PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Katie Hopkins getting deported as I write this for flouting Covid quarantine rules. She was meant to be on Big Brother VIP, but thankfully she's getting chucked out of the country, and good fucking riddance! Horrific woman.

Vile person. I thought it was sickening she was allowed to enter the country for a TV appearance, yet there are possible a lot of Australians unable to enter the country to reunite with their families.

Went into Aldi this morning, not sure if everyone had forgot that it was “freedom day” but most people still wearing masks! Will be interested to see how/if this changes over the coming weeks.

He needs to enjoy it. We all know they will be shut again by the end of September at the latest
This “freedom“ to me is a massive experiment, see how many people get it without being really really ill, will gauge how effective the vaccine is, and if it really does reduce spread and hospitalisation, then I think they really will let it rip through the remainder of the population, to get herd immunity.

This “freedom“ to me is a massive experiment, see how many people get it without being really really ill, will gauge how effective the vaccine is, and if it really does reduce spread and hospitalisation, then I think they really will let it rip through the remainder of the population, to get herd immunity.
Agreed. The thing I don't get though is we have been told several times that according to the symptom trackers and stuff they believe that woth combined vaccine and people getting infected we are probably around the 80-85% range of people having antibodies.

So what level do we need to get to for that to kick in?

Just a link for one article i was looking at. it also says that herd immunity is now in doubt. Which is another thing i don't get..this covid thing is one colossal head fuck

Agreed. The thing I don't get though is we have been told several times that according to the symptom trackers and stuff they believe that woth combined vaccine and people getting infected we are probably around the 80-85% range of people having antibodies.

So what level do we need to get to for that to kick in?

Just a link for one article i was looking at. it also says that herd immunity is now in doubt. Which is another thing i don't get..this covid thing is one colossal head fuck
I think the big issue is all these studies and statistics exclude children.

Went into Aldi this morning, not sure if everyone had forgot that it was “freedom day” but most people still wearing masks! Will be interested to see how/if this changes over the coming weeks.
Sure I read that Aldi were asking their shoppers to continue to wear mask and use hand sanitizer

They can ask. But they can't force. I think all the supermarkets have asked most shops in general have.. Tbf i think most people still will in most settings
Most people were in Morrisons this morning.Practically 100%.
In theory as it is private property perhaps supermarkets could refuse entry if they were inclined to?
Not likely to happen though from a commercial and enforcement point of view.

Most people were in Morrisons this morning.Practically 100%.
In theory as it is private property perhaps supermarkets could refuse entry if they were inclined to?
Not likely to happen though from a commercial and enforcement point of view.
Yeah if it was my shop i wouldn't even try and enforce it. Just not worth the hassle

Just did the same, no discernable difference.

Key word
Listening
You ha e to listen to make a balanced view

it’s very tiresome having to listen, and then have to wait until people have fact-checked what a government minister has said.

Sure, it might help form a balanced view- but when Walter Mitty has cried “wolf” so many times, I am not sure someone can be derided for stopping listening.

Forgive my ignorance but if “freedom day” is supposed to herald an upturn in the economy then why are share prices plummeting today?

Big falls of around 2.5%?

I wondered yesterday about how Johnson ended up at Chequers to isolate rather than Downing Street because the implication was he was in Downing Street yesterday morning and he suddenly seems to be at Chequers when he announced he was isolating (very convenient). It appears Downing Street aren’t sure when he arrived either,