PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

Pretty sure nmecha came here as it was seen as the best fit football wise.
However also worth remembering Muric was sent to managerless forest - where lamouchi quickly replaced him with his own man once appointed.
Clearly in the latter case a decision was made on the basis of wage contribution rather than development, so be interesting to see how City play this one.
I seem to recall we were disappointed at missing out on Muric but it didn't work out at Forest and has played very little football in loans to Girona and Erevedise.

Chong isn't great. Delap would be a good piece of business imo, quite low risk and probably a bigger goal threat than our current strikers?
I think with Chong, it's just waiting for it all to click. He could still be a very good player. I think the only time Liam Delap will step into Deepdale, will be for the opposition too.

Pretty sure nmecha came here as it was seen as the best fit football wise.
However also worth remembering Muric was sent to managerless forest - where lamouchi quickly replaced him with his own man once appointed.
Clearly in the latter case a decision was made on the basis of wage contribution rather than development, so be interesting to see how City play this one.

Quite well known that Risdale swooped in and got him and convinced him to come to us for football reasons.

I think with Chong, it's just waiting for it all to click. He could still be a very good player. I think the only time Liam Delap will step into Deepdale, will be for the opposition too.
Chong potentially could tear this league apart this season. He could also be a complete flop. I wish we had signed him though.

How come the EFL have eased Derby’s transfer embargo after all the shenanigans?
Because Derby got fucked over. You're allowed to sign under embargo if you don't have enough players to field a team of senior players.

Senior players are counted as anyone at the club who has played a first team fixture. Last season an outbreak of covid forced them to play a bunch of youth team kids in the cup against Chorley, who are now counted as first team players despite being nothing of the sort.

Relaxing the embargo for this was the right thing to do.