PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who agrees with Ben Pearson’s view on our transfer policy?

Yeah and there was an interesting tension there, and partly explains why we don’t do this. He said if you paid the extra to get a McGeady, Toney or Moore in to get you over the line then players are willing to accept the pay differential. But then he clearly had reservations about Sinclair coming in on bigger money. I think on the surface it appears to make sense to pay a bit more for the odd player that can take you up but it doesn’t work if you haven’t got the overall quality in the squad there. Toney added a bit extra to an already good Brentford squad, Moore hasn’t made the difference to Cardiff.
Re Toney and Moore the former is a far better player overall and is a lot more than just a striker.Never rated Moore and it’s ironic that he is now at Cardiff with his nemesis manager.

Sorry ok , spend more and fail = bigger debt

So? If you're pissing money away anyway, wouldn't you like a chance at getting it back? The respective levels make no difference to his life.

Personally, I want him to run us like a business and try to make sure we have assets and a path to profitability. But the status quo is wasteful and no joy to anyone.

Preston fans are massive hypocrites, they slag him off when he joined Bournemouth and said they had better players, then they join in and agree with him for saying the same thing in a different way just cos it’s on a PNE podcast.

You can't really argue with that unfortunately.

Pearson got slaughtered on here with that 1st interview he did when he signed for Bournemouth.

So? If you're pissing money away anyway, wouldn't you like a chance at getting it back? The respective levels make no difference to his life.

Personally, I want him to run us like a business and try to make sure we have assets and a path to profitability. But the status quo is wasteful and no joy to anyone.
Understand what you’re saying bud , just don’t have time right now to debate it out

They still have a far better chance than us of promotion though.
i think we both have no hope but i guess if you want to grade that then yes id put them at 10/1 and us at 15/1 for promotion.

when they dont go up this year then next year is where their wheels come off.

Even when Derek was his puppet & since he became owner Trevor Hemmings we have always failed to build upon success. It's happened on several occasions.

We then sell all our best players.

Sadly nothing Ben Pearson says comes as a shock.

As its been alluded to elsewhere it just confirms what people have been saying on this forum for years.

It's standard fayre for a player to come out with guff, arse kissing their new club and say how wonderful the players and fans are...lm not silly and completely understand that. He's hardly going to criticise Bournemouth is he.

What is unusual and interesting for me, is that Ben has come out and given his thoughts about his time at PNE without any gain for himself. It was a good listen and an interesting if not groundbreaking interview. He's only saying what we've been saying for years, not investing when we need a final push.

With regards to running down his contract, why not? Wouldn't we all do the same in his position if you were not offered a decent deal or already knew you wanted a new challenge? He has no affiliation to PNE, they were his employers at the time.

In my opinion, he came across very well and it was a good interview.

We're just a Boring grim club. We really could do with a new owner. Someone to excite us slightly. Even if it's just an interview 🤣🤣. Boring pne
Sorry Micky , but , “promotion and cash aside” I have had some belting away days and some cracking home games over the last few years , most admittedly under Grayson

Even when Derek was his puppet & since he became owner Trevor Hemmings we have always failed to build upon success. It's happened on several occasions.

We then sell all our best players.

Sadly nothing Ben Pearson says comes as a shock.

As its been alluded to elsewhere it just confirms what people have been saying on this forum for years.
There's only one story in town imo, total confirmation and exposure of what we all have known for years. The club have a lot of questions to answer, as from my point of view everything that's been debated and speculated upon (especially on here) for years is true. @Jack Daniels often posts that poster associating pne with premier league ambitions, we now all know, confirmed in the last two @FTF with savage and Pearson it's one fellas trainset and the fat controller telling us all to shut up and be grateful.

Big questions for the club jk, we're all nobbers and will always be but right now there's frankly nothing to get bought into and infact it could quickly turn toxic.

Sorry Micky , but , “promotion and cash aside” I have had some belting away days and some cracking home games over the last few years , most admittedly under Grayson
Yes I've also had good away days and the league 1 play off but generally under hemmings , we're just a boring stagnent club. Constantly telling us Premier league is the aim .

There's only one story in town imo, total confirmation and exposure of what we all have known for years. The club have a lot of questions to answer, as from my point of view everything that's been debated and speculated upon (especially on here) for years is true. @Jack Daniels often posts that poster associating pne with premier league ambitions, we now all know, confirmed in the last two @FTF with savage and Pearson it's one fellas trainset and the fat controller telling us all to shut up and be grateful.

Big questions for the club jk, we're all nobbers and will always be but right now there's frankly nothing to get bought into and infact it could quickly turn toxic.
Am not disagreeing with what you’re saying , but , let’s say Th pulls out , what then ?

Am not disagreeing with what you’re saying , but , let’s say Th pulls out , what then ?

Then he sells the club and we move on? Or he doesn't- nout we can do about it is there? Trev forced the sale of the club and took on the responsibility. Our job as the fans and customers is to tell the ownership what we want. Not to shine his shoes. He treats the club as a charity project, not a business, and that's why we're falling away again.