PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who agrees with Ben Pearson’s view on our transfer policy?

we had our chance to start being a little more like Brentford too after the hugill sale. Could and should have signed moore but instead went for stockley.
Short term moore was a larger outlay but long term would have repaid the club more handsomely etc. Stockley overall will simply cost and add the the loss factor.

Keiffer Moore's next move will be to a Burnley or Newcastle for circa £20mil. Seriously missed the boat there, all for an extra £200k when the player wanted to come and apparently had agreed terms.

Just because he didn't say that he loves every Preston fan doesn't mean he doesn't respect them.

To me he sounded like I think I'd sound if I played for us. Our away support is brilliant as he said but our home support is shit.

Deepdale is far too nice a place to come for away sides. We're too accommodating. From the facilities given to away sides to the massive ticket allocations. It goes back to the thread about the Lashers. Give them 2k tickets at £40 and make them get changed on the bus. We're too fucking soft and that's why we'll never go anywhere until it changes.

He will have wanted Deepdale to be a horrible place for teams to come and he'd have thrived off it.

Whereas Bournemouth is a seething pit of unbridled passion of course.

Think someone shook their walking stick at me last time I went.

Pearson is far from my hero.
But to pretend what a senior expro says about the footballing side of the football club as irrelevant, which is the main job, is imo is pathetic and you deserve the club you get by backing it.
What the @FTF podcasts and investigative journalism has done is make speculation from some outside voices maybe, reality, fact, and something to be addressed by the leadership.

We've been overtaken, wasn't much to overtake to be fair, by clubs with a plan a strategy an approach that makes us look Jurassic.

Who said it was irrelevant?

Is it a surprise? No.

Will anything change? No

Does Hemmings care? No.

I 100% agree with everything he says.
Never understood why we don’t make the effort when we need a bit of a push to go up, yet make huge efforts to stop us going down!

Just been listening this morning, I think what he is saying is right and it resonates with a lot of North End fans but when we ask for an extra couple of million to get us to the Prem (Should everything else goes swimmingly).

My question is when does it end?
If we got to the Premier League then we'd be asking to spend more on players to keep us there etc. Whether that money will be made back from money earned back from being in the Premier League.

Also I really enjoyed football when it wasn't always about money.
Its probably because when I was a kid I didn't understand how money could influence the game as much - It was simply down to our 11 and substitutions being better than our opponents 11 and substitutions.

I think a lot of what he said was very honest but at the same time hit a nerve ... the contract situations, the signings - people say we don't want to upset the apple cart with wages etc yet Pearo said pay that main man the extra cash- it is there in black and white. Darnell's situation etc

The one thing I didn't like was the mention of home support ... stadium too big for us thing. Yes we are not a fabulously supported club but those 10k that turn up at Deepdale week in week out are die hard supporters of a club in the middle of numerous huge Premier league clubs ... we support our local club, despite its many shortcomings and that should not be sniffed at imo

I think a lot of what he said was very honest but at the same time hit a nerve ... the contract situations, the signings - people say we don't want to upset the apple cart with wages etc yet Pearo said pay that main man the extra cash- it is there in black and white. Darnell's situation etc

The one thing I didn't like was the mention of home support ... stadium too big for us thing. Yes we are not a fabulously supported club but those 10k that turn up at Deepdale week in week out are die hard supporters of a club in the middle of numerous huge Premier league clubs ... we support our local club, despite its many shortcomings and that should not be sniffed at imo
It’s still a shit atmosphere, he’s not wrong to point it out

Yo-Yo club 😂🤣😂
Brought through players like Mason Holgate and John Stones

This hasn't aged well , still Big Fat Sam has a 100 % record as a England manager 😏

Just because he didn't say that he loves every Preston fan doesn't mean he doesn't respect them.

To me he sounded like I think I'd sound if I played for us. Our away support is brilliant as he said but our home support is shit.

Deepdale is far too nice a place to come for away sides. We're too accommodating. From the facilities given to away sides to the massive ticket allocations. It goes back to the thread about the Lashers. Give them 2k tickets at £40 and make them get changed on the bus. We're too fucking soft and that's why we'll never go anywhere until it changes.

He will have wanted Deepdale to be a horrible place for teams to come and he'd have thrived off it.
Comment by a Rotherham fan during the League One playoff semi finals , Preston are like an old aunt , too nice . their then manager Steve Evans certainly wasn't

Everyone had a good laugh at his size , looking like a Shearings Coach driver in his blazer and XXL grey trousers ; that had stopped at too many Motorway services and stripped the shelves of Ginsters pasties and lucozade bottles or been in too many Greasy Spoon cafes on A roads , but they had the last laugh .

I get filling the BSK with the ' big ' Yorkshire and Midlands clubs and they'd be spending money in the town , but yes too soft with the Donkey Botherers . Ironically they want their ground extended for the Championship and think that the ' temporary stand ' is inadequate .

McGeady was blamed by the hireacy at Deepdale for turning the heads of several of our better players and was one of the reasons we never made a serious attempt to bring him back.
Could well imagine that , the Secret Footballer book ( s ) the ' bitter ' old pro having too much of an influence and / or having too much to say ?

Another season in League One for Sunderland

I have listened to both parts of Pearo's Podcast interview & do somewhat agree with his statement on our transfer policy. He has only really reiterated what many of us have known & felt for decades. On the podcast overall. It's quite a good listen. I just feel that the interviewer was so far up Pearo's arse that he failed to grasp opportunities to take him to task on a few issues. Particularly around his attitude towards the end of his time at PNE.... Never mind !

Interesting to see what bits people take from the 2 Pods, Ben states that "if we did take a punt on a highly paid player, but that player doesn't do his job, everyone would be wanting a pay rise to match".
He implies that any top player coming to a club like North end must have something wrong with him. Sinclair
He also states all the players being on a similar wage helps with team moral.
Good to hear his side but im sure there are 2 sides... He found it funny knocking in an own goal in training and celebrating in front of AN, then being disappointed when asked not to come in.

the bit i wanted more on was his thoughts around FM being manager, the pod seemed to edit them out imo

Interesting to see what bits people take from the 2 Pods, Ben states that "if we did take a punt on a highly paid player, but that player doesn't do his job, everyone would be wanting a pay rise to match".
He implies that any top player coming to a club like North end must have something wrong with him. Sinclair
He also states all the players being on a similar wage helps with team moral.
Good to hear his side but im sure there are 2 sides... He found it funny knocking in an own goal in training and celebrating in front of AN, then being disappointed when asked not to come in.

the bit i wanted more on was his thoughts around FM being manager, the pod seemed to edit them out imo
Yes... All points raised on the Podcast that he could have been taken to task about. But the interviewer either failed to do so, or it was edited out. His attitude seemed poor towards the end & I feel that AN was ultimately right to exclude him & focus on the players that wanted to stay & contribute. All in all, Pearo comes across as any typical footballer. Himself & his career first with no real affinity with his employers. I think the time was ripe for him to move on & I wish him success. I dont think Bournemouth was the right choice of club though

Yes... All points raised on the Podcast that he could have been taken to task about. But the interviewer either failed to do so, or it was edited out. His attitude seemed poor towards the end & I feel that AN was ultimately right to exclude him & focus on the players that wanted to stay & contribute. All in all, Pearo comes across as any typical footballer. Himself & his career first with no real affinity with his employers. I think the time was ripe for him to move on & I wish him success. I dont think Bournemouth was the right choice of club though
For all he made some comments that confirm the thoughts of many, and I found it gave some insights, I got a strong feeling he was never really invested in the club. he is very much driven by his own desire to win but came across as not being like say a Gallagher, Huntington or Browne who clearly to me are pne through and through. He even said in the podcast he didn’t know much about the fans and I don’t think he was that interested in them. Don’t get me wrong, he was a good performer for us but his true colours showed towards the end. theres a way to exit and he didn’t choose it - at least he admitted he has learned from it.

For all he made some comments that confirm the thoughts of many, and I found it gave some insights, I got a strong feeling he was never really invested in the club. he is very much driven by his own desire to win but came across as not being like say a Gallagher, Huntington or Browne who clearly to me are pne through and through. He even said in the podcast he didn’t know much about the fans and I don’t think he was that interested in them. Don’t get me wrong, he was a good performer for us but his true colours showed towards the end. theres a way to exit and he didn’t choose it - at least he admitted he has learned from it.
To be honest I found it refreshing to hear from a footballer who isn't obssessed with pandering to the fans, isn't on social media, and just gave his thoughts authentically.

There's too much postering nowadays by players towards fans on social media. Just because someone does a tweet and a clapping emoji about the fans or whatever, it doesn't neccessarily mean they care more about the club or the result than someone like Pearson who doesn't have social media. It's just an easy thing to do.

He deffo wasn't invested in the Club as he won't be at Bournemouth & probably anyone else he plays for.

That's not a criticism, that's just the way he is.

Keiffer Moore's next move will be to a Burnley or Newcastle for circa £20mil. Seriously missed the boat there, all for an extra £200k when the player wanted to come and apparently had agreed terms.
As much as I rate him, a 28 YO like him isn’t going anywhere for anything like that.

A tough one to miss out on, given if my memory serves me correctly, the ITK members of the forum said he was AN’s #1 target

To be honest I found it refreshing to hear from a footballer who isn't obssessed with pandering to the fans, isn't on social media, and just gave his thoughts authentically.

There's too much postering nowadays by players towards fans on social media. Just because someone does a tweet and a clapping emoji about the fans or whatever, it doesn't neccessarily mean they care more about the club or the result than someone like Pearson who doesn't have social media. It's just an easy thing to do.
True but at least they make the effort to appear invested

It’s still a shit atmosphere, he’s not wrong to point it out

Not always been. Some cracking atmospheres even recently, especially under Grayson in League One promotion season and the failed campaign the year before. First year back largely good too, can recall quite a few good atmospheric games.

On top of that most home crowds are pretty shite unless they are winning anyway. Bournemouth is hardly a festival of fun too.