PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lancashire Cricket 2021

It could be an interesting finish to the County Championship stages .....

2 matches to go... next match is Yorkshire ( 2nd ) v Northants ( 3rd )

First T20

Derby's a very decent 168-7, our spinners and Lamb performed well, not so Gleeson, one over for 21 and Luke Wood 3 overs for 40. Finn Allen 29 in 13 on debut, Livingstone and Butler currently at the crease, 76 needed from 10, should be comfortable.

First T20

Derby's a very decent 168-7, our spinners and Lamb performed well, not so Gleeson, one over for 21 and Luke Wood 3 overs for 40. Finn Allen 29 in 13 on debut, Livingstone and Butler currently at the crease, 76 needed from 10, should be comfortable.
Livi had fun. Carried his bat for 94 n/o

He played more responsibly today than he does in first class cricket but it was a superb all round performance from him.

Still can’t get an answer as to why they played on a midweek afternoon, not school holidays and the low crowd (even accounting for the restrictions) illustrates how many members couldn’t use their tickets.

I tried to watch the live stream, it went off a couple of times and on the second occasion I had to admit defeat. Did anyone else have any problems?

I tried to watch the live stream, it went off a couple of times and on the second occasion I had to admit defeat. Did anyone else have any problems?
Yes, somebody pretending to be the ECB kept reporting the stream to YouTube saying it violated rights.

If it happens again, the ECB are streaming all non televised games throughout the tournament - you have to register with their site but it’s exactly the same as the stream Lancs are showing.

It could be an interesting finish to the County Championship stages .....

2 matches to go... next match is Yorkshire ( 2nd ) v Northants ( 3rd )
Ideally we don’t want Glamorgan to qualify with us. The teams qualifying carry half the points forward from the games they played against their fellow qualifiers and we’ve not got many against Glamorgan - whilst we’ve already beaten both Yorkshire and Northants.

Ideally we don’t want Glamorgan to qualify with us. The teams qualifying carry half the points forward from the games they played against their fellow qualifiers and we’ve not got many against Glamorgan - whilst we’ve already beaten both Yorkshire and Northants.
I didn’t know that WLD......

The stewards turned dozens of cars away from the ground and we were made to park in the side street 10. minutes away. Yet the parkarea was less than half full
Disgusted

Superb to hear the first drunken ‘Oh Lanky, Lanky’ of the season and renditions of Sweet Caroline, felt like life was getting back to normal!

I honestly feel that Jennings could be used in our line up, of course he will be when Buttler leaves but he certainly would solidify us a little. Bailey is a fantastic first class bowler but wouldn’t ordinarily play T20 and Wood looked better than yesterday.

Hartley was the stand out, first time I’ve seen him in the flesh and he looks very impressive indeed.

Unfortunately the motorway was at a standstill for some time on the way home, from the sounds of it some poor soul in distress. That’s two nights in a row, I just pray they’re all right.

2 wins from 2 for Lancs in the T20. Excellent work from the spinners again and a good knock from Finn Allen who looks a great signing
Yes, great start from Lancs.

I only saw the first 12 overs of Lancs innings, but Finn looked a bit scratchy to me. He'll definitely improve and there's a cracking player in there. There's a lot more to come from him I'm sure.

Yes, great start from Lancs.

I only saw the first 12 overs of Lancs innings, but Finn looked a bit scratchy to me. He'll definitely improve and there's a cracking player in there. There's a lot more to come from him I'm sure.
He wasn’t timing it properly at all - but neither was anyone else to be honest.

Superb to hear the first drunken ‘Oh Lanky, Lanky’ of the season and renditions of Sweet Caroline, felt like life was getting back to normal!

I honestly feel that Jennings could be used in our line up, of course he will be when Buttler leaves but he certainly would solidify us a little. Bailey is a fantastic first class bowler but wouldn’t ordinarily play T20 and Wood looked better than yesterday.

Hartley was the stand out, first time I’ve seen him in the flesh and he looks very impressive indeed.

Unfortunately the motorway was at a standstill for some time on the way home, from the sounds of it some poor soul in distress. That’s two nights in a row, I just pray they’re all right.
Horrible to hear about the motorway thing. Penny Lancaster was on tv this week, she's a special constable, done 5 shifts, and already dealt with a motorway bridge incident. Awful.

Permission was granted last night to redevelop the Red Rose suite. Building a new stand & retail store on Brian Statham Way, and extending the hotel.

The pic looks good, although they haven't gone for the red theme.

Still in the pipeline is the proposed new processional route linking the 2 stadiums.

1623400552510.png

Horrible to hear about the motorway thing. Penny Lancaster was on tv this week, she's a special constable, done 5 shifts, and already dealt with a motorway bridge incident. Awful.

I mean I’d heard Rod Stewart was tight but....

Good on her.

Saw him once in a car park in Bishop’s Stortford. Needless to say, it was his wife (may have been Rachel Hunter back then) feeding the meter.

I believe it was resolved satisfactorily. That's two in two days around here, there was one on the M55 on Wednesday, dreadulto think people are that low.

I’ll reserve judgment or comment until what they’ve done is made clear but the article might be of interest - even though it only provides the bare bones.