PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

England in the Euros.

Gutted for Pickford to save 2 penalties and be on the losing side. Unlucky but that's what penalties are for England.
Southgate's gamble of putting Rashford and Sancho on for penalties backfired. There were more experienced members of the squad I expected to step up for a penalty.
On to the world cup, the future looks bright for this England team.

One last thought for Saka from me, you will get over it. Put the experience behind you and learn from it. You are a valued member of the squad and will only get better.

Cue racist hate mail from the worst element of England “fans”, I really hope the police, and the social media platforms are on the ball right now.

One last thought for Saka from me, you will get over it. Put the experience behind you and learn from it. You are a valued member of the squad and will only get better.

Cue racist hate mail from the worst element of England “fans”, I really hope the police, and the social media platforms are on the ball right now.
Already started. Not gonna post it but it’s not hard to find

Put it this way. “Saka s Instagram” is top trending right now. Not hard to work out why

Gutted for Pickford to save 2 penalties and be on the losing side. Unlucky but that's what penalties are for England.
Southgate's gamble of putting Rashford and Sancho on for penalties backfired. There were more experienced members of the squad I expected to step up for a penalty.
On to the world cup, the future looks bright for this England team.
To save a penalty from Jorginho in the manner that Pickford did shows he’s truly one of the best!

I'll repeat this on the other thread. But why the fuck are we not learning!? 1 0 up at half time vs Croatia, we lost. 1 0 up at half time vs Holland in the Nations League, we lost. 1 0 up at half time vs Italy, we lost.

We were crying out for changes in the 2nd half. We never made 1 until the 70th minute. Reactive and not proactive. Like Solskjaer at United, at a vital part of the final, we were tactically outclassed.

As for the penalties, what the fuck were we thinking!? 2 1 up, keeper dives the wrong way, Rashford hits the post. Inexcusable in my opinion. As a footballer, he needs a long look in the mirror as he's been very poor for a long time. Greenwood is ten times that better player, yet Rashford would have been picked ahead of him.

That then put the pressure on Sancho, who a long with Rashford had 1 job which was to score a penalty, and it was a shocker. Sancho at least hit the target, but it was perfect for the keeper to save.

My major gripe, isn't with a young lad like Saka missing his penalty. It's the likes of Sterling and Grealish, letting him deal with the pressure. Especially that penalty.

To save a penalty from Jorginho in the manner that Pickford did shows he’s truly one of the best!
Pickford is one of those unique players who performs better for his country than his club.

For some reason he's never really felt like a natural fit at Everton. There's a lot of pressure and criticism from the fanbase at that club despite the fact that they aren't really a top club. A lot of their fans didn't even rate Romelu Lukaku when he was there despite his outstanding goalscoring record for them.

He'll bounce back from this, he'll smash one in at the World Cup.

I was saying something similar before, sadly had a feeling the players who missed their penalties were going to cop it online, especially Rashford, a player who already probably peeves the racists off for speaking up and being proactive with his life. Now they have this to use an excuse.

I also feel sorry for wives and partners in abusive relationships where the abuser lashes out over England losing.
Football matters to a lot of people, and that's okay, it's not 'just a sport' to many, but there's a point where people just need to get a serious grip.

I'll repeat this on the other thread. But why the fuck are we not learning!? 1 0 up at half time vs Croatia, we lost. 1 0 up at half time vs Holland in the Nations League, we lost. 1 0 up at half time vs Italy, we lost.

We were crying out for changes in the 2nd half. We never made 1 until the 70th minute. Reactive and not proactive. Like Solskjaer at United, at a vital part of the final, we were tactically outclassed.

As for the penalties, what the fuck were we thinking!? 2 1 up, keeper dives the wrong way, Rashford hits the post. Inexcusable in my opinion. As a footballer, he needs a long look in the mirror as he's been very poor for a long time. Greenwood is ten times that better player, yet Rashford would have been picked ahead of him.

That then put the pressure on Sancho, who a long with Rashford had 1 job which was to score a penalty, and it was a shocker. Sancho at least hit the target, but it was perfect for the keeper to save.

My major gripe, isn't with a young lad like Saka missing his penalty. It's the likes of Sterling and Grealish, letting him deal with the pressure. Especially that penalty.
There are 3 rules for taking a penalty - hit it hard, hit it high and hit it in the corner. You would have thought they'd have learned by now!

He'll bounce back from this, he'll smash one in at the World Cup.

I was saying something similar before, sadly had a feeling the players who missed their penalties were going to cop it online, especially Rashford, a player who already probably peeves the racists off for speaking up and being proactive with his life. Now they have this to use an excuse.

I also feel sorry for wives and partners in abusive relationships where the abuser lashes out over England losing.
Football matters to a lot of people, and that's okay, it's not 'just a sport' to many, but there's a point where people just need to get a serious grip.

And therein lies the problem. It is just a sport. Win or lose how does it affect our lives in any serious, meaningful way? Other than making us happy or sad temporarily it doesn't. Increasingly though people invest too much in it, almost as if it is a substitute for war. Right now, like many on here I'm disappointed but our day will come!

As Rudyard Kipling said - "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same; .............. you'll be a Man my Son!"

Sadly many in England (and elsewhere) cannot.

37F0C8D5-EA69-499B-A446-EEC55AE56A6F.jpeg

Wonder why its never come home? Crap
Like this after a loss.

Imagine praising that. Second half onwards was an absolute disgrace.

My Harry Kane agenda? Another final in which he’s put in a 0/10 and absolutely no goal contributions.

Frauds

View attachment 4178

Wonder why its never come home? Crap
Like this after a loss.

Imagine praising that. Second half onwards was an absolute disgrace.

My Harry Kane agenda? Another final in which he’s put in a 0/10 and absolutely no goal contributions.

Frauds
Or we can choose to see the positives and live a life that is more fulfilling.

Well if its not that then what is it?

Aim of any sport is to win. Whether thats footy or badminton etc.
That's a desirable outcome. If you think that winning is the ONLY thing that matters, that the result is the be all and end all of the pursuit, then you can become irrationally consumed by those thoughts. Sport is also about personal development, camararderie, and all the other elements that constitute sport. I'd recommend The Long Win by Cath Bishop, or any work on REBT (a form of CBT). I suspect you'll probably dismiss my approach but I truly believe that we should focus on all the positives that sport brings and not just the result.

Anyone posting racist shit against those black players need a frontal lobotomy or even brain removal, either way they’d be more intelligent after.
I don’t understand the mentality of these people. The players didn’t miss the penalties because they are black. They missed because they are young, less experienced and possibly overawed by the occasion. At least Southgate has taken the blame.