PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Preston Underground (New Supporters Group)

They've just tried to whip up some interest in my opinion. Like I say I still have reservations myself, but remain open minded till we have more information.
It’s good to be open minded it could be a platform for supporters to express their concerns. Do you think this could signal a change in thinking at the club to put us on the right track? There are many points the group could put forward, let’s just hope it doesn’t hit the buffers before it leaves the station.😂

It’s good to be open minded it could be a platform for supporters to express their concerns. Do you think this could signal a change in thinking at the club to put us on the right track? There are many points the group could put forward, let’s just hope it doesn’t hit the buffers before it leaves the station.😂
Superb!

Well why not organise one such group I bet its really easy?
Or perhaps easier give these people a chance ?
Again opinion only
like I said, I agree with the idea of having more of an influence at the club, but as far as i can tell, this is a small group of fans who think they have all the ideas without consulting the majority of fans, surely this sort of thing needs to have some sort of a fan survey rather than just going to the club claiming to speak for the majority

A supporters group having more of an influence at the club can only be a good thing, but not sure about this 'Preston underground' thing (who came up with that ridiculous name?)
Seems to have been thought out by a small group of fans without any prior knowledge of the majority of fans, id rather have an elected fan representative on the board like some other clubs have who speaks for all fans and if they aren't doing a good job at it, the fans can vote them out and replace them
Again opinion
Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear

My purely personal stance on alleged ‘fans’ groups is that they belong in the stands. There seems to be a belief a football club is a bit like a school having to answer to a board of governors. It isn’t.

We, the fans, lost our right to formally question the powers that be at PNE when the majority of our number sold our shares to TH and sanctioned its return to private unaccountable ownership.

And now we have this ‘initiative’ trying to have an influence allegedly on our behalf.

If JB and his buds want a say, they should get some finance and offer to buy in.

IMHO of course
I understand it to be a group open to all who were perhaps fed up, frustrated disilusioned and thought just perhaps a group voice may get a better response and help matchdays. Good idea?
Thats it as I see it.
They havent claimed anything but are trying to help the club improve matchday at Deepdale. Good idea?
Me, disregard me, meet me, whatever. I am just a fan.
But why so anti ?
Someone put 'hard to reconcile' and a laughing emoji is too much?
Really guys its a fans group nothing more.
Fans of a club with in effect no voice.
Our club?

Again opinion only
You seem to think it’s easy enough. You just get your mates round, decide you are the voice of the people, send PR a snotogram and whack a few posts on Twitter. Simples

If you contact the club claiming to represent the fans, you must surely first consult the fans? Even if you had just put a poll up on here it would have been something.

If you had done anything like that maybe you would have been worth the ‘chance’ you speak of. But you didn’t, did you? You have bizarrely just set about talking in the belief the masses are behind you.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Where has anyone claimed to represent the masses?
Do you drink? No seriously, chill think about it , ts not tbe messiah, its a fans group.
I will certainly go to their first open meeting and bet we actually arent miles apart in our support.
Peace may break out?

Look i can only give you my opinion, i will eat breakfast with you, have a pint with you or share a private message with you. I have explained my stance clearly on here its a new fans group. Im a fan why not give it a chance?
Maybe thats why they took the low social media profile initially?
Avoiding nonsense. 😁

White Horse 44. I have no doubt your intentions are proper, and as I put in my post #30, there is a need for such a function. It is a shame it appeared far too soon and in this manner. Good luck

Again opinion
Im not interested in organising such a group, got too much going on in life to spend time on it, but as Tuesday Nights said, its not hard to put a post on here or other social media platforms gathering fans opinions and thoughts before going to the club and announcing their intentions
as i have said previously, i think in principle a fans group is a good idea, just think more thought should have been put into this before announcing it in this way

The choice of name and logo design both seem ill conceived and the statement itself could have been much better. Having an anonymous "one voice" to speak for us all is pretty strange imo.

That said, I think we do need an active group to represent our beleaguered fan-base. So, I'm happy something is brewing.

But I don't really understand why a fanzone is the number one aim at launch. After the last 18 months local hospitality venues need our support more than ever. Match-day revenue for some establishments is vital. Why try to eat away at their income?

Pre game and half time entertainment done on a low budget is never gonna be very entertaining. The club are simply not gonna blow big money on this stuff. The old adage "do you want a training ground or a 10m striker" will become "do you want a fanzone or a 500k league one striker punt".

The statement suggests the group's aim is to make us less reliant financially on Hemmings. A fanzone won't have any effect on that. Possibly the opposite once you take into account licencing, insurance, stewarding, policing etc.

I assume next up on the agenda will be to demand cheaper ticket prices, to increase attendances. Another idea which would risk costing hemmings more money. That debate will never die obviously, but I assume that is what the group will be pushing for ahead of 2022/23.

The onus on being "positive" that is littered throughout the statement also concerns me as it's important for any fans group to be able to challenge the club on its decisions. I would hope they'd be wiling to be negative too, if needs arise.

Cos if things do turn ugly and we face a real relegation battle in the next season or two, no one will care about flags, balloons, face painting and whether stone roses is being played as the teams walk out.

We will need to start challenging the club on whether we need new blood in control of the key decision making. This new group can't just become another soft ally for the club to use to peddle their ever growing "we need to be happy with mediocrity" position.

Good luck to you all anyway. With Ridsdale and Hemmings around you're gonna need some I think.

PS My main question for the group. Is "music after goals" ever gonna be on the agenda? Cos if that is part of the agenda I'll be actively campaigning against this group!! ;)

Im not interested in organising such a group, got too much going on in life to spend time on it, but as Tuesday Nights said, its not hard to put a post on here or other social media platforms gathering fans opinions and thoughts before going to the club and announcing their intentions
as i have said previously, i think in principle a fans group is a good idea, just think more thought should have been put into this before announcing it in this way
Everyone has a lot going on but good input. Appreciated
These guys are trying (yes very) perhaps we all should?

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear

My purely personal stance on alleged ‘fans’ groups is that they belong in the stands. There seems to be a belief a football club is a bit like a school having to answer to a board of governors. It isn’t.

We, the fans, lost our right to formally question the powers that be at PNE when the majority of our number sold our shares to TH and sanctioned its return to private unaccountable ownership.

And now we have this ‘initiative’ trying to have an influence allegedly on our behalf.

If JB and his buds want a say, they should get some finance and offer to buy in.

IMHO of course
Agree with parts of this.

I fear that a supporters group would radiate a sense of self-entitlement, and would potentially kick off when something that they believe to be good is not put into practice.

Having said that, if it could act as an intermediary between the fans and the club, then I'd be all for it.

People are to quick to critiisise.I think credit must go to white horse and the others involved.the club has stagnated for years and the apathy from the fans is stinking the place out.Those involved are all loyal North end fans of many years,why not get behind them and see if they can change things for the better.What have we to lose.

People are to quick to critiisise.I think credit must go to white horse and the others involved.the club has stagnated for years and the apathy from the fans is stinking the place out.Those involved are all loyal North end fans of many years,why not get behind them and see if they can change things for the better.What have we to lose.

Woah folks, let’s just slow down and think about this... and before anyone seeks to tell me how flawed my thoughts are, please note the content of paragraphs 5 8 9

People like these genuinely worry me. Not to put too fine a point on it, just who the **** do they think they are? In all the above there are no names and no indications of how many people are involved and who they are.

For some bizarre reason, a group stating they want to bring about openness and inclusivity decide to call themselves ‘Preston Underground’ which implies some sort of dark political resistance movement! They think it is a good idea to launch themselves, like a rabbit from a hat, armed with a ‘mission statement’ and send the privately owned company (PNE) a pretty snotty letter inviting themselves to the top table claiming to have the answers for PNE management failings they have identified! FFS

Tbh Ridsdale, and particularly TH have every right to tell them where to stuff their mission statement and their dodgy plagiarised logo.
Hi Peter......

As I mentioned earlier, if they told us what their (our?) list of "very positive initiatives" are, we'd know what we were being asked to support, and we could make an informed choice.

Hard to blindly get behind something that might involve ideas some of us don't agree with (as Dreyfuss suggests, goal music should be a deal-breaker for anyone!).

This isn't "criticism" BTW, this is just obvious. "Get behind us, we'll give you the agenda later" is not likely to get them (us?) very far.

There isn’t a template on how to start a supporters group but there’s a massive void at our club and I wish them all the very best. All we’ve had in recent years to hold the custodian of OUR club to account have been the fantasy forums....enough said.