PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Test Cricket 2021

Not sure what to make of it all to be honest. I suppose it's a question of who can hold their hands up and say they've never been a total div at some point in their lives

Social Media just exacerbates the issue
I shudder when I think about some of the things I did and said when I was 18 ( not racist or sexist by the way )

I said elsewhere on the thread that he should be given a two match man and a hefty fine and then let’s move on

I shudder when I think about some of the things I did and said when I was 18 ( not racist or sexist by the way )

I said elsewhere on the thread that he should be given a two match man and a hefty fine and then let’s move on
Think this should be the next quiz. What's the worst thing you've done. Christ, this is going to take me some time!!

Once got frogmarched by the Coppers to the flat of the Reverend of Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral. There was some dispute over a missing Shoulder of Pork (not a euphemism). Completely exonerated and had afternoon tea with the Vic next day.

Nice bit of Pork though!!

Once got frogmarched by the Coppers to the flat of the Reverend of Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral. There was some dispute over a missing Shoulder of Pork (not a euphemism). Completely exonerated and had afternoon tea with the Vic next day.

Nice bit of Pork though!!
...and so it begins...

Not sure what to make of it all to be honest. I suppose it's a question of who can hold their hands up and say they've never been a total div at some point in their lives

Social Media just exacerbates the issue

Sporting bodies and clubs seem intent on digging a bit of a hole for themselves.

We had 11 white, mostly posh, lads supposedly doing their bit for equality at Lord’s and footballers taking the knee who’ve been up to all sorts over lockdown.

The Azeem Rafiq affair rumbles (slowly) on too. Not sure what will come of that. May not reflect well on YCCC.

Although ironically he had a massive Twitter pop at John Abrahams when he dropped him from England u19's. As the old adage goes they were rapidly taken down. As the other old adage goes, you just don't get it mate do you

Dom Bess and Rory Burns have deleted their twitter accounts, not saying they are guilty of anything.

Bess has somehow been picked for the England squad for the next test. Obviously none of the selectors watched the last Roses match. 14 wickets at 41 this season

Burns got into trouble over the winter when he had a Twitter spat with one of the lady players.

Any muck-raking journo worth his salt would no doubt look closely at the player who’s just been called up to replace the naughty one......

Dom Bess and Rory Burns have deleted their twitter accounts, not saying they are guilty of anything.

Bess has somehow been picked for the England squad for the next test. Obviously none of the selectors watched the last Roses match. 14 wickets at 41 this season
They probably think this deletes everything they've ever written.

Mind boggles

Although no idea what they've written to be honest. Rory Burns may once have put out there " why do I look at mid wicket just before the ball's bowled. Can anyone help?"

They probably think this deletes everything they've ever written.

Mind boggles

Although no idea what they've written to be honest. Rory Burns may once have put out there " why do I look at mid wicket just before the ball's bowled. Can anyone help?"

I used to look at mid wicket after every time I got a bat on it.

Does Ollie Robinson think;

1. Thanks Dom you've taken some heat off here
2. Thanks Dom you've made things a whole lot worse

I read tonight on Twitter that the ECB should or will be looking into tweets by Eion Morgan , Jos Butler re tweets from around 18/19 & maybe James Anderson
ECB to take 'appropriate action' over England players' historical tweets as more emerge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57407788
If James Anderson has any dodgy tweets in his cupboard, he's hardly going to have the excuse that he was only a teenager when he wrote them!