mines already paid for. I'd guess a small reduction, as Peter quite rightly says the club needs its income streams flowing again.

I read the stuff about contracts and finances as just a pre-warning to fans not to expect any money spent this summer, I'm not sure anyone really does expect us to go and spend big. I certainly don't.

You think ST prices will be reduced?

I would genuinely be absolutely amazed if that happens.

The only thing that will be reduced is the number of sales IMHO.

Technical ability isn't what they're trying to learn though, they're supposed to be trying to show they can impact on the men's game, with its physicality and competitive nature.
Sedgy's point is if they're seriously trying to become championship footballers then maybe they should be playing a decent standard, they can pick up this 'mens footy' on Waverley park if required.

One thing is you're good at is being consistently wrong about assuming people want the owner to spend more. When most people are moaning about how boring and demoralising we are to support, how PR is incharge of a lot of things that he's got a track record of failure on, and he gets nowhere near the value out of the investment.

Haha you won't answer but do you think PR dealt with Pearson and Davies well?
I am consistently respecting of other views and am very open to changing my own based on facts

If any other business chose to communicate with their customers in this tone, they wouldn't have any customers left.

Great we've got rid of a Betting Sponsor, but they're likely to be outlawed in the next 2 seasons anyway so we had to go down that route eventually regardless.

It's good that there's communication but the tone and the "we know best" attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

The tone of the statement is a disgrace TBH but it’s how PR talks to people in person.

Doesn’t make it right though obviously.

Couldn't be bothered reading all that. Its almost like he says the crap all the time and its so tedious. Im not even sure what I'm expecting him to say but it would be nice to have something a little different. You see other clubs coming in with these new ideas and employing people to make sound changes which impact infrastructure, finance and better football. We just exist and go through the motions, almost floating around in the abyss.
I don't say you're right or wrong. But you seem to be forgetting (like some others) that PNE are some six million quid short each year. Any constructive ideas who's going to give it to us, if Hemmings was to sling his hook?

You think ST prices will be reduced?

I would genuinely be absolutely amazed if that happens.

The only thing that will be reduced is the number of sales IMHO.
Thought he hinted at that a couple of months back?

Something to do with adapting to how times have changed and how people will have got used to watching games at home.

Sedgy's point is if they're seriously trying to become championship footballers then maybe they should be playing a decent standard, they can pick up this 'mens footy' on Waverley park if required.

Mens football isn't taught in a U23 environment. I'm sure they get the best loans they can.

Mens football isn't taught in a U23 environment. I'm sure they get the best loans they can.
The loans are derisory, like our preseason every year is the same friendlies, no thinking outside the box.
We've no player development pathway, so the youth set up is basically pointless as it is seen as a burden on the first team, yet again evidence of how those in charge view running a championship football club.

All very good Ridsdale. Why don't you forget about telling us what we already know and make sure that we don't have a repeat of last season when you allowed in your position of "advisor", the contracts of Pearson, Davies, Johnson and Browne to run down to within 12 months.

Resign you less than useless moneygrabber,
Do you know that the players you mention were not offered new deals and turned them down. We all know that three of the players at that time wanted out, Davies, Pearson, and Fisher. Brown and DJ were simply after a better deal. You can,t make players renew contracts, you have to try and tempt them to do so and if that does not work, then let them go with our blessing. Oh and by the way Charlie, you haven,t a clue so shut up.

A local non-betting company... I'm curious now.
Are we talking Preston local, Lancashire local, NW local?

UCLAN?
BAE Systems?
Tetrad?

I'm not clued up on big, local companies with clout.

I am looking forward to getting back on though.

I did discuss it with someone quite high up at Uclan once who said they had once considered it.

However, there was far too much politics involved at the university to sign something like that off.

Was a while ago though.

I have worked out who our new shirt sponsor is and why Peter mentions them in every statement.

HMRC.
it'll be a very unique sponsorship arrangement, not many team pay someone to sponsor them, assuming we have paid them? have the club ever announced that we've payed HMRC?

Great we've got rid of a Betting Sponsor, but they're likely to be outlawed in the next 2 seasons anyway so we had to go down that route eventually regardless.

It's good that there's communication but the tone and the "we know best" attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
Yeah, because the supporters that want to throw imaginary money at everything definitely know best.

The loans are derisory, like our preseason every year is the same friendlies, no thinking outside the box.
We've no player development pathway, so the youth set up is basically pointless as it is seen as a burden on the first team, yet again evidence of how those in charge view running a championship football club.

It's a step into professional football. They sink or swim.