PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Season Tickets (Confirmed Details pg5. Post 100)

It's a bit unfair blaming the club for various pubs shutting down.

Away days will ALWAYS generate a better "match day experience" as it starts, London trips especially, from the early hours of the morning (6am).

Regards a FanZone - which I presume will be outdoors - in decent weather, like this week, it will do well but come late October - March, I cannot see it doing well at all due to the weather.

People will either remain at home until it's time to leave for the game or remain inside their town pub of choice in the warmth.
My point though JD, is wouldn't you swap the frequently benign atmosphere at Deepdale now for what we had back in the 90's? Win, lose or draw - it was a great place to be back then.

Nowadays, most of the time, there's only the result which renders it a good day. The quality of performance on the pitch has been stomach churningly dreadful for a long time.

Away days are the nearest thing we'll get to a good atmosphere (barring the visits of local rivals).

My point though JD, is wouldn't you swap the frequently benign atmosphere at Deepdale now for what we had back in the 90's? Win, lose or draw - it was a great place to be back then.

Nowadays, most of the time, there's only the result which renders it a good day. The quality of performance on the pitch has been stomach churningly dreadful for a long time.

Away days are the nearest thing we'll get to a good atmosphere (barring the visits of local rivals).
I think - no, I actually know - that the key element of the brilliant atmosphere in the 90s (apart from the cheap price and winning football - we can surely accommodate the latter once more) was the ability to stand as one during the game.

Safe Standing would undoubtedly make a massive massive difference imo.

It's a bit unfair blaming the club for various pubs shutting down.

Away days will ALWAYS generate a better "match day experience" as it starts, London trips especially, from the early hours of the morning (6am).

Regards a FanZone - which I presume will be outdoors - in decent weather, like this week, it will do well but come late October - March, I cannot see it doing well at all due to the weather.

People will either remain at home until it's time to leave for the game or remain inside their town pub of choice in the warmth.

It certainly isn't the clubs fault the pubs shut.

However they have shut which hasn't helped to the match day feel around Deepdale.

It's stale and dull, you can go past Deepdale at 2pm on a Saturday and not know we had a home game.

I even remember them doing a pie and a pint deal between 1.30 and 2. Rock up early, meet up with fellow fans get in the feel of it a bit more.

Yes results delicate the feel and mood to a point but we have to recognise as the new group state, its no longer acceptable just to say Deepdale is the biggest building in Preston and expect folk to turn up.

It's about about generating income and revenue for the club btw.

I do agree 100% safe standing would help with the atmosphere but with Hemmings as owner I'd say the chance of them paying the conversation is zero.

I think - no, I actually know - that the key element of the brilliant atmosphere in the 90s (apart from the cheap price and winning football - we can surely accommodate the latter once more) was the ability to stand as one during the game.

Safe Standing would undoubtedly make a massive massive difference imo.
Certainly agree with your comments on safe standing. Alas, I don't see that happening at Deepdale anytime soon 😔

Have I got it right that as a season ticket holder for both seasons who chose option 3 I will get a 45 quid refund off my ticket? Had to read it a few times.

Have I got it right that as a season ticket holder for both seasons who chose option 3 I will get a 45 quid refund off my ticket? Had to read it a few times.
if you chose option 3 you can either get the refund paid back to you OR you can leave it against your name and use the money to pay off tickets for cup games or away tickets this season... until your refund runs out.

Thats what I have chosen to do.

All other options get discounts off what they will have to pay whereas we have nothing to pay.

if you chose option 3 you can either get the refund paid back to you OR you can leave it against your name and use the money to pay off tickets for cup games or away tickets this season... until your refund runs out.

Thats what I have chosen to do.

All other options get discounts off what they will have to pay whereas we have nothing to pay.

You have proper confused me with this post.

I chose option three and carried over my money.

However, I moved to the BSK for the season that never happened. Which meant I paid 400 instead of 475.

Therefore from Monday I expect to have to pay 45 which is the 475 minus the 30 and 15 loyalty bonuses to move back to my original seat in the IPS.

Unless I have completely misunderstood the offer

However, I moved to the BSK for the season that never happened. Which meant I paid 400 instead of 475.

Therefore from Monday I expect to have to pay 45 which is the 475 minus the 30 and 15 loyalty bonuses to move back to my original seat in the IPS.

I'm dead confused. Feel free to blame it on the rum tonight, but how did you buy a season ticket in the Kop end?

I'm dead confused. Feel free to blame it on the rum tonight, but how did you buy a season ticket in the Kop end?

We could pick any stand last season as there was going to be no away fans.

JK

I've know idea what would have happened had we changed stands.... its bad enough changing age bands and U11 / disabled statuses.....

I just know Hannah is sorting it out for me nexst week and my 'spare refubnd' will be held against my name!

Was it ever said that season ticket seats from 2019/20 would be saved if you didn't renew for 2020/21? My friend is saying that's the case but I'm not 100% certain. Is this right? Thanks in advance.

Was it ever said that season ticket seats from 2019/20 would be saved if you didn't renew for 2020/21? My friend is saying that's the case but I'm not 100% certain. Is this right? Thanks in advance.
Dont know if it was promised because they couldnt promise those who did buy 2020/21 could have there own seats due to Social distancing measures..... WE chose option 3 and all they could promise was tickets 'very near too' our usual ones (dependant on take up).

The new scheme does seem to reserve your 2019 seats for next season.....so presumably they ddnt allocate them to 2020/21 buyers...

Thanks all for the responses - done some digging on mypne and they are reserved, so all is well. Hoping to move over a block away from the noisy chunt sat behind me so going to renew and hope some seats become available further down the line for a swap 🙏