PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Preston Underground (New Supporters Group)

Fair play but pointless under the current ownership, complete disdain for the fans.

If done well and done properly this can only be a good thing.

I do however share the same concerns as @Thracia in terms of inclusion and transparency. To be clear though, I'm not accusing Preston Underground of this, happily waiting to have my concerns allayed.

Following other fan lead initiatives becoming a bit unclear with regards to their standing, I just hope this fan group will prove to be truly for good of the fans and not a self serving exercise for the few.

The fact that the group is apparently "invitation only" seems to run a bit counter to their emphasis on diversity and a collective voice, etc.

Do we know what any of their other "very positive initiatives" are, or are they being kept "underground" for now?
Certainly not invitation only but to keep things managable people decided to keep the group small initially and to restrict social media at first, it can kill things dead.
Hopefully a forthcoming social will allay yours and others fears.
We are simply trying to.improve ours yours and everyones matchday experience.
UTW

Certainly not invitation only but to keep things managable people decided to keep the group small initially and to restrict social media at first, it can kill things dead.
UTW
I actually think that's quite sensible. Too many cooks, particularly initially can be counter-productive, although as others have said you do need enough people involved to keep the momentum going. I wish them the best of luck.

I actually think that's quite sensible. Too many cooks, particularly initially can be counter-productive, although as others have said you do need enough people involved to keep the momentum going. I wish them the best of luck.
Its not a 'them' its
Its not a 'them' its an 'us' we can seriously all be a part of this.

Woah folks, let’s just slow down and think about this... and before anyone seeks to tell me how flawed my thoughts are, please note the content of paragraphs 5 8 9

People like these genuinely worry me. Not to put too fine a point on it, just who the **** do they think they are? In all the above there are no names and no indications of how many people are involved and who they are.

For some bizarre reason, a group stating they want to bring about openness and inclusivity decide to call themselves ‘Preston Underground’ which implies some sort of dark political resistance movement! They think it is a good idea to launch themselves, like a rabbit from a hat, armed with a ‘mission statement’ and send the privately owned company (PNE) a pretty snotty letter inviting themselves to the top table claiming to have the answers for PNE management failings they have identified! FFS

Tbh Ridsdale, and particularly TH have every right to tell them where to stuff their mission statement and their dodgy plagiarised logo.

There is undoubtedly a role for an informed fans group to act as a bridge between club and fans. Such a group would massively reduce the bullshit and speculation seen in most of the threads on here, and allow the clear communication we would like.

That said, some bunch of anonymous self appointed delusional smart arses taking sound bites out of a 90s management manual does not appear to be the way forward to me. As Thracia pointed out, starting off by telling the Twitter world you are looking to hold TH / PR to account is pitiful.

Lets be clear, these characters (whoever they are) do not (and will not) represent the likes of me. I will wager the average attendance has more like me than them although I stand to be corrected as it is an opinion based on the balance of probability rather than clear evidence.

If we want a fans group recognised by the club, it‘s creation needs to be worked on WITH the club and involve credible people.

Subject to their own thoughts, I would be supportive of such a group if it involved the likes of the FTF podcast people and John Roper who are thinkers, fans and above all CREDIBLE

UTW
Well done JB .... much needed initiative.

If I see any mention of a five year plan then shut it down!!

I was thinking the same. It all sounds very Voldemort.

I wouldn't worry he is a one man supporters group... the only fan I've ever known be banned from both clubs and supporters groups forums.

Wouldn't put it past him starting one up by himself and claiming that he's got German investors at the ready.