PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

10 leaving the Owls

Any potential players that we'd like playing for us at Deepdale next season?
I am no judge of footballers and, frankly, Adam Reach and Jordan Rhodes are the only ones I know anything about.
Would love to hear your thoughts.

They have released:
Joost van Aken Matt Penney
Kadeem Harris Moses Odubajo
Elias Kachunga Joey Pelupessy
Adam Reach Jordan Rhodes
Keiren Westwood Tom Lees

Id take Odubajo. Good age and fits the profile of being able to play right back and wingback.

Hasnt had the best of times at Sheffield Wednesday, but a big upgrade over our current options

He’s only 31, been transferred for 27 million and has 196 league goals.

Must be worse free transfers out there.

He's completely washed though. Hasnt hit double figures or even been a regular starter in 5 years. A lot of his goals come from the penalty spot as well I think.

He also has to play as part of a front 2, as he will do approximately none of the hold up play or pressing required by scentre forwards in modern systems. Think he will be spending a portion of his Huddersfield stay on loan in league 1

He’s only 31, been transferred for 27 million and has 196 league goals.

Must be worse free transfers out there.

He has 24 league goals in the last five seasons. He is way past his prime. His better days were at Blackburn and Huddersfield.

He will probably want big wages too. His big transfer was part of the reason shef Wednesday have been in the mess they have.

First time I saw Rhodes live was the Plastics game in our first season back in Championship.
Even though he scored the winner I was completely underwhelmed by his general contribution to the game, one of the laziest performances I can remember. That 4 year span when everything he touched ended up in the net was something else and the Plastics still love him, but he really has been stealing a living ever since he left Ewood.

Strange one with Rhodes, he was dynamite for a good few years, didn't he score a hat trick for Huddersfield against us at their place once?

Then he seems to have just gone very, very shit.

He has 24 league goals in the last five seasons. He is way past his prime. His better days were at Blackburn and Huddersfield.

He will probably want big wages too. His big transfer was part of the reason shef Wednesday have been in the mess they have.
Believe he was on high wages , & they'd be wanting a inevitable clear out facing League 1 next season ? .

Even if they hadn't had six points deducted it's debatable whether they'd have stayed up ?

Some sky high admission prices there if I remember right and the owners were non apologetic ?

Remember even Radio Lancashire saying his goals kept the Plastics in the Championship

He didn't really do much , but had a knack of scoring . However as someone said there's more modern systems now & less demand for an old fashioned No. 9 ? .

There was a bit of a carry on before he got his move to Boro , who did go up with the Dingles .

I remember Simon Grayson before he was sacked , saying that Huddersfield had too high expectations for a promoted League 1 team who'd lost their top scorer - bottom six championship would be more realistic considering .

Anyway the local rag there https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-emulate-jordan-rhodes-20666291