PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lord Edgingtons "Get Rich Slowly" Stocks and shares bonanza

Last edited:
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔I’m on 6% at the moment ?
From a shares perspective have a look at Aston Martin. I invested and was trundling along well - then………
I can feel a shareclub maybe ?
I never put money into individual shares, it’s a mugs game imo. The professionals have teams of analysts and access to data which is unavailable to ordinary investors. By the time you see a tip in a newspaper, it’s already too late. So I stick to funds, mostly Investment Trusts.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔I’m on 6% at the moment ?
From a shares perspective have a look at Aston Martin. I invested and was trundling along well - then………
I can feel a shareclub maybe ?

Depends when the 6% is from though really. Seems an exceptionally hard market to predict and get in at the right time but I do agree with LiS that the BG Pacific on paper has been decent in that region. But BG has seemingly been very good in most things it touched for the last few years.

I never put money into individual shares, it’s a mugs game imo. The professionals have teams of analysts and access to data which is unavailable to ordinary investors. By the time you see a tip in a newspaper, it’s already too late. So I stick to funds, mostly Investment Trusts.

I started this year with individual shares for the first time to try and diversify a bit. It's a minefield of information and misinformation on forums and boards. For every diamond there are way more donkeys it feels but then I've been tinkering with a lot smaller companies because as you say with the bigger companies everything being wrapped in Funds with their analysis is much simpler

I went for a shares portfolio this year or varying risk and so far 5% up. Sure there are many rocky roads ahead

What a disaster
Got in at the middle really but I didn’t see that coming
As I didn’t with brewdog 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Can relate to that feeling having been burned big style with the Railtrack ( Cheers Byers) & British Energy debacles.
Said i would never dabble in shares again but was persuaded last year to have a punt on Aston by my son who does a lot of work for them.
Heading in the right direction now and will let it ride for a while.

Can relate to that feeling having been burned big style with the Railtrack ( Cheers Byers) & British Energy debacles.
Said i would never dabble in shares again but was persuaded last year to have a punt on Aston by my son who does a lot of work for them.
Heading in the right direction now and will let it ride for a while.
Yes
Definitely one to keep. Just watch when the film is released. Nothing more fickle than the share market

It's all timing with individual shares. I'd be a millionaire now if I just had a bit more luck. I had Thomas Cook shares when they were fluttering around between 17-23p a share. I noticed a pattern that they would increase in the run up to results announcements and then decrease after the announcement, so one month I thought I'll cash out the day before the announcement and then buy back in when they've dropped. Typically the market was pleased with this announcement and the shares flew up to £1.70 within two weeks and I was left to count my pittance.

I went for a shares portfolio this year or varying risk and so far 5% up. Sure there are many rocky roads ahead

I've got 4 or 5 on the go at the moment in Small Cap type companies, two mining stocks that seem to cancel each other out with their good/bad days (todays a good example with one up 13% and one down 13%).

My main shareholding is cloud video editing company that seems to making inroads with sports teams and events that because I took a decent punt on it it holds me above water most of the time so from the start of this year when I started doing shares it's up 60% on it's own but means overall I'm about 30% up on the shares over the 5 months. If I can do the same again the latter part of the year I'd take that certainly

I can see what LiS means about shares being hard work though, nothing ever seems to go with what your head and logic says should happen, but I already have most of my stuff in funds through works schemes so I figured a side gamble was worthwhile in an attempt to hasten a retirement

The frustrating thing with shares is that the prices are often driven by men sat behind computers and have very little to do with the company's performance. If a broker decides they want to buy another tranche of shares but don't like the price, they can wipe value off at the click of a button. Makes it very difficult for the small folk.

The frustrating thing with shares is that the prices are often driven by men sat behind computers and have very little to do with the company's performance. If a broker decides they want to buy another tranche of shares but don't like the price, they can wipe value off at the click of a button. Makes it very difficult for the small folk.

I think sometimes this is overstated especially among small shares that the belief some broker is going to make a killing by someone who is trading a few hundred quid and shaking a tree with a bunch of similar small holders. Market makers care about volume moreso as they need a buyer and seller for every trade