PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If you could meet one person off here, who you don't know, for a beer, whom and why.

I wish I was brave enough to meet @222Mark, but every time I came on here for about a fortnight, his avatar was on the main menu next to "unusual activity?". I've been having a reocurring nightmare ever since!

Thank you, sir. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be much of a queue except for the welcoming committee at Manchester Airport...

giphy.gif

I've spoken to Mark privately and he really is a thoroughly decent bloke (y)

Well I've had a fair few beers with @Ando60 decades ago, and wouldn't mind a couple more with him or perhaps sharing a nice bottle of red.

I also know someone else on here only by his real name. The bugger's never told me his user name even though he knows mine - and we've been mates since we were 5! Still I do meet up with him regularly, or at least did pre-covid.

I may well know others without realising it.

As for new meet ups:

@Sid Snot would be up there for his sense of humour - though I'd probably find myself at the back of a very long queue.

My politics are roughly in the same ballpark as @raefil so we could have a comradely chat about whether or not Marx would have gone for 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2.

I wish I was brave enough to meet @222Mark, but every time I came on here for about a fortnight, his avatar was on the main menu next to "unusual activity?". I've been having a reocurring nightmare ever since!
look, how many times?

4-4-2

Back at ya Nobby. My Mum walked me to school from our house and somehow every kid en route joined the 'train'. Nobby was one of those kids.
I know you came with us for your first game but I don't have a clue who we played or what the score was.
Haha yes, your poor Mum. I can just imagine all the Mothers peeping rom behind their curtains and saying, "Mrs B is here, go on, off you trot" as your Mum got lumbered with half a dozen brats! 🤣🤣

The game was a 2-2 draw at home to Burnley very close to bonfire night. I remember a few supporters from both sides throwing fireworks as we came off the ground.
I made the mistake of telling my Mum what had happened and she went mad. "Don't you EVER go on there again", she said.

As was the norm, I didn't take any notice of her. In hindsight, I wish I had!

Haha yes, your poor Mum. I can just imagine all the Mothers peeping rom behind their curtains and saying, "Mrs B is here, go on, off you trot" as your Mum got lumbered with half a dozen brats! 🤣🤣

The game was a 2-2 draw at home to Burnley very close to bonfire night. I remember a few supporters from both sides throwing fireworks as we came off the ground.
I made the mistake of telling my Mum what had happened and she went mad. "Don't you EVER go on there again", she said.

As was the norm, I didn't take any notice of her. In hindsight, I wish I had!
Mum knows best! That proves it. The firework throwing thing round 'bommy' nightwas normal back
then. I don't remember the game though, a 2-2 draw with the dingles and fireworks going off sounds like I should. Do you remember what year it was and who was the manager and some of the players?

Mum knows best! That proves it. The firework throwing thing round 'bommy' nightwas normal back
then. I don't remember the game though, a 2-2 draw with the dingles and fireworks going off sounds like I should. Do you remember what year it was and who was the manager and some of the players?
It was early 80's I think. Tommy Booth had not long signed. I'm going to have to Google and see what refreshes my memory!

Edit: It was 20th October 1981. I got the score wrong. It was 1-1

I am worried about all of this meeting nonsense
I’d imagine most of you lot have working class diseases such as pox or leprosy and to my horror as per the earlier picture the drawbridge is firmly stuck down
Melford has been despatched with a can of 3 in 1 and a crowbar

We can fix your drawbridge and your bottom on the same visit, sir.

Snot & Co. - a pox and leprosy free company!!

Edit: We can fix your drawbridge and your bottom field on the same visit, sir.